Jump to content

Nintendo Switch OLED - who needs 4k, dat screen


Gotters
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is anyone going to apply some felt to the inside rails of their docks? I know it’s a much smoother finish, but I’m a little paranoid about how the screen rests against it when docked. I plan on this being our forever Switch, so want to avoid anything from occurring over a number of years.

 

I’ve already put the screen protector in that came with the carry case, so maybe I should stop being paranoid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Fallows said:

Is anyone going to apply some felt to the inside rails of their docks? I know it’s a much smoother finish, but I’m a little paranoid about how the screen rests against it when docked. I plan on this being our forever Switch, so want to avoid anything from occurring over a number of years.

 

I’ve already put the screen protector in that came with the carry case, so maybe I should stop being paranoid.

I never did that and tbh anything like that could just thwart the ventilation process. I’ve had an original Switch since launch which has had plenty of use, fitted with a screen protector and it’s fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Me too, a screen protector should be fine.

 

In other news, my OLED Switch has been shipped! :omg:I wasn't going to buy one but all the talk about the screen made me have a look if there was any stock and amazon.fr were selling them, at a normal price even! Makes a refreshing change from the last few console releases before this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Fallows said:

Is anyone going to apply some felt to the inside rails of their docks? I know it’s a much smoother finish, but I’m a little paranoid about how the screen rests against it when docked.

 

No. My screen doesn't seem to touch anything in the dock, and I never bothered on my old Switch and it's completely scratch free still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With my original Switch I put the protector on that came with the official case and it ended up with a 1cm hairline on the right side after undocking it the very first time. I simply can’t be arsed applying multiple screen protectors if I can help it, so I want this one to last as long as possible.

 

I’m still teaching the boy how to look after stuff properly as well.

 

Ridgedness of the docks seems very random. My console leans onto the front rails when docked, the left side more so than the right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My original switch is itself slightly bent when you look down on it from the top - and the screen seems to stand fractionally proud of the casing more on one side.

 

So I have some light scratching/hazing in the surround area on that side.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Skull & Co. grip arrived today so I can start to enjoy my Switch at last. (Curse my large hands).

 

It comes with three different grips, of which I use the biggest one, though the one down is useable too and has kinda index finger rests.

Those were ready attached and were creaky at first, but the components weren't seated correctly. A little press and it clicked into place.

Sticking with the biggest for now.

They are very easy t swap over by simply sliding them off downwards and sliding the replacement on.

Supplied are little pads to increase the snugness of fit, I haven't needed them.

It is also adjustable to fit the original Switch by removing a few screws on the rear, removing a thin shim and reassembling. Easy peasy.

 

Won't be getting the updated Satisfye now, especially with the guessed specs that resulted in big gaps with fins to insure it fitted.

 

Skull & Co. Neo Grip:

IMG_0089.thumb.jpeg.abe52f8445b1e372d9be369234ee0ee3.jpeg

 

IMG_0091.thumb.jpeg.94ad31643d27a281715a2c7e73e0d7a1.jpeg

 

IMG_0090.thumb.jpeg.e3e4b33674a6918af154cfbcf57dc462.jpeg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Pug said:

My Skull & Co. grip arrived today so I can start to enjoy my Switch at last. (Curse my large hands).

 

It comes with three different grips, of which I use the biggest one, though the one down is useable too and has kinda index finger rests.

Those were ready attached and were creaky at first, but the components weren't seated correctly. A little press and it clicked into place.

Sticking with the biggest for now.

They are very easy t swap over by simply sliding them off downwards and sliding the replacement on.

Supplied are little pads to increase the snugness of fit, I haven't needed them.

It is also adjustable to fit the original Switch by removing a few screws on the rear, removing a thin shim and reassembling. Easy peasy.

 

Won't be getting the updated Satisfye now, especially with the guessed specs that resulted in big gaps with fins to insure it fitted.

 

Skull & Co. Neo Grip:

IMG_0089.thumb.jpeg.abe52f8445b1e372d9be369234ee0ee3.jpeg

 

IMG_0091.thumb.jpeg.94ad31643d27a281715a2c7e73e0d7a1.jpeg

 

IMG_0090.thumb.jpeg.e3e4b33674a6918af154cfbcf57dc462.jpeg

 

 

Good stuff. Looking forward to mine arriving. Did you get stung with any import fees? Let us know what it's like after prolonged sessions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pug said:

My Skull & Co. grip arrived today so I can start to enjoy my Switch at last. (Curse my large hands).

 

It comes with three different grips, of which I use the biggest one, though the one down is useable too and has kinda index finger rests.

Those were ready attached and were creaky at first, but the components weren't seated correctly. A little press and it clicked into place.

Sticking with the biggest for now.

They are very easy t swap over by simply sliding them off downwards and sliding the replacement on.

Supplied are little pads to increase the snugness of fit, I haven't needed them.

It is also adjustable to fit the original Switch by removing a few screws on the rear, removing a thin shim and reassembling. Easy peasy.

 

Won't be getting the updated Satisfye now, especially with the guessed specs that resulted in big gaps with fins to insure it fitted.

 

Skull & Co. Neo Grip:

IMG_0089.thumb.jpeg.abe52f8445b1e372d9be369234ee0ee3.jpeg

 

IMG_0091.thumb.jpeg.94ad31643d27a281715a2c7e73e0d7a1.jpeg

 

IMG_0090.thumb.jpeg.e3e4b33674a6918af154cfbcf57dc462.jpeg

 

 

Is possible to dock it while it's still in the grip?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2021 at 11:26, Jamie John said:

 

I don't have to remove them before putting them in the dock, if that's what you're asking. It goes in fine with them attached. You can still use the Pro Controller, or whatever, with the Switch in the dock and the Split Pads attached.

 

Edit:

 

Oh, sorry, just seen the picture on the site. I don't know why it tells you to remove them because you don't need to. I'll double check again later tonight, but it all seemed to be working fine when I used it. It gets the connection to the TV with no issues or anything.

 

I bought one anyway, and regardless of the missing rumble etc, it has made my gaming in handheld mode so much better now, I love it.

Anyway, the question of fitting in the dock on the new model. Well, it fits for me fine, and will show on the TV screen, and does charge. I am not sure why Hori say to remove them before fitting.

--------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting HORI Europe.

 

Regarding your enquiry, we can confirm that the Split Pad Pro will not fit the updated Nintendo Switch Dock included with the OLED model.

All of the Split Pad Pro’s features will still be completely usable with the system in handheld mode, without any issue. For docked play, we advise removing both Split Pad Pro units from the side rails before docking.

 

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for the understanding.

 

Thank you for your interest in our products.

HORI Europe Team

------------------------------------------------------

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boring account switching talk: I just transferred my users over to the new Switch which took quite long. I now need to deregister my old Switch, but my instructions say I need to sign into the eshop to do that...but my account is on the new Switch :hmm:. Is there a way around it or do I need to transfer back again? And do I need to do this or each account separately (I have multiple nintendo linked accounts)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Fallows said:

Is anyone else finding it difficult opening the cart slot flap? I have to use my son’s Lego tool each time because my nails aren’t long enough.


I’ve had to get my Mrs to open it every time, utterly impossible without long fingernails 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sane said:

Boring account switching talk: I just transferred my users over to the new Switch which took quite long. I now need to deregister my old Switch, but my instructions say I need to sign into the eshop to do that...but my account is on the new Switch :hmm:. Is there a way around it or do I need to transfer back again? And do I need to do this or each account separately (I have multiple nintendo linked accounts)?

In case anyone is wondering: definitely deregister before transferring your accounts. In case it's too late, you can deregister through accounts.nintendo.com, once a year. 

 

Edit: does anyone else's stand seem like it's not closing properly? There's a gap at the bottom which I can clearly feel when holding the Switch. Fairly sure it wasn't there before I opened the stand for the first time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It appears the red/blue OLED Switch is massively more popular than the white going by stock levels. I can understand why, I can see the white joy ones going to look manky very quickly. As Ringfit player I find having separate colours makes it easier to remember which one goes in the ring and which one goes on your leg as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Harsin said:

It appears the red/blue OLED Switch is massivel6 more popular than the white going by stick levels. I can understand why, I can see the white joy ones going to look manly very quickly. As Ringfit player I find having separate colours makes it easier to remember which one goes in the ring and which one goes on your leg as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Harsin said:

It appears the red/blue OLED Switch is massivel6 more popular than the white going by stick levels. I can understand why, I can see the white joy ones going to look manly very quickly. As Ringfit player I find having separate colours makes it easier to remember which one goes in the ring and which one goes on your leg as well.

Will be easier to get direct replacements for the bundled red and blue Joycons as well. Which is a plus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Will be easier to get direct replacements for the bundled red and blue Joycons as well. Which is a plus.


They’re the opposite colours though, right? I bought a red/blue set for my original Switch and could do a full blue or full red Switch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Paulando said:


They’re the opposite colours though, right? I bought a red/blue set for my original Switch and could do a full blue or full red Switch.

There was a red/left, blue/right set, but IIRC it’s out of production. You can still buy blue/left and red/right Joycons individually, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Harsin said:

It appears the red/blue OLED Switch is massivel6 more popular than the white going by stick levels. I can understand why, I can see the white joy ones going to look manly very quickly. As Ringfit player I find having separate colours makes it easier to remember which one goes in the ring and which one goes on your leg as well.


That would be the case if you’re working on the assumption that Nintendo made and distributed equal numbers of each variation. Which I strongly suspect they didn’t, especially considering that the white model preorders sold out first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.