My new idea for a horror movie

It takes place on a plane. The pilot, Bill Hoffman, finds out that his wife and baby are held hostage by a terrorist! He get's a phonecall;

“It’s simple,” he is told. “Crash your plane or I kill your family. The choice is yours.”

That's the premise. What do you think of my new idea?

12 minutes ago, Capwn said:

It takes place on a plane. The pilot, Bill Hoffman, finds out that his wife and baby are held hostage by a terrorist! He get's a phonecall;

“It’s simple,” he is told. “Crash your plane or I kill your family. The choice is yours.”

Sounds really original, although I’m not sure of his name though, doesn’t ring true. 

10 minutes ago, Orion said:

Sounds more like a thriller than a horror film.  

I agree.

Make the pilot a female, single divorced. Has issues, workaholic?, Add some social media issues and you got the template for today's modern horror.

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

The plane is the ghost.

But who was terrorist?

Ah, well, it turns out that he, too, is a ghost - the ghost of the ghost pilot's co-pilot, who died when the then-living pilot crashed his plane to prevent the pilot's family being killed by a terrorist some ten years earlier - crashed it into the co-pilot's house! This is the co-pilot's revenge flick and it's called Spooks on a Plane and it takes upwards of an hour for anyone to figure out the identity of the terrorist and another half hour for the pilot to discover his motive and then there's another twist and the film ends quite suddenly on a panning shot of a man alone in a room in Alberta, CA, wanking himself to death painfully slowly. No-one knows his identity, which is expected to be the central mystery of the sequel, Do Ghosts Even Wank Really?

2 hours ago, Capwn said:

But then what? 

Directed by M. Shite Shymalan - the twist is the terrorist and the wife are on the plane.

At the end they burst into the cabin just as he’s about to pancake the jet into the ground - surprise it’s your birthday and all the people on the plane are his friends and family . Bit like Fincher’s The Gane but called The Plane.