IGNORED

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown - PS4 Exclusive, Out Now as Part of PS+ June/July 2021.

Kayin Amoh

If it's true that it's going straight on PS+ it might actually be an uncharacteristically savvy move from Sega. A way of getting the brand back out there to a massive amount of people without a crazy amount of development cost. If that's how they're going about things it makes me more confident that they're testing the waters and thinking about further possibilities depending on how it's received.

Admittedly it is still a bit 'Sega lol' that after teasing it over a year ago and having it leaked months ago the big reveal is a 15 year-old game limited to PS4 but eh, I'm just happy to finally see it.

If it's well received and they do go with a full VF6, having AM2 take care of the gameplay leaving RGG free to tackle character stories, stages and the like, that could be an excellent way of utilizing both teams. You can see from the small snippets of stages that Jackie's stage looks straight out a Yakuza game now. The arena looks way better too.

There should be a quest mode in it where you can play Yakuza in the arcade 😅

1 hour ago, Rsdio said:

If it's true that it's going straight on PS+ it might actually be an uncharacteristically savvy move from Sega. A way of getting the brand back out there to a massive amount of people without a crazy amount of development cost. If that's how they're going about things it makes me more confident that they're testing the waters and thinking about further possibilities depending on how it's received.

Admittedly it is still a bit 'Sega lol' that after teasing it over a year ago and having it leaked months ago the big reveal is a 15 year-old game limited to PS4 but eh, I'm just happy to finally see it.

They released VF5 Final Showdown straight onto PS+. Admittedly a lot less people had PS+ back then.

3 hours ago, Rsdio said:

Just thinking about this, it could well be in Sony’s plan to have this on PS+

They just bought the Evo brand, and now they’ve gonna have VF exclusive on their system potentially for free. What better way to get a load of people involved and practicing than having it free in their system.

If it is free it also means online should be buzzing with activity, which is super cool.

Ive just got to remember how to play the thing now!

52 minutes ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

I hope they’re including all the custom clothing and DLC from VF5:FS in this. Everything shown so far are just the vanilla outfits, aren’t they?

Yeah. I know they’ve remade it in a different engine and all but if I can’t be sexy pink power ranger taka then what’s the point. 

Maybe they are going to put it on psn plus and then gacha the hell out of it with dlc. I’d be alright with that. 

16 hours ago, Singho said:

Man, this is cool.  Although I remember getting absolutely clapped by @Goemon and @Kayin Amoh at this. lol

I can't remember which of you two used to play Goh or Kage.

Good fun though, be nice to get back into this.

I know the pain of getting biffed by @Goemon at fighting games...

Dude is a beast! 

I have never really played VF myself but heard it’s essentially Rock Paper Scissors at its very core, so sounds awesome to me. 

Jacky is a great choice. Great set of tools and his more advanced stuff can be added piece meal over time. 

Lau is another good choice. High damage, not much in the way of serious execution. Incredibly fun, has some stuff that could maybe lead to bad habits. 

if you want a character to actually learn the game system with I highly recommend Goh. He’s not as intuitive to play but he has all the tools and doesn’t have much in the way of strings, which I find helps with learning the rhythm of VF. He’s a great character for learning why you’re doing what you’re doing and why it is or isn’t working. 

Honestly though the whole cast is great and very viable at any skill level. Even akira’s execution stuff has been massively overrated for a good few versions now. Shun and Lei maybe have a bit more upfront memorisation but even then I’d say pick shun if you think drunken Kung fu is cool. 

13 hours ago, Faded said:

I was really hoping for pc. 🤥

Yep - Especially considering the recent ports of Dragon Engine games to PC, and the fact there's a fully functioning port of VF5:FS in the Yakuza games, it just smacks as a last-minute exclusivity deal. Similar situation to PSO2, which had mentionings of Steam all over the player documentation before it got shoehorned into the Windows Store environment. It'll probably show up elsewhere in 6-12 months.

8 minutes ago, Siri said:

It'll probably show up elsewhere in 6-12 months.

Here’s hoping. Once it’s on steam I’ll always be able to get a game without having to fiddle with some parsec/emulation nonsense. I do not have the time. 

if you include vanilla I’ve purchased vf5 five different times since that original ps3 exclusive one. Few more won’t hurt. 

19 hours ago, Singho said:

Man, this is cool.  Although I remember getting absolutely clapped by @Goemon and @Kayin Amoh at this. lol

I can't remember which of you two used to play Goh or Kage.

Good fun though, be nice to get back into this.

I'm still amazed by that custom Akira you had! :lol:

(I was mainly Akira and Vanessa, with the occasional Goh)

So, the real question is: will my PS4 Venom arcade stick work with the PS5?

I mean, I'll be terrible either way, not having played VFV since the 360, but I want to know if I'll only have myself to blame, or if I can use the Dualsense as an excuse.

3 minutes ago, Wiper said:

So, the real question is: will my PS4 Venom arcade stick work with the PS5?

I mean, I'll be terrible either way, not having played VFV since the 360, but I want to know if I'll only have myself to blame, or if I can use the Dualsense as an excuse.

My PS4 hori rap works on the PS5