Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

disperse and recoagulate

9 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Already it's obvious that Saka and Grealish need to be promoted to starters for the rest of the tournament, I'd say.  In a very unenglish style, they both seem intent on actually Doing Stuff.

Kane was unlucky there, but even then, you could tell from the way he dragged himself up off the turf that there's something up with him.

I'd like to see Saka, Grealish, Foden and Phillips start the next match.

I've no idea how Southgate would make that work but fuck it, let's go all out!

1 minute ago, wev said:

I'd like to see Saka, Grealish, Foden and Phillips start the next match.

I've no idea how Southgate would make that work but fuck it, let's go all out!

So Foden in for Sterling?  I'm not sure. I think the first two games has shown that, for all his ability, Foden doesn't quite fit into this England team yet. He's used to be playing in the best club team in world football, with all those great players around him, but for England he looks a bit frustrated, and is struggling to find his place in a very different, much more conservative system than he's used to.  I think Mount and Sterling are ahead of him right now, as frustrating as Sterling can be to watch.

YES Scotland!

3 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

So Foden in for Sterling?  I'm not sure. I think the first two games has shown that, for all his ability, Foden doesn't quite fit into this England team yet. He's used to be playing in the best club team in world football, with all those great players around him, but for England he looks a bit frustrated, and is struggling to find his place in a very different, much more conservative system than he's used to.  I think Mount and Sterling are ahead of him right now, as frustrating as Sterling can be to watch.

YES Scotland!

I mean drop Rice, or Phillips, England only need one of them on the pitch as they've looked better  when they've been stretching teams.

It probably wouldn't work, there's a reason I'm shit at Football Manager.

I don’t think Rice and Phillips turn the ball over that much, but they do block the lanes well. I guess if someone else was willing to do that then you could drop one for Foden or Mount to accommodate Saka and Grealish. Or is that too many players? God knows.

I think Saka may have surprised people today. No-one has been watching Arsenal for a couple of years as we’re shit, but he does this every game. The sky is the limit for him as he’s got everything.

Grealish is a bit good. He has a lovely, quick touch and is moving the ball well pretty much every time he gets it. All I want him to do differently is to try a shot the next time he’s in a good position near the box. I want to see if he can place it in the corner!

5 minutes ago, Blunted said:

Jesus Christ it's stressful being a Scotland fan.

Despite the goal, we need to change something. Croatia totally in control of the midfield. 

Armstrong and O'Donnell are having awful games. Might as well put Forrest on for the latter, going to be counter attacking chances this half. 

5 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

Grealish is a bit good. He has a lovely, quick touch and is moving the ball well pretty much every time he gets it. All I want him to do differently is to try a shot the next time he’s in a good position near the box. I want to see if he can place it in the corner!

He can.

16 minutes ago, Starbreaker said:

Christ this ITV commentary is beyond awful. 

"Nodbody is paying attention! Offside flag is up anyway. And you know....I *think* Raheem Sterling may have known that..."

NO SHIT GENIUS 

also how long it took him to understand the ref giving a drop ball after getting in the way. It’s worse than random man in a pub understanding of what’s going on.