IGNORED

The Friends Reunion special

Gabe

Watched the reunion yesterday. It was better than i was expecting - mainly because i thought it was gonna be 2 hours or corden asking questions and random celebs doing the same. It was good to see them all together but i did feel sad at how they had all aged. Must be so weird being on top of the world and then having the rug pulled from you and returning to somewhat normality.

However, nothing really new was revealed in the way of information. I kinda think they could make a new series at some point though, i mean technically their kids would be at least 16 by now - it wouldn't be the same show, but i think it could work - i don't believe they ever will return though.

33 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Watched the reunion yesterday. It was better than i was expecting - mainly because i thought it was gonna be 2 hours or corden asking questions and random celebs doing the same. It was good to see them all together but i did feel sad at how they had all aged. Must be so weird being on top of the world and then having the rug pulled from you and returning to somewhat normality.

However, nothing really new was revealed in the way of information. I kinda think they could make a new series at some point though, i mean technically their kids would be at least 16 by now - it wouldn't be the same show, but i think it could work - i don't believe they ever will return though.

In one of the last season episodes, Emma (Ross and Rachel's baby) has her first birthday, and they make a video to show her on her 18th birthday. That episode aired on 23rd Oct, 2003. Which means that the 18th birthday in question would have happened in 2020...

19 minutes ago, RFT said:

In one of the last season episodes, Emma (Ross and Rachel's baby) has her first birthday, and they make a video to show her on her 18th birthday. That episode aired on 23rd Oct, 2003. Which means that the 18th birthday in question would have happened in 2020...

Ah yes, for some reason I was thinking of Chandle/Monicas Kids who they had in the last season. But yes pretty sure i saw the girl who played Emma celebrate her 18th birthday irl.

I think i'll have to give the show another watch, it's gotta be at least 10 years since i rewatched it.

On 28/05/2021 at 06:46, SeanR said:

its why you hear about actors going for jobs where the film makerslooking for an X-type actor and they’re ACTUALLY the X in question, but they get turned down anyway.

or kenny Rogers coming third in a kenny Rogers lookalike competition.

First and second places were taken by Iain Connell and Biglime. 

1658677444_KenniesRogers.thumb.png.2619b06e68e9acf9e5d430990e8f7182.png

9 minutes ago, jonathanhoey said:

First and second places were taken by Iain Connell and Biglime. 

1658677444_KenniesRogers.thumb.png.2619b06e68e9acf9e5d430990e8f7182.png

Lewis Black did a piece on a Charlie Brooker Screenwipe episode where he attended an audition to play himself in a show that was based on his life and he didn't get it.  Like Everybody Loves Raymond or Louis CK the TV network took Lewis Black's life and his comedy to create a show then didn't think him right for the part.  Starts 3m 50s in 

2 minutes ago, Festoon said:

His section isn't that long, but every second with him is a hellish eternity.

Eughhhhh why him of all people?, when I think Friends, the last person I think of association is James Corden.

20 minutes ago, Festoon said:

The producer is a pal of his, according to Boyd Hilton.

I wouldn't mind so much if he was actually in the series at one time, but you're telling me they can't get someone bigger than James Cordon who appeared in the show to do his part?. Heck, Aisha Taylor would have been perfect, she's a great host on Whose Line is it anyway, and she was in the show too.

Rant over.

5 hours ago, dumpster said:

Lewis Black did a piece on a Charlie Brooker Screenwipe episode where he attended an audition to play himself in a show that was based on his life and he didn't get it.  Like Everybody Loves Raymond or Louis CK the TV network took Lewis Black's life and his comedy to create a show then didn't think him right for the part.  Starts 3m 50s in 

2 hours ago, carlospie said:

I feel so old now having watched the reunion. Really hits home how much time has passed in life.

I was feeling a bit smug thinking how I don’t feel I look as ravaged by time as the male actors now. Then realised they’re actually about 10 years older and that’s what awaits…apart from the surgery or Botox. 

Ross looked a lot like those old lads who go to Turkey on their holidays and come back with a new set of teeth, a sewn in jet black syrup and a face full of fillers. 

Also, I watched Anniston in We're the Millers and thought she was great. She's got comedy chops and seems a good sport to me. More of that if you please.

On 28/05/2021 at 13:35, ravnaz said:

Ever so slightly off topic - Where can I find Episodes?  Doesn't appear to be on (UK) Netflix.

It's gone! I watched it recently and wanted to again. Can't get it on Blu-ray either. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, krenzler said:

So having just binged all 10 seasons on hbo I’m feeling withdrawal anxiety - what other show comes closest to this ones mix of wit and warmth? 

Still Game.

33 minutes ago, krenzler said:

Never heard of this - interesting. I don't have Netflix though ("only" D+, HBO, Prime and A-TV+). But thanks for the recommendation.

All 9 series are on BBC iplayer too.