IGNORED

Nintendo Switch OLED - who needs 4k, dat screen

Gotters

15 hours ago, Alex W. said:

It looks nice but did anyone really think “this is suspiciously beyond the Switch’s abilities”? In a world where Super Mario Odyssey was a launch title?

Super Mario Odyssey wasn’t a launch title.

43 minutes ago, deKay said:

Looks more like they mean a new one not a New one with that wording.

In that case New wouldn’t have been capitalised. I think this is going to be the real name just like the New 3DS was. 

2 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

In that case New wouldn’t have been capitalised. I think this is going to be the real name just like the New 3DS was. 

Not just once but twice. I suppose the author could have accidentally hit their caps lock key twice just as they were spelling out "New", though. Also, I think it's a better name than the Pro. I mean, it's not earth shattering or anything, but I don't know who exactly Nintendo would be trying to appeal to by making a "pro" version of the Nintendo Switch. 

Maybe I’m stretching a bit, “New Nintendo Switch” is basically the only plausible name I’ve heard after all.

Valid Nintendo Switch here to make you feel acknowledged tho.

1 hour ago, Super Stop and Shop said:

It's called a New Nintendo Switch. Looks like GameStop may have accidentally leaked it with this in trade-in value promo. Here's the link (I don't know how to post an image but I'll figure it out):

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/

Tricky, because the hardware doesn't look any different on the promo images.

4 minutes ago, Super Stop and Shop said:

Also, why would you trade in a Switch for a new (not New) Switch? Who the fuck does that? 

That isn’t one of the deals on the offer, you can only trade in a Switch Lite.

2 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

You can trade in a Switch (v1, v2). I suppose it makes sense if you're trying to pawn it for a Series S | X or a Lite, so my logic doesn't really hold up. 

20 minutes ago, Super Stop and Shop said:

Also, why would you trade in a Switch for a new (not New) Switch? Who the fuck does that? 

15 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Is this like a marketing Rorschach test? It's listing all possibilities. You wouldn't trade a Switch for a Switch, but you might trade a Switch for a Switch Lite, Xbox, or New Switch.

32 minutes ago, Super Stop and Shop said:

You can trade other stuff in for it.

We went through this ages ago but New Nintendo Switch, like New Super Mario and New 3DS, is bloody stupid naming.

17 minutes ago, deKay said:

We went through this ages ago but New Nintendo Switch, like New Super Mario and New 3DS, is bloody stupid naming.

New Super Mario sold to the tune of 30 million copies on both the Wii and DS, so it's easy to see why Nintendo has become so fond of the moniker. Adding the "New" to the Nintendo 3DS didn't exactly doom the 3DS either. 

Edit: I think it's worth mentioning that the name gets straight to the point in a way that something more abstract like the Wii U didn't.

• Gotters changed the title to Nintendo Switch OLED - who needs 4k, dat screen