Edge #359 - Solar Ash

17 minutes ago, mackemansj1 said:

Has anyone delt with mymagazine subs, the website says it was delivered on 20th and I've not got it yet, my first issue of my sub so not a good start.

Email them until they get back to you. Failing that ping the edge twitter account see if someone there can bypass the bullshit. Loads of people have had problems, I think the initial set up on their system is just prone to being garbage or some shit.

Ok, just read the review of Resi 8.

It says Ethan is the least characterful protagonist of any Resi game. No idea how Ethan’s hilarious bumbling and head-banging perseverance as he’s munched to pieces is inferior to the bland vanilla personas of your average Resi protagonist.

It keeps referencing normal difficulty when this thread’s made it pretty obvious that’s too easy and doesn’t require much in the way of tactics.

It says the baddies are worse than the blobs in Resi 7...They aren’t.

Worst of all, it’s riddled with spoilers for the entire game.

I give the Resi Village review a 4/10, which is the same as they gave the really quite good Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner.

11 hours ago, womblingfree said:

It keeps referencing normal difficulty when this thread’s made it pretty obvious that’s too easy and doesn’t require much in the way of tactics.

Is that not... a problem though?

13 minutes ago, BitterToad said:

Is that not... a problem though?

Don't other resident evil games only offer difficult modes once you've completed it once through on normal? 

That RE8 offers "hardcore" at the outset suggests an acknowledgement that more experienced players might not be served by the initial difficulty setting.

To be fair, the game could do a better job of labelling it's difficulty modes. Hardcore is "we'll throw everything we've got at you."

18 hours ago, womblingfree said:

Ok, just read the review of Resi 8.

It says Ethan is the least characterful protagonist of any Resi game. No idea how Ethan’s hilarious bumbling and head-banging perseverance as he’s munched to pieces is inferior to the bland vanilla personas of your average Resi protagonist.

Yeah, Ethan is incredible. I love him. Anyone struggling with him, try and regard him as being a hapless hybrid of Bruce Campbell’s Ash by way of Ol’ Gil and Frank Grimes from The Simpsons. Cunt cracks me up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/05/2021 at 09:33, bear said:

Looking forward to reading this in three or four weeks. 

Three and a half as it turned out. 

Ridiculous that Future take so long to deliver a subscription to Ireland. I subscribe to Edge and Custom PC. Custom PC from Raspberry Pi publishing shows up within a few days of the UK street date, Edge is always multiple weeks after the street date. Its the only way I can get each title since the pandemic kicked off but its annoying that Future are so poor in comparison.

Just to be clear I'm not taking a dig at anyone producing the magazine as I'm sure they'd be much happier if delivery times were better.