IGNORED

Nintendo Switch OLED - who needs 4k, dat screen

Gotters

8 minutes ago, Stanley said:

How cool are their boxes now - on the outside it’s just plain brown cardboard. 

Yeah I got one of those boxes when I ordered the Zelda joycon and skyward sword stuff from their store. Definitely makes it feel more special 

1 hour ago, Mystacon said:

Just seen that Satisfye have announced a new grip for the OLED model. Bit frustrating that the previous one doesn’t fit, but I’m not sure I could go without it now.

https://www.satisfye.com/products/zengrip-oled

Not keen on the gaps on the new one, I'm guessing they couldn't wait to get one in hand to design around so just made it plenty big with big silicone fins to take up any slack (and so it'll fit last gen).

I've a Skull & Co grip on the way and will see how I get on with that before getting another Satisfye.

3 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

FFS, I can’t just put in my old sd card with the games on it, so looks like I’m downloading 256 gigs of games I’ll never play again. 

Lol yeah I thought I could do this, then I remembered it is Nintendo we are talking about.

4 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

FFS, I can’t just put in my old sd card with the games on it, so looks like I’m downloading 256 gigs of games I’ll never play again. 

Really? Is that a new thing? I swear it worked when I got my Lite.

I had this in a click and collect basket for Smyths before taking it out. 😅 Do I NEED it? No. Do I WANT it? Yes. Will I still want it next week after the hype has gone down... not sure, but I know it'll be sold out by then. Hmmmmmmmmm. I am getting Metroid Dread today, so playing it on dat screen would be so cool. But £309 cool?

Straight away it feels really weighty and premium, the screen and just the overall finish of the console, the joycons seem to fit more solidly too. The sound is substantially louder and clearer, and the OLED screen itself is just gorgeous. The first thing I tried was A Link To The Past :wub:

6 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Straight away it feels really weighty and premium, the screen and just the overall finish of the console, the joycons seem to fit more solidly too. The sound is substantially louder and clearer, and the OLED screen itself is just gorgeous. 

This ^^

11 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Don’t forget though, it isn’t the Switch upgrade we all wanted. It should have had the same screen but a speed boost so it can run poorly-coded games a little bit better. Think of how exciting that would have been!

Much better, don’t front son.

And Breath of the Wild is a poorly coded game now? Fanboys will say anything I guess! :sherlock:

14 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Don’t forget though, it isn’t the Switch upgrade we all wanted. It should have had the same screen but a speed boost so it can run poorly-coded games a little bit better. Think of how exciting that would have been!

Yours isn't the sort of post people wanted either on a launch day but they still had to read it.

55 minutes ago, FatOldGeek said:

Well it looks like Amazon weren’t joking when they said it’ll be delivered next Wednesday 😞

Mine said that up until yesterday afternoon (ordered 2 weeks ago) then it changed to arriving today by 10pm, so you may get it earlier I reckon.

So Metroid is here, SWOLED isnt. 

Is it easy enough to start Metroid on my Lite then transfer everything over including the save on Wednesday when the SWOLED arrives?

Part of me wants to wait so I experience Metroid end to end on dat screen, but who am I kidding?

7 minutes ago, geordie said:

Mine said that up until yesterday afternoon (ordered 2 weeks ago) then it changed to arriving today by 10pm, so you may get it earlier I reckon.

Absolute fuckers. I ordered mine on 16th July, and its still saying Wednesday.

Transfer thoughts needed. 

I have the family switch plugged into the TV. My new OLED switch is MINE and is going in my office. 

If I do a system transfer that’s gonna format the old system. Can I just set the OLED as my new ‘home’ system with my account and then download selective stuff I want to? Then the old family one can still play those games as long as they run the game using my profile? Would that mean I couldn’t use my OLED at the same time?

Obviously Will but carts moving forward for games the kids will play too.