Podcasts - Recommendations

McCoy

On 20/05/2021 at 06:15, makkuwata said:

With hundreds of episodes I can only recall 2 were they specifically focused on videogames, but if you’re not listening to the weekly planet each week you’re denying yourself serotonin.

It’s not the hosts, but also watch Aunty Donna on Netflix or YouTube or whatever. It’s self aware.

I discovered Video Wizards by chance a few months back and it has been my go to ever since.
I grew up around the arcades so the entire premise hooked me in from the beginning.
It's like a podcast version of the back to the 80s & 90s features from retro gamer.

Video Wizards is a monthly podcast about the arcade games of the 1980s and 1990s and their cultural context, by two survivors of the scene.

Every month, Ben Cartlidge and Michiel Kroder take a look at what arcade games came out or were popular in that same month, in a random year from the last two decades of the 20th century.

We discuss what was going on in the arcades, restaurants, pubs, cafes, snack bars and fish ‘n chips shops that housed the games we played, but also what was going on in popular culture and the world around us, with Ben bringing the UK perspective and Michiel looking at things from a Dutch point of view.

https://videowizardspodcast.com/

On 19/05/2021 at 12:36, deerokus said:

Retronauts is usually good. 

Usually yes, but lately there was a whole episode about moogles, which is a flying enemy in FF, yet still never have they done an Elder Scrolls episode.