PC games now support DualSense haptics etc.

• Sarlaccfood changed the title to PC games now support DualSense haptics etc.
4 minutes ago, AlexM said:

I’m tempted to splash out £3.99 on the epic store just to give it a go. 

It’s ok. Needs to wired via usb-c though. The gun feedback is good, some of the rumble effects from the surrounding environment are odd.

metro exodus with ray tracing at 4K/80fps is pretty special.

1 hour ago, footle said:

It’s ok. Needs to wired via usb-c though. The gun feedback is good, some of the rumble effects from the surrounding environment are odd.

metro exodus with ray tracing at 4K/80fps is pretty special.

Purchased. At £3.99 even if it's a few minutes of 'ooh, pretty' I haven't lost much - never played a Metro game despite owning the first two on multiple platforms (from 'free' offers, rather than purchases).

8 hours ago, AlexM said:

Purchased. At £3.99 even if it's a few minutes of 'ooh, pretty' I haven't lost much - never played a Metro game despite owning the first two on multiple platforms (from 'free' offers, rather than purchases).

I’ve got further than normal. Can’t remember if I’ve played the first five minutes of this one before (it was very familiar, but it would have not been on PC). But once out of the tunnels there was a certain amount more bombast that I remember.

I use my Bone Elite pad for everything apart from FFXIV (years of FFXI PS2 pad muscle memory) which has broken the back of 3 DS4's. I wonder if SE will port the Dual Sense haptics from the PS5 version to the PC (I think I already know the answer to this... :()

Had a Dualsense delivered this afternoon. Really not a fan of the non flush edges between the white and black sections on the hand holds. DS4 winning in the comfort stakes easily so far.

2 hours ago, layten said:

Had a Dualsense delivered this afternoon. Really not a fan of the non flush edges between the white and black sections on the hand holds. DS4 winning in the comfort stakes easily so far.

As with many things it’s user preference. I struggled to go back to my DS4 after using the DualSense and now only use it for PS VR games, before that though I found the DS4 very comfortable. The Xbox One pad is still my go-to for PC gaming, it just works..

On 23/05/2021 at 04:40, Sarlaccfood said:

Thought this was a bit interesting (first of more to come I imagine): 

PC gamers living that Gamepass-with-Haptics high life.

(bastards)

Better turn that shit off if it means missing a shot. 🤣

Hoping that the Dualsense would get support on the PC.

It's one element that makes the PS5 unique. Hope it gets universal support on PC games in the way of an option when a Dualsense is detected.

Guessing PS5 builds won't be dissimilar to PC ones so should be easyish to implement in the PC.

Keeping an eye on this and might order myself a Dualsense for the PC.

I wonder how long it’ll be before MS officially supports the Dualsense haptics with the PC versions of their old games? Followed by making their own pad with haptics for the Xbox...

6 minutes ago, Malc said:

I wonder how long it’ll be before MS officially supports the Dualsense haptics with the PC versions of their old games? Followed by making their own pad with haptics for the Xbox...

Not sure about haptics on the Xbox pad as it would mean a deviation from the standard setup although it's been done before PlayStation pad for rumble and analogue sticks added through it's life.

I expect they may test it out on the PC games though who knows. Looking forward to seeing how the third party games implement support for it on the PC. Although the Xbox pad seems more of a standard on the PC. Saying that Steam supports lots of controllers so expect Dualsense will become another option with it's triggers etc supported.

Save me buying a PS5 to have a tinker anyway.... :)