Marvel's Avengers: Black Panther:

Hitman Sniper: The Shadows

Nier Reincarnation:

FFVII The First Solider:

Babylon's Fall:

LiS Remastered:

LiS True Colours:

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

So I have it on good authority (I posted a question tagging @gospvg and deleted it out of embarrassment but he caught it and responded :lol:that yes, we can go ahead and create threads for upcoming conferences if we're so inclined. And once again, I'm kind of keen to find out what Square have going on. Luckily, they already have a fairly concise rundown of this year's presentation on their website:

HWfZsTs.jpg

The announcement on the website has "a tantalizingly vague list at what you can expect to see:"

• The world premiere of a new game from Eidos-Montréal
  • An exciting update on BABYLON’S FALL
  • New details about Marvel’s Avengers Expansion: Black Panther- War for Wakanda and updates on upcoming in-game events
  • A deep dive on Life is Strange: True Colors and a first look at Life is Strange: Remastered Collection

That's all we have at the moment. They also say that the event will last for approximately 40 minutes. After last year's show I'm not expecting massive megatons, but any hint at Babylon's Fall still existing will be welcome. Official media channel links are below, but hopefully I'll be able to include a stream embed nearer the time (E: stream embed added.) I'll also update the OP with any relevant media (trailers, etc) after the event.

Square Enix - Youtube

Square Enix - Twitch

E3 - YouTube

E3 - Twitch

https://square-enix-games.com/en_GB/news/e3

Rllmuk thread on Babylon's Fall

Rllmuk thread on LiS: True Colors

Rllmuk thread on Marvel's Avengers

2 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Hoping and wishing to also see an “HD-2D-3D” style remake of FFVI, a la Octopath Traveller and them

Anecdotally that seems to be what the entire internet wants. Let's hope so

Honestly, having only recently played FFVI and CT for the first time, I would pay money for a no-frills Steam re-release (of either game) - well, a re-release that isn't a mobile phone thing.

I don’t think they’ll show a FFVI remake in that style til the Dragon Quest 3 one is out of the way. I’m looking forward to seeing more of that, and Project Triangle Strategy for that matter. Hopefully they get some E3 shine.

Interestingly, Final Fantasy III and IV on iOS have had “(3D Remake)” added to the end of their titles and on their icons as of today.

It's looking like there's gonna be alot of cross over with the new XIV expansion, Endwalker, and stuff in IV, also if you preorder Endwalker you can get one of the characters from IV as a minion and the during the recent fanfest you could buy other IV characters as minions.

Whilst I'd like to say that it'd be a no brainer to do something regarding a re-release/remake of IV, SE have had opportunities in the past to take advantage of the crossover appeal of their brands that they haven't acted upon.

Ironically, I didn't see GOSPVG's post as I've been writing and putting the E3 threads together over the weekend. :lol:

Oh well, I actually think it's nicer as a community thing, where members who are most passionate about specific brands get to run specific threads. I've PM'd @gospvg, just because it's probably going to be smarter if members who want to tackle an E3 thread know who's writing what. :) Great thread though, I'll post my own, "warm up text" a little later.

I wonder if it's too soon for any Forspoken updates? On the one hand it's not mentioned in the stuff I quoted in the OP... but I know that their last show had a bunch of extra content in addition to what was publicised...

11 hours ago, Qazimod said:

I wonder if it's too soon for any Forspoken updates? On the one hand it's not mentioned in the stuff I quoted in the OP... but I know that their last show had a bunch of extra content in addition to what was publicised...

I'd like another 5 minute announcement about the name, because it's just so good.*

*not good

12 hours ago, Qazimod said:

SE might save this and FF XVI for a Sony event, but then again, who knows?

FFVII hasn't been mentioned in the news blurb, but I wouldn't bet against them slotting in a promo for the recently-released Integrade update...

On 05/06/2021 at 15:55, Qazimod said:

Official media channel links are below, but hopefully I'll be able to include a stream embed nearer the time. I'll also update the OP with any relevant media (trailers, etc) after the event.

The stream placeholder is live on their YouTube channel, so I've stuck it in the OP.

Sup.

I’m here riding an Xbox conference high and am hoping for some Final Fantasy announcements.

For ages I’ve been wanting a retro FF compilation title, grouping 1-6 together. (I would also accept 1-5 and a 6 remaster.) They’ve done it for the Mana series and Dragon Quest has been getting the love, soooo…

5 minutes ago, tnman said:

Sup.

I’m here riding an Xbox conference high and am hoping for some Final Fantasy announcements.

For ages I’ve been wanting a retro FF compilation title, grouping 1-6 together. (I would also accept 1-5 and a 6 remaster.) They’ve done it for the Mana series and Dragon Quest has been getting the love, soooo…

I’m keeping my FF hype in check. I think it’ll mostly be shite that they publish that I don’t know or care about 🤷🏻‍♂️