IGNORED

Euro 2020 - Congrats Italy

2 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Game is restarting at 7.30pm. Surprised by that. 

Well I like that. Only because I’d say there is no way they’d do that if he was in danger.

Seems strange to resume the match. I would have assumed even if he is stable that the next 24 hours are critical. To be honest the game is not important at all in the bigger context.

The players probably just want to complete the match. If they don't do it today they'll have to come back tomorrow and finish it before the first game of the day starts. 

Just now, Marlowe said:

Anyone know if the resumed match is being broadcast? No sign of BBC channels putting it back on. 

they just interrupted celebrity hitlist 

it’s on bbc1 now 

I know it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but are Denmark allowed to call another player up? I recall during the Wales match the commentator saying they have squads of 26 but can only have 23 of those available on a match day, is that for circumstances such as this?

6 minutes ago, wev said:

I know it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but are Denmark allowed to call another player up? I recall during the Wales match the commentator saying they have squads of 26 but can only have 23 of those available on a match day, is that for circumstances such as this?

Yes. Messi is on his way. 

11 minutes ago, wev said:

They have a pool of 26 but are allowed to name 23 for each match. 

5 minutes ago, neoELITE said:

Yes. Messi is on his way. 

Not sure if I've said something out of order or what, but that's a weird response.

Just now, Stoppy2000 said:

They have a pool of 26 but are allowed to name 23 for each match. 

So, considering that's probably Erikson's tournament over, they've now got a pool of 25? Is this not a different set of circumstances to a player picking up an injury?

Just now, wev said:

So, considering that's probably Erikson's tournament over, they've now got a pool of 25? Is this not a different set of circumstances to a player picking up an injury?

I guess it is - but then where do you draw the line? I imagine in pure rules terms it is treated exactly like a tournament ending injury. 

30 minutes ago, SeanR said:

they just interrupted celebrity hitlist 

it’s on bbc1 now 

26 minutes ago, Azrael said:

That's it, another complaint from me! 

Thankfully. The male presenter saying "Guys" every 20 seconds is a right wind up

8 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

I guess it is - but then where do you draw the line? I imagine in pure rules terms it is treated exactly like a tournament ending injury. 

Oh Indeed, that's what I was trying to figure out.

1 hour ago, Calashnikov said:

Not that it means anything significant, but I find it crazy that his collapse wasn’t randomly off the ball elsewhere on the pitch. Pretty sure he was receiving a pass right at the moment he collapsed. That just added to the shock and bewilderment of it all.

1 hour ago, sprite said:

It’s like the exertion of that moment effort just did it.  Like he was just going and then.. down.

He was.  He made a pretty quick run into the box just beforehand, then slowed and ran back to the touchline.  He was actually collapsing/stumbling as he recieved the ball from a throw in and managed (unintentionally, no doubt) to knock the throw in back to his teammate.  I remember thinking he was just tripping over his own feet as he knee'd the ball accurately and I thought it was pretty clever.