Assetto Corsa 2 | In development and expected 2024!

davejm

Little worried that the specific GT nods means we're getting ACC2 and not AC2 but it's very early.

With PCars stopping being PCars, Rfactor being bought by a company that is going to want to crack down on its mods and Automobilista also now effectively being a closed platform an open PC sim update will be sorely needed by 2024.

I think that slide is a bit misleading.  It's from a presentation where they covered the series from AC to ACC so those bullet points (not in bold) were specifically in reference to ACC and not the new game.

I’d expect them to use the licence and it be a second version of ACC.

Be good if they could sort out the console version (by which I mean proper next gen patch), which seems to play ok, except that I keep spinning and the draw distance is such that I’m staring into a fuzzy mess most of the time...

Nah, it won’t be ACC2. I can’t think what they’d want to do to make it a better sim really. Also, GT racing is a fairly stable platform compared to other series so it’s not like they need revise aspects of the game to reflect real world racing moving forward. I think they’ll continue to add to ACC whilst developing the next game though, or at least I hope so.