Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

I do always give a bit of side-eye when people praise Southgate, because just like the World Cup, whenever his England side comes up against anybody half decent, they look pretty average at best. 1 shot on target is awful. 

So much negativity! England haven't been at their best, but they've been clearly the better team. Defensive panic has gifted Scotland three good chances, but England have had a few of their own. A draw sees England all but through.

I mean, people will say how well Scotland have played, but have they actually had to do much? I don't think they've upped their game since Monday, in that game they were just punished by better finishing. Today they haven't had much trouble containing our largely ineffectual front line. 

Scotland have been organised and worked their socks off. They had 9 players in the box for the last couple of minutes.

England have not been anywhere near shit , they just haven’t been good enough to regularly break them down.

I thought it was a pretty entertaining 0-0 derby game.

3 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

So much negativity! England haven't been at their best, but they've been clearly the better team. Defensive panic has gifted Scotland three good chances, but England have had a few of their own. A draw sees England all but through.

England have been sluggish with very little forward drive, Southgate has been far too conservative, Kane should have gone off earlier, Foden should have stayed on, Scotland looked more dangerous when attacking as England seemed afraid of putting men or the ball into the box

4 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

On what basis are you saying England were the better team? Again, 1 shot on target, at home. How is that anything other than poor? 

England ending up top of the group would be a disaster anyway. Any decent team will beat us. Best sneak through on the easy side of the draw like in the World Cup.

Well done Scotland.

Maybe it’s my claret and blue glasses but I feel we didn’t use Grealish enough after he came on. Every time he got the ball he at least made something happen but we seemed to attack down the right constantly. 

Some times a team needs a ropey performance for the manager to find his best team. Biggest issue for me is we didn’t stretch the play at all. Everything was through the middle. God knows what Sancho has done to not get on the pitch.