Nintendo Switch OLED - who needs 4k, dat screen

Gotters

Mine's arriving tomorrow from Curry's!

I'm going away for a week, if I get lucky and it arrives before I leave will there be any issues if I play Metroid on it for a week and then transfer everything when I get back?

I already have a primary switch (kids lite) and a secondary switch (my current switch), can I log into a 3rd switch, will it just be another secondary?

1 hour ago, davidcotton said:

Thought it’d been mentioned that Amazon had it down for the 13th October?

Maybe they had it down, but it's listed as the 8th now. Some people are also getting dispatch emails from them so lord only knows what's going on. 

My Nintendo Store order also just says "Processing".

I have this vague memory that when I bought my 35th Anniversary Mario Game & Watch thing from them, the order page still showed "Processing" even after I had the thing in my hands. But I'm doubting myself and I'm worried this is just the evil part of my brain playing evil tricks on me. Evil.

2 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

How many of you are there sitting pressing f5 on the tracking page whilst still in possession of a perfectly fine switch?

Ah ha! I wouldn't be caught dead pressing f5. 

I'm gently sliding my finger down on the screen to refresh instead.

8 minutes ago, davidcotton said:

How many of you are there sitting pressing f5 on the tracking page whilst still in possession of a perfectly fine switch?

I wouldn’t be surprised if I got an email saying “yeah, we wanted to send today but our servers kept going down due to repeated refreshing and had to work on that instead”

So this transfer thingy. I have a switch with two accounts on - mine and "the boy". So this new switch I can download my stuff and plug in carts etc but if I want to use my save games I have to system transfer from the old switch?

Can I system transfer my user and leave his on that old switch?

Once I have transferred if we want to play on whichever switch is available are their cloud saves?

Will my downloaded games work on his switch? All games are bought on my account - I guess this is done by keeping my user ont he old switch? but we cant play same games at same time?

Hallelujah! A switch oled and metroid for £66.18!!

Edit: DISASTER! They've charged me for the hard pouch and metroid and missed the switch from the dispatched order. Thats why they billed me 66.18!!! Wtf!!!

Screenshot_20211007-194659_Chrome.jpg

15 minutes ago, grungekid said:

Hallelujah! A switch oled and metroid for £66.18!!

Edit: DISASTER! They've charged me for the hard pouch and metroid and missed the switch from the dispatched order. Thats why they billed me 66.18!!! Wtf!!!

Screenshot_20211007-194659_Chrome.jpg

In other bad news, the energy crisis claims another victim. 4%!

Just had an email to confirm that my backup collection order from Smyths is ready to pick up tomorrow.

Thankfully my Amazon order has been snapped up for a friend who want's one for the son's Christmas present. 

8 minutes ago, Paulando said:

@grungekid Oh no! 😭

More proof that the new store is garbage. Get ready for them to say there’s nothing they can do, and then basically tell you to fuck off.

Yup, I've used them a few times and they've been great but this is a bad enough experience for me to dodge them in future...

• Gotters changed the title to Nintendo Switch OLED - who needs 4k, dat screen