The E3 2021 Predictions Thread

Ran

52 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

4K Viewtiful Joe on PS5 using them triggers.

A proper take my money moment! Yeah, the return of that series would quite comfortably be amongst the top of my E3 wish list!

On 04/06/2021 at 02:13, Benny said:

Elden Ring release date.

Breath of the Wild 2 reveal.

New F-Zero.

Metroid Prime 4.

Bloodborne 60fps PS5 patch and PC port.

Hey, why not aim high.

Is all of that too much to ask for ? Is it ?

I'll just stick with Nintendo stuff.

BOTW2 - Later this year IF Switch Pro is released. Otherwise, first quarter 2022.

Mario Kart 9 - An openworld Mario Kart game due for release later this year (Nov)

2D Metroid. Sept.

New Mario Party. Oct.

Donkey Kong Country game - gameplay, out next year.

Resident Evil - Sept.

Zelda double pack Wind Waker/Twilight Princess "sometime this year".

I reckon NLG is always working on something that will get revealed. Last game was Luigi Mansion 3 and that came out a while back.

6 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Open-world Mario Kart, like Burnout Paradise in the Mushroom Kingdom?

My dream would be for it to follow the Forza formula. Create conveys with friends to go do races, have special events where you race against classic nintendo characters etc with the map having sections of Hyrule, Mario Kingdom etc

1 hour ago, Darhkwing said:

My dream would be for it to follow the Forza formula. Create conveys with friends to go do races, have special events where you race against classic nintendo characters etc with the map having sections of Hyrule, Mario Kingdom etc

You actually drive around Super Nintendo World®?

7 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

The next Mario Kart basically needs to expand on what 8 did and start introducing more levels from other Nintendo IPs, essentially turning it from Mario and some friends into the Smash Bros of Kart racers.

I hope they do that yes. But i am sick of the GP modes. They are boring and outdated. Also, no one want to complete everything on 50cc, 100cc, 150cc and 200c. If you beat on 150cc it should also mark off 50 and 100cc as being complete.

It needs a campaign to it and better online modes.

On 02/05/2021 at 09:37, Qazimod said:

From @Sarlaccfood's E3 thread:

I said there'd be nothing on Elden Ring but I'm prepared to be super-wrong about that

Definitely no news on Babylon's Fall, because Platinum like tormenting me.

Fire Emblem character reveal for Smash Ultimate

Neo TWEWY extended preview from Square

Updated, following the Squenix show. Not doing too badly I reckon.🤔

On 02/05/2021 at 09:27, Ran said:

I do enjoy putting on my Micheal Pachter pants in the gaming predictions thread and then seeing how utterly terrible I am at calling anything so here's a second opportunity to show how on the pulse your finger is and have your hopes dashed as people suggest things you hadn't considered in your wildest dreams not come to pass!

These are my main predictions:

SONY  - didn't even have a conference!

Horizon gameplay demo 

God of War 2 teaser 

Last of us part 2 ps5 upgrade 

Capcoms Dragons Dogma 2

Konami's Silent Hill or MGS remake

MICROSOFT

Halo Infinite gameplay demo - only Multiplayer shown  

Avowed trailer 

Starfield trailer (Bethesda conference for detailed reveal) - there was only a teaser and Bethesda didn't have their own conference!

Froms Elden Ring - Not in Microsofts conference

NINTENDO 

Switch Pro / Switch 2 / Super Switch! - conference not happened but no chance of this

Breath of the Wild 2

Metroid 4

Mario Galaxy 2 remaster 

UBISOFT 

...Give two fucks?

Plenty on there to make me excited at the prospect so that tells me I am way off the mark already! :lol:  - My most accurate prediction by a country mile.

Yes! I went full Pachter and spoke total bollocks. I am pretty confident those 3 Nintendo shouts will also be red by the end of the day.