Battlefield 2042

Harsin

On 19/06/2021 at 11:40, rafaqat said:

https://xbox-store-checker.com/en/game/compare/Battlefield-2042-Xbox-Series-X-S/9nkgmnkrfn5q

£43 quid-ish if you buy from the Turkey store.

Buy Turkey credit from CDKeys or equivalent.  VPN on your PC into a Turkish VPN server.  Go to MS site. Redeem credit. Buy game.  End VPN Session.

https://www.eneba.com/store/xbox-gift-cards-under-50?page=1&platforms[]=XBOX&rangeTo=50&regions[]=turkey&types[]=giftcard

Does this still work? Cause I just bought some credit from the store you linked and no matter what steps I've taken, I get the message that the code is for another region CsvCurrencyMismatch.

2 hours ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Does this still work? Cause I just bought some credit from the store you linked and no matter what steps I've taken, I get the message that the code is for another region CsvCurrencyMismatch.

I've had that before a while back.  So you're definitely VPN'd into a turkish server before you go to redeem the code?   Do it in a incognito window just in case you have soe cookies sat around giving away your region.

I think I've also previously set my console to be Turkish region, rebooted and ewntered the code on the console.  used Google translate to work out where the redeem button was.  :)

On 24/06/2021 at 11:25, CarloOos said:

If that’s true that it almost makes up for them never patching BF4 when the mid-gen consoles came out.

Might be where new gen and old gen can meet with the 64 player limit.

I really hope this rumour is true, I downloaded 4 again to play on the PS5...its one ugly game now.

I would rather play BF1 but its dead everytime I go near it.

• 3 weeks later...

After getting into Battlefield V recently having never really been into the Series I’m now day one on this, why didn’t anyone tell me Battlefield is so good?

I mean people justly criticise EA but it’s hard to argue they don’t have an excellent line up of games - all I’ve played recently is FIFA, Hot Pursuit and Battlefield. 

Will this one have one player stories? 

No this is multiplayer only.

Like I said in the BFV thread if V is the first one you've played it's a great game. By any yardstick it's at least a good game, the problem with V is that it had a very rocky start, it didn't know what audience it was trying to go for and they changed some fundamentals of the game which pissed returning players off. 

I stopped playing for a multitude reasons, not least of all was every time they'd fix something in a patch something else would break.

I waited for a sale for V in the first instance after BFI had similar issues and this time round I might even wait the 6/12 months or so till it hits EA play. Unless it gets the 10 hour trial and turns out to be so balls amazing I can't live without it.

On a more positive note, cross play has been confirmed and you can tailor which platforms you play with:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-07-14-battlefield-2042-pc-and-console-cross-play-detailed

39 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

On a more positive note, cross play has been confirmed and you can tailor which platforms you play with:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-07-14-battlefield-2042-pc-and-console-cross-play-detailed

This is massive for me. Fucks me off that crossplay with PC is forced on Warzone.

Second this comes out Warzone can get fucked off my HDD.

Head up that this is £49.95 over at the game collection for series x version (not sure about PS5) 

Very tempted but I have £150 worth or reward points that I will use. 

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

After getting into Battlefield V recently having never really been into the Series I’m now day one on this, why didn’t anyone tell me Battlefield is so good?

I mean people justly criticise EA but it’s hard to argue they don’t have an excellent line up of games - all I’ve played recently is FIFA, Hot Pursuit and Battlefield. 

Will this one have one player stories? 

I did lol

48 minutes ago, Fused gamer said:

Oh. Blimey I didn't know that, but then I've only played it on PS. That seems a bit of a silly oversight. 

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I got sick of being laser beamed and the talk of cheating on the rise isn't tempting me back.

1 hour ago, Dave White said:

I did lol

That’s true you did back in the day! Remember you teaching me how to fly a helicopter and how bad I was 😅 This was of course the original Battlefield on PC - I’ve not played any of them really since then, we’ll have to play this one together Dave 🙂

This is brilliant. 

https://gamerant.com/battlefield-2042-portal-sandbox-preview/

" Portal brings back six classic Battlefield maps, available to use in these custom matches. The list includes Caspian Border and Noshahr Canals from Battlefield 3, Battle of the Bulge and El Alamein from Battlefield 1942, and Arica Harbor and Valparaiso from Bad Company 2"

"Better yet, all assets from these maps have been rebuilt from the ground up in the Frostbite engine and reimagined for modern technology. The map layouts themselves remain as close as possible to how fans remember them, but for the older maps from Battlefield 1942, destruction physics have been added."

I can see me playing the older maps more than the new game. Some absolute classics in there. 

1 hour ago, koefoed said:

Portal will be a billion servers with retarded rules and 3 players on them.

I don't get how they think this will ever turn into something fun and playable.

If the old maps are in rotation in the main game servers then I don't see me using it. 

But it's a brilliant option for communities that want to make their own daft game modes. 

If Portal is as diverse with it's customisation and settings as that video says it is I think this is going to be the last Battlefield game for at least a generation and all future versions will be released via this. Just a gut feeling, not predecated on anything other than the sheer diversity of what it's offering/promising. Only time will tell if it gets used in its intended manner or if the only things people make are 128 player sniper only maps.

Are the remade maps going into general rotation or are they only available in the Portal space?

• 2 weeks later...

Playtest invites are going out. I got an email a while ago. 

I'm currently in a very very big queue . 

Play times are at 1pm on a Tuesday or some shit. 

I got the invite and signed up right away.  The Playtest is now sitting in my EA playtester account (that I've had for a while, I did Destiny and Star Wars Squadrons previously) and is listed as "Pending"

Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...