Battlefield 2042

Harsin

So is the Series S version the £70 128 players version or the last gen version? I would have thought it would have been a bigger deal if this is the first “Series X only” game but I’m only seeing Series X mentioned in all the articles.

19 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Is that a troll question? They're the same generation.

All the articles say X/S

No they don’t. 

Literally the first article I googled:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/22525821/battlefield-2042-release-date-announcement-gameplay

Battlefield 2042 is being built for PlayStation 5, Windows PC, and Xbox Series X, the platforms that will support those 128 player counts. (Last-gen consoles will max out at 64 players.)

Outwith the merits of it being actual "game" footage or not, that trailer released yesterday is a masterpiece. 

It's really fucking well made. Multiple goosebump moments even on rewatch. The tenet sound effect, Mötley Crüe piping in during the rocket launch and the subsequent interior car shot.... It's REALLY good! 

15 hours ago, Simmy said:

Outwith the merits of it being actual "game" footage or not, that trailer released yesterday is a masterpiece. 

It's really fucking well made. Multiple goosebump moments even on rewatch. The tenet sound effect, Mötley Crüe piping in during the rocket launch and the subsequent interior car shot.... It's REALLY good! 

Agree completely with the audio. The Tenet effect you mention really caught my attention. 

I do feel it seemed slightly OTT at times, but I’m going to STFU as I really disliked the settings of 1 and V, so haven’t really bothered with a BF game since BF4 as I much prefer a modern setting. 

I wonder when the decision was made to release it for the previous generation of consoles? Wasn’t everything pointing to it being current gen only? It could be down to supply issues with the current generation meaning they would have lower sales. 

Edited by Optic

I thought it got worse on a rewatch tbh. What are all the soldiers in the midground doing during the rocket launch! They look like bad extras is a movie. 
It's too disjointed and too long.  

I would love to be drawn back into the fanchise, it was always one of my favourites. Jury is out though, lets see how the gameplay footage looks.

10 hours ago, Padaxes said:

I thought it got worse on a rewatch tbh. What are all the soldiers in the midground doing during the rocket launch! They look like bad extras is a movie. 
It's too disjointed and too long.  

I would love to be drawn back into the fanchise, it was always one of my favourites. Jury is out though, lets see how the gameplay footage looks.

That's the background, your eyes shouldn't focus on that.

It's like the best fireworks in the world going off around you and you're standing there focused on the old rotary club member who hobbled over to light them. 

Sorry I'm being silly but just enjoy the show. 

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Yep. Give it 2 months closer to Christmas and the lower edition will be 40 quid or so, EA always reduce before Xmas.

I learnt that the hard way. I made the mistake of buying SW Battlefront on launch in November for like £55 and it was ~£20 by the first week of December.

41 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

I learnt that the hard way. I made the mistake of buying SW Battlefront on launch in November for like £55 and it was ~£20 by the first week of December.

That was a bit of an edge case because they fucked it up so badly and no bugger bought it, but yeah it's the same principle.

I'd be wary of any "deluxe" editions too. For the last three Battlefield releases (Hardline, One, and V) they've either delivered the extras you paid for over a year after launch or, in the case of Hardline, not at all (unless they implemented the Workbench feature after everyone had stopped playing it or something).

The new trailer looks pretty neat, and it's great to see the return of creative play being allowed again (C4 Jeeps!), which is something that felt like it was missing for the last couple of titles.

26 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

I'd be wary of any "deluxe" editions too. For the last three Battlefield releases (Hardline, One, and V) they've either delivered the extras you paid for over a year after launch or, in the case of Hardline, not at all (unless they implemented the Workbench feature after everyone had stopped playing it or something).

The new trailer looks pretty neat, and it's great to see the return of creative play being allowed again (C4 Jeeps!), which is something that felt like it was missing for the last couple of titles.

In the case of V they scaled back what you got and many people didn't even get that. It was a mess. 

In this one it looks like a handfull of skins and 4 x season passes. Considering that's how they are monetising the game I figure you're going to get it as they will be releasing the season passes anyway.

Heads up PS5 and Series X versions are £55.05 this weekend only at Game Collection with discount applied at checkout.  Even better with a little bit of Quidco and reward points.

Still pricey but better than £64.99 RRP!

On 15/06/2021 at 09:21, T Pot said:

Although, I think if you want the series S / X Version, you have to buy the Gold Edition at £80 odd quid. The standard version doesn't list Series X / S in its description.

No, the S X version is available as standard at £62.99 per that screenshot above.

https://xbox-store-checker.com/en/game/compare/Battlefield-2042-Xbox-Series-X-S/9nkgmnkrfn5q

£43 quid-ish if you buy from the Turkey store.

Buy Turkey credit from CDKeys or equivalent.  VPN on your PC into a Turkish VPN server.  Go to MS site. Redeem credit. Buy game.  End VPN Session.

https://www.eneba.com/store/xbox-gift-cards-under-50?page=1&platforms[]=XBOX&rangeTo=50&regions[]=turkey&types[]=giftcard

1 hour ago, djbhammer said:

No, the S X version is available as standard at £62.99 per that screenshot above.

That’s good. At first when searching on the series x it only showed the XB1 version as standard and series version for gold pack.