IGNORED

Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

disperse and recoagulate

It does that thing that was a criminal offence back in 96 of being a pub shirt first and football kit second. If England wear the Blue shirt in the semi or final they will definitely lose. 

After the grey kit loss of 96 there was an implicit agreement that all England away kits for ever more would be Red to appease the vengeful gods of football. At a push, dark blue third kits are acceptable but should never be worn in a tournament. 

I’m only semi-joking. 

19 hours ago, artz said:

I'm having flashbacks to the "Olé"s last night. Reckon Spain will beat Italy, we best Denmark, then the Spanish spank us in the final for taking the piss.

Olé!

I think England will turn over Spain, though I can't say the same about Italy. They look too strong and dominant in literally every area. 

I'm not ready to write off Spain yet, personally. Spinazzola is a huge loss for Italy and it'll surely have a knock on effect on Insigne's play too, as they had been dovetailing very nicely. If Morata has one of those days where he *can* hit a cow's arse with a banjo then they could cause Italy some problems.

England can absolutely beat any of the other 3 teams left in the tournament.  That's why it's so tantalising.  The thing, as this stage, if we're not on top of our game, we are also capable of losing to any of them as well!!

Home advantage really will help us as well, particularly if we start well - fans will respond accordingly.

Where's the current rules on who wears what in which tie?  I was surprised that England were wearing white against Ukraine's yellow because I thought that both counted as "light" kits.  Then again, maybe the rules aren't as stringent as FIFA's a couple of World Cups ago.

England is surely going to have to wear blue, considering both of Denmark's kits have significant amounts of white?  Just looking back England did play in blue recently, back in October, while Denmark played in their all-white away strip.

They mentioned on Football Weekly that UEFA has tried to make teams wear contrasting kits to help colour blind fans. It’s why Italy played in white against Belgium when they could have played in blue.

I thought England were contractually obliged to wear their away kit at least once during a tournament but if they haven’t yet maybe they won’t. Denmark could wear their red shirt and England in white on Wednesday.

16 minutes ago, ryodi said:

They mentioned on Football Weekly that UEFA has tried to make teams wear contrasting kits to help colour blind fans. It’s why Italy played in white against Belgium when they could have played in blue.

I thought that was a rule too, so I wondered why England played in white against Ukraine's yellow.

16 minutes ago, ryodi said:

I thought England were contractually obliged to wear their away kit at least once during a tournament but if they haven’t yet maybe they won’t. Denmark could wear their red shirt and England in white on Wednesday.

16 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

Denmark have an all-red third kit, I think so that's an option.

I don't even know the rules any more though. You'd think it'd be an easy thing, but apparently not.

I didn't know Denmark had a third kit, although that said I think they do need an all-red option cos the other two shirts are too similar colour-wise when playing against a team that plays in white IMO.

Speaking of third kits, I swear there was a club team (or maybe a country team) that wore a one-off never-to-be-seen-again not-sold-as-a-replica kit recently, because both of their kits clashed with the opposition's.

Don't worry, it's just a personal thing, was wondering which of my old shirts to wear for Wednesday's game - I wore a traditional red away one for the game on Saturday and only realised that England's current away kit was actually blue hours before the game, and in the end they played in their usual white kit anyway :D 

EDIT: Found the rules, BTW.  Page 46.  Not a lot - basically home team chooses first, teams may be asked to mix and match home and away kits (presumably shorts and socks) but if ref reckons the colours chosen by both teams will clash then it's the home team that will have to change again.  Nothing in depth though.

Napoli, and CA Kimberley of Argentina. They needed to avoid kit clashes in the World Cups those years and misplaced or forgot their second kit.  

I can't speak to the leanings of the clubs at the time but the countries sure were heavily into the whole dictatorship thing. 

22 minutes ago, The Fox said:

Are the papers saying anything about the predicted XI for tomorrow yet? Just wondering if we'll revert to the tactics used against Germany, seeing as Denmark will probably play the same 3-4-3 as they did.

Leaked, not predicted!

Pretty sure the leaks have been coming out the evening before the previous games?

I think they'll revert to a 3-4-3 to help cut off the effectiveness of the Danish wingbacks who've been pretty decent all tournament. 

I'd also focus pressing Denmark as high up as the pitch to put Schmeichel under pressure with his kicking. He's not the best. 

5 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I think they'll revert to a 3-4-3 to help cut off the effectiveness of the Danish wingbacks who've been pretty decent all tournament. 

I'd also focus pressing Denmark as high up as the pitch to put Schmeichel under pressure with his kicking. He's not the best. 

I think Schmeichel might put that spiderman-pointing-at-spiderman gif up if he reads that.

I reckon it'll be the same as the team they put out for Germany.

11 minutes ago, Minion said:

Spain are fucked. Italy do everything better. The only way they win is getting lucky.

Spain have been the better side this opening 15. 

Just now, Ry said:

Spain have been the better side this opening 15. 

Yeah definitely keeping the ball and passing it well but Italy defend better and we lack decent strong strikers so we can have all the play we want but it'll matter none if Italy convert one or two of their inevitable chances.

2 minutes ago, Minion said:

That's the second time our keeper has been caught well out of position.

It’s just bizarre. You’re playing without a striker. And a goalkeeper who seems to want to be a right back.