IGNORED

Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

disperse and recoagulate

Tactically speaking, I think we need to switch from 4-3-3 to 3-4-3 with the same personnel as last match (except Grealish for Mount), just swapping the midfield and the defence. This will give us high tackling ability in midfield to dominate the centre, as well as a creative back line to help with passing out from the back. Also, as we're at home, we should hide the decent pad and give the Czechs the dodgy Madcatz one with the squiffy stick.

Yeah, I was going to post something but @Pants McSkill has illustrated it very well there. 

If I know you @Loik V credern though, a pretty diamond with nothing up front would be your dream way of playing.  :P

I think there's some merit in Foden as a front nine at some point in his career, but if you suddenly did it now, it absolutely wouldn't work - not just for the tactical reasons, but also the fact that Foden hasn't played it before and would therefore be completely unfamiliar with the role.  The players around him would also be unfamiliar with the system.

3 hours ago, Bucky said:

He's such a sleazy maniac.  And a general disgrace.  Time to Liverpool fans rushing in to defend this piece of work in 3...2...

Can't stand him.  I'm not sure if I am in a minority or what but I have never been a fan and he's really the exact opposite of so much of what the club is about.

I was so appalled with the way club and fans handled the Evra/Suarez racism thing I stopped watching football for years. I've kind of never really got properly back into it. I don't really have any residual animus towards Suarez so perhaps I've lost the football fan's ability to hold lengthy grudges.

I'd be surprised if there were many changes for the game tonight purely because I don't really think that's Southgate's style. Plus I guess you want the core of the team building some kind of rapport on the pitch, which you don't get with loads of changes to personnel.

I'm not confident tonight at all. Booked a day off tomorrow as I'm off to the pub soon. 

I can't be arsed going to the pub but feel I might as well get pished since I'm off. Maybe it's just nerves again. 

I'm looking forward to getting home and playing Tokyo Olympics online than I am the fitba. 

Just now, Ry said:

I'm not confident tonight at all. Booked a day off tomorrow as I'm off to the pub soon. 

I can't be arsed going to the pub but feel I might as well get pished since I'm off. Maybe it's just nerves again. 

I'm looking forward to getting home and playing Tokyo Olympics online than I am the fitba. 

At least its simple, win or fuck off home. 

What happened to your BKFC thread?

1 minute ago, McFly said:

At least its simple, win or fuck off home. 

What happened to your BKFC thread?

I hid it for now until I get more info regarding time frames. 

I'm considering saying no anyway as my back issues have flared up big time. 

2 minutes ago, Ry said:

I hid it for now until I get more info regarding time frames. 

I'm considering saying no anyway as my back issues have flared up big time. 

Ah OK, it's serious thing that could alter your life afterwards, so if you're not all in best to say "no". My dad's friend and business partner died after hitting his head so anything can happen.

The UEFA ticketing website is an absolute mess. I tried to order tickets for the Wales v Denmark game via my mobile. After several freezes I manage to add a ticket to my basket and get through to the payments screen. Insert my details, click enter, and receive a message stating payment failed. Ran home, and tried to order again on a computer. After the website freezing on several occasions. Success. Then I realise that I’ve got two purchase confirmation emails in my email inbox. Looks like both went through...

Anyhow there’ll be at least one Welshman in the stands at the Johan Cruyff arena on Saturday :) 

40 minutes ago, McFly said:

Ah OK, it's serious thing that could alter your life afterwards, so if you're not all in best to say "no". My dad's friend and business partner died after hitting his head so anything can happen.

Yeah. I'm not a young man anymore. The heart is there but the aches and ailments I have are a hindrance (also I'm not sure I would get passed due to my macular degeneration. I have constant double vision. A doctor wouldn't give me a pass for an amateur fight 5 years ago because of it) 

46 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

On a tangent to that, I love the logo for the Johan Cruyff Arena:

image.png.91064f8bfca856691895377d8b2950e2.png

Specifically, I love that the IJ in the Dutch version of his surname easily passes as a Y. 

For all I know that's some standard Dutch typography practice but I suspect not.

It is: http://hannadonker.nl/index.php?/ongoing/dutch-ijij/

It used to be quite common to interchange ij, the combination of both letters as above and the y in Dutch writing and it can still be done, but most names and words that use this diphtong have an established way of writing nowadays. It also results in some weirdness. To keep it football related, the football club Feyenoord gets it name from the part of Rotterdam they are based, Feijenoord, and play in Stadion Feijenoord (better known as 'De Kuip' (the Tub)) that has a huge sign on it that states 'Feyenoord'. So yeah, Dutch.

The big issue for Scotland is who plays in midfield. We have a lot of fairly good players available in that area so I'd rather someone like Armstrong or Turnbull just come straight in as a fairly direct replacement. Not as good but it means everyone else just does what they did against England more or less. 

But I fear Clarke will move McTominay into midfield instead and bring Hendry into the back 3 which gives me the fear. 

2 hours ago, Ry said:

You might want to put some kind of waterproof tarp or something over your Xbox, just in case.  ;)

Spoiler

Regarding the bare-knuckle fighting thing, it's none of my business, but I'm personally glad to see that you are having second thoughts. I was pretty alarmed reading your thread about it. It's such a dangerous thing to do, and could so easily have life-changing (or indeed ending) consequences. I don't really know anything about it really, so you can dismiss anything I say by all means, of course. I speak from a position of ignorance, but concern for the welfare of a fellow forumite. Even if you come through okay, what if your opponent ends up blind, or brain damaged, or dead? Could you get over that? I daresay you've already thought of all this, and I apologise if my unsolicited hand-wringing is unwelcome. It comes from a genuine place of not wanting a forumite to come to harm.

Anyway, good luck Scotland!  I hope that after all the bad luck you have been storing up over the years on the football pitch, that this is the night when it all evens up.

34 minutes ago, Mike1812 said:

The full backs should be pushing forward and crossing, like every club team do. 

I know they do, but, I just miss proper wingers, with over lapping fullbacks whipping it in for 2 forwards. It was exciting football, before we all adopted the continental style.