Battlefield 2042

Harsin

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MattKB said:

Well. It needs a lot of work based on the available build. 

Although the build is content from a few months ago with unfinished, missing and disabled assets & features.

1 hour ago, MattKB said:

Well. It needs a lot of work based on the available build. 

Battlefield alphas are always pretty ropey compared to the final game, so I wouldn't be too concerned if it has some graphical glitches or dodgy animations or whatever. It's par for the course with DICE alphas and they release them primarily to test the network code and response etc.

I really hope this is a return to form for the series and it looks like they've swung back to making a true sequel to BF3/4 which will make a lot of people happy. For me a good Battlefield game wipes the floor with every other multiplayer shooter out there by a significant margin, so fingers crossed.

35 minutes ago, Ry said:

Downloading now. What times is it available to play over the weekend?

7pm - 10, then tomorrow 1-3 & 7-9

If you are on Xbox expect it to be incredibly buggy. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Based on the very poor state of the technical playtest on PC, I cant say I'm surprised.  I know lots of people leapt to EA's defence with "but it's an old build" - but it was clear to me that it wasn't *that* old and was a long way from being where it needed to be.

I cant help but think that a 5 week delay isn't going to make much of a difference.  I fear 2042 is still going to release in a poor rushed state (just like every other Battlefield TBF)

I get that EA are desperate to have the game release in "the Holidays"  or it will screw their year profit projections and tank the share price, but I just want a decent BF game and if it needs another 6 months, take it.