IGNORED

Nintendo Switch OLED - who needs 4k, dat screen

Gotters

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

E3's not over yet!

Eurogamer said it’d be announced before E3 though.

Eurogamer haven’t been credible since Sonic 4 though.

4 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

It looks nice but did anyone really think “this is suspiciously beyond the Switch’s abilities”? In a world where Super Mario Odyssey was a launch title?

Was thinking the same thing. Went back and watched gameplay of the original, and I'm only seeing some minor (no different than any other sequel) visual upgrades. Maybe it's running at 240 fps or something. 

21 hours ago, Alex W. said:

This really is a blow to EG’s credibility on these rumours. As I mentioned before they have historically been very good at not posting rumours unless they are certain, and I can’t think of many (particularly in hardware) that didn’t pan out.

In fairness to EG, Nintendo hate leaks these days to such an extent that they absolutely will change their plans if something gets out about them. They've done it within the past 18 months (I am being deliberately vague, sorry). Basically ever since that big Pokemon leak a while back, they've been more protective than ever. If I had to guess it's that if they make it so the press turns out to be wrong enough times then they'll stop doing it. 

And Bloomberg reported it too, of course. I can't see them publishing something they can't stand up. 

8 minutes ago, Nate Dogg III said:

In fairness to EG, Nintendo hate leaks these days to such an extent that they absolutely will change their plans if something gets out about them. They've done it within the past 18 months (I am being deliberately vague, sorry). Basically ever since that big Pokemon leak a while back, they've been more protective than ever. If I had to guess it's that if they make it so the press turns out to be wrong enough times then they'll stop doing it. 

And Bloomberg reported it too, of course. I can't see them publishing something they can't stand up. 

It's such a weird quirk of the gaming industry.

Imagine if the film or TV was like this - cancelling / changing film release dates because production got leaked.

It really is strange how secretive gaming is compared to other cultural industries.

47 minutes ago, Hylian said:

I'm not even sure that original demo of Watch Dogs could run on a PS5. 

My thoughts exactly, it was more like, remember when Watch Dogs ended up looking nowhere near like what was promised in the demo.

I mean I’m not saying he’s wrong but people said the same about Monster Hunter Rise when that was first shown. 

And considering Sparks of Hope isn’t even out until *sometime* during 2022 it’s hardly going out on a limb saying it’ll be a Switch Pro title; and if you’re wrong everyone will have forgotten about it by then anyway. 

People have literally been predicting a Switch Pro announcement since the original model came out four years ago. 

44 minutes ago, Isaac said:

Imagine if the film or TV was like this - cancelling / changing film release dates because production got leaked.

It really is strange how secretive gaming is compared to other cultural industries.

They’re not cancelling or changing release dates though. They’re changing the announcement date of a piece of hardware or software.

11 hours ago, Alex W. said:

It looks nice but did anyone really think “this is suspiciously beyond the Switch’s abilities”? In a world where Super Mario Odyssey was a launch title?

Looked exactly like the first one to me.

This isn't a bad thing.

So the Switch Pro is out in November, this new Mario+Rabbids is next year. What big game is going to launch with the pro? BOTW2? Metroid 4? F-Zero lol?

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

It’s not so uncommon in tech, though. Apple has a whole program on leak spoiling, and the use of planted leaks containing particular details to trace them to specific companies and employees.

Thanks to Nate for confirming something that I would’ve thought was unlikely!

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

So the Switch Pro is out in November, this new Mario+Rabbids is next year. What big game is going to launch with the pro? BOTW2? Metroid 4? F-Zero lol?

NightbreedMovie_Amiga_000.gif.9a6561af1619745603f3db40e2ac6582.gif

8 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

I hated that game. I had it as a pack in from the Screen Gems bundle. 

It was impossible to play. Especially if you didn’t have instructions.

3 hours ago, deKay said:

Half Life 3 and Skyrim. 

5 hours ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Oh thank god nobody leaked Sparks of Hope then...

(And you might want to talk to John Gruber regarding Bloomberg... :P)

22 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Oh thank god nobody leaked Sparks of Hope then...

(And you might want to talk to John Gruber regarding Bloomberg... :P)

To be fair, M+R is Ubi, not Nintendo

1 minute ago, Super Stop and Shop said:

It's called a New Nintendo Switch. Looks like GameStop may have accidentally leaked it with this in trade-in value promo. Here's the link (I don't know how to post an image but I'll figure it out):

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/

image.thumb.jpeg.3b61e7716fc970a347ad99f9fce9f7b7.jpeg

• Gotters changed the title to Nintendo Switch OLED - who needs 4k, dat screen