Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

And Rashfords was the only one off target out of those from England that didn't score.

Fuck, I could have done with that win England ☹️ these last few years, months and weeks have been fucking hard, this tournament has kept me, at least, reasonably distracted

I think England can be proud of what they've done, I just think when they sit down and review the final they are going to feel they didnt leave everything on the pitch, and Southgate will probably (privately at least) feel he got it wrong once Italy started to get into it before half time. 

5 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

This

And Saka isn't some

scared is pulled from under the stage to perform.

He plays at the highest level in England.   There is no issue in him being picked to take a penalty - if he wasn't up to it then he would have declined. He was Brave enough to step up, but Southgate wasn't in the wrong to let him take one. 

Hes brave as fuck. I used to get the sweats being the last squad member alive in Fortnite in a one on one and thst doesnt even count for shit. 

Just now, SimonG said:

When are people going to realise that Kane really is not a big game player…

Goes missing in the CL final, goes missing in the Cup final a few weeks ago against City, goes missing tonight. :( 

I agree he's never at his best for finals but i thought he was sharper on the ball tonight. He did a cruyff turn early on that to me at least showed a sharpness above his earlier tournament form. 

I can't remember one shot from him from 25 yards all tournament though and given he's one of the best at that i can't say he's been anywhere near his best. I think the moment to win this game (doing it in this no football way) was that moment in the first half near the end where Shaw fought off the defender then drilled in a cross when Mount couldn't get on the end of it and it passed him to no one. Given Shaw spent about 15 seconds falling over, getting back up, then dribbling before crossing, that Kane couldn't get into the box is disappointing.

2 minutes ago, squirtle said:

Fair enough. Take pleasure in your victory with a bit of decorum, then. 

Nah I'm good, thanks. Moment national anthem was booed I thought fuck it.

Italy deserved it. They've been the best team in the tournament. We didn't do much in normal time after the 30 minute mark, and that's on the manager. He's too defensive, he refuses to use subs and clearly has players he favours too much.

Penalties are what they are. Saka shouldn't have been on the pitch to take one, he'd had a mare, but that's neither here nor there, the game should have been won before then.

2 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Please point to who in this thread is responsible for that?

It was a joke, it's the media that's insufferable, this thread has been generally self deprecating and wasn't getting ahead of itself for the most part.

For what it's worth they have been impressive this tournament and I honestly thought they'd go all the way. It's a horrible way to lose it. 

• gospvg changed the title to Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy
3 minutes ago, Festoon said:

Panel already turning on Southgate.

Worst manager ever tomorrow, weakened by kneeling and Marxism. Need a team of good white English boys, etc. Disgusting.

Have you never watched football?

Questions always asked by pundits and (decent) press after every defeat.

And some very valid ones this time. England sat back and lost their flow. 

England are the best collection of players in an international team in the world for me. They have to use this to come back stronger.

Similar to Liverpool after losing to Madrid and then missing out on the title by a point.

England could win the world cup with this group 

Just now, bradigor said:

England are the best collection of players in an international team in the world for me. They have to use this to come back stronger.

Similar to Liverpool after losing to Madrid and then missing out on the title by a point.

England could win the world cup with this group 

I don't think they will with Southgate in charge. 

1 minute ago, Plissken said:

If you had offered me losing in a final before the tournament I’d have snapped your hand off. Fuck the haters, proud of the team, from manager to all 26 players. It’s been a shit year and a bit, they have brought some joy and pride.

Worth also remembering what an awful year Italy had as well.  This will mean a lot to them in the same way it could’ve us.