IGNORED

Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

disperse and recoagulate

1 minute ago, Gabe said:

I know many have decried the 24-team format, but every last group match has had something riding on it, hasn't it?

yeah but only by artificial means because even a team that hadn't won a match and hadn't scored still had a chance to go thru.

5 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Now they've used them all up.

Thing is, sure they started slow and didn't score many - they've been solid. They have some very very good players.

It seems that if England can't score for toffee we are quick to defend them and 'it's Tournament football' where as Spain with solidity and likely a really good base to go far in a tournament - how are they different?

I posted as they'd missed a penalty and yet there was still a feel they'd go on from that. They should have had 5.

*EDIT*

Turned on ITV hub again. Ha! Six...

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

I know many have decried the 24-team format, but every last group match has had something riding on it, hasn't it?

Netherlands - North Macedonia had nothing riding on it, as the Dutch were assured of first place and the Macedonians were guaranteed bottom.

A side effect of producing fewer dead rubbers in the final match is the reduction in importance placed on earlier matches due to the larger safety net, while there's more chance of a team having already qualified after two games and thus reducing the stakes down to placing, rather than elimination.

Germany as bad as they were in the first game, just no real cutting edge to their attack. They're a shadow of the thrilling team from the 2010-14 era. 

I hope they humiliate the HUN and I expect they will, but man, huge improvement needed to do anything in this tournament.