IGNORED

Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

disperse and recoagulate

Netherlands seem to be doing an impression of early 2000s Arsenal as they try in vain to pass the ball into the net. They've scored one from an excellent piece of breakaway play, but otherwise they've been their own worst enemy. Instead of choosing to take a good shooting opportunity or easy pass, they're going for the needlessly flashy option that never works.

7 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Won't all the Scotland players (and potentially the England team) have to isolate too?

And as has been said before, UEFA need to tell every team that players need to stop spitting on the fucking pitch! It's a disgusting habit anyway but especially stupid in the current climate.

6 hours ago, Smoothy said:

No.  Rules for elite sports aren't the same as for the general public, but before you ask it was all agreed with the competition owners and the various governments as valid conditions for running the competitions again.  For example this is what was agreed for elite sports in England and Wales

In general, elite sports participants are tested multiple times as a matter of routine, so groups aren't needed to isolate unless needed.

6 hours ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Fair enough Muff

4 hours ago, Hamus said:

It's surprising no one else has been hit with this also? Surely others in the camp should be isolating now too?

4 hours ago, Smoothy said:

Nope.  LIke I said earlier, elite sports don't have the same rules as the general public, and in general are thoroughly tested far more.

Then again...

england.thumb.jpg.4729a9bc6202a3a17b8dbb31b63e443c.jpg

The best thing about the Ukraine v Austria game is that Ukraine have a centreback called Matvienko and every time he gets the ball I can't stop singing Wap Bam Boogie. 

I say 'best thing' but it's driving my wife nuts. Kept me entertained for the best part of 90 minutes. Simple pleasures.

2 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

The best thing about the Ukraine v Austria game is that Ukraine have a centreback called Matvienko and every time he gets the ball I can't stop singing Wap Bam Boogie. 

I say 'best thing' but it's driving my wife nuts. Kept me entertained for the best part of 90 minutes. Simple pleasures.

I've been listening to the game on the radio and I honestly believed that he was called Matt Bianco and I've been humming Get Out Your Lazy Bed to myself the whole second half.

2 hours ago, Fry Crayola said:

And it has Emma Hayes on commentary, so it's the best of all worlds.

I see Hayes has been mentioned a few times as the best co-commentator, but why is that? I've only heard snippets of her here and there over a few games (and when she was in the studio) but I haven't heard anything that you don't get from any others, certainly no special tactical insight (which somebody mentioned upthread)?

3 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I see Hayes has been mentioned a few times as the best co-commentator, but why is that? I've only heard snippets of her here and there over a few games (and when she was in the studio) but I haven't heard anything that you don't get from any others, certainly no special tactical insight (which somebody mentioned upthread)?

She's been a co-commentator on a couple of games that I've watched and I was impressed by the level of tactical analysis she was doing during the game. Beyond just using the term 'transitions' she was explaining what this meant for the teams and how it was it impacting on individual players and their performances. I think it was a Poland game where she was explaining why they were ineffective and suggested how that could be changed; about 5 minutes later the manager did exactly what she had suggested. She seems a bit more proactive and less reactionary than a lot of the other commentators. She doesn't just tell you what you've already seen but offers some insight as to why teams are playing the way they are and what can be done to change things. 

1 hour ago, Ork1927 said:

Are UEFA deciding on the rules/testing for this or is it up to each country to self regulate as that could get messy depending on which country, which player, which game is coming up?

It's UEFA's competition so they'd be leading, but the rules wouldn't have been created in a vacuum, they would have agreed the basic rules in consultation with the nations participating in all competitions way back in the first half of last year.  It wouldn't have been a new thing either - the Champions League and the Europa Cup is a cross-nation competition as well.  Look up "Project Restart" and UEFA's "Return to play" protocol (RTP protocol PDF).

3 hours ago, deerokus said:

Mount was in Gilmour's pocket the whole game, definitely close contact. 

Also note those 2 (and Chilwell) are club colleagues so it might be that too.

1 hour ago, Stopharage said:

She's been a co-commentator on a couple of games that I've watched and I was impressed by the level of tactical analysis she was doing during the game. Beyond just using the term 'transitions' she was explaining what this meant for the teams and how it was it impacting on individual players and their performances. I think it was a Poland game where she was explaining why they were ineffective and suggested how that could be changed; about 5 minutes later the manager did exactly what she had suggested. She seems a bit more proactive and less reactionary than a lot of the other commentators. She doesn't just tell you what you've already seen but offers some insight as to why teams are playing the way they are and what can be done to change things. 

Almost like she's a current top level professional manager or something isn't it?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but now that there are 2 groups with 3rd place teams on 3 points that must mean England are guaranteed to qualify with 4 points as only Scotland or Croatia could get to 4. Also any win for Scotland would be good enough for them