IGNORED

E3 2021 - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase - EXTENDED SHOW NOW LIVE

17 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

Saw a rumour of a Crytek buyout, which would kinda make sense. 

It really would wouldn't it. Whatever increases the likelihood of Crysis 4 emerging, I can get behind. 

Battlefield day one on GP seems like a really smart move as the franchise is in repair-mode after V so needs some goodwill. Will be a great way to hit the ground running with regards to playerbase too.

44 minutes ago, CarloOos said:

It's a "how about that company" fanboy rumour, rather than anything with more substance at this point.

I really hope they have a good one. I feel like we’ve been waiting so long for them to have a stormer and their time has finally come.

1 hour ago, CarloOos said:

Would it? It doesn't seem like it'd address a weakness in their lineup. 

3 minutes ago, bear said:

Yeah, maybe I'm being ignorant of other things Crytek have done but they immediately spring to mind as an FPS dev first and foremost which is absolutely not something Microsoft is lacking. Cryengine doesn't seem to be in a spot where they'd buy them for the tech either, but what do I know? :blah:

Honestly unless it’s something massive like “we’ve bought SEGA and all DC games are now on gamepass” I feel like it would be a mistake to walk on stage talking about more studio acquisitions with games that are years away. They really need to focus on games and the immediate future.

4 hours ago, bear said:

Well if Crytek are on their arse and on the verge of going bust, which seems to be the case, then why not grab them on the cheap for the licenses and tech? They already have prior form as a MS second party dev.

It got dunked on but I’d gladly play another Ryse on GP, it was one of the better launch games from last-gen, and the Far Cry franchise has been stagnant for 10 years so that could do with a proper competitor. I don’t think the Xbox market will ever tire of glossy shooters.

Of course if they’ve been struggling for years then the talent might already be gone, the Crysis remaster sounds like a shambles. I did enjoy Hunt: The Showdown, it still feels like an alpha but could get a second lease of life as a GP game.

1 hour ago, Bojangle said:

Finally a Ryse sequel.

1 hour ago, ilpostino said:

I wouldn't mind that, actually. Quite enjoyed the original.

Yes please, it might have been button mashing eye ball pleasing pretties but it was fun and I’d certainly be up for a second slice

Finally, after all these years some Ryse love. Honestly it was one of my favourite Xbox One releases and it looked superb. Simple game but there was a certain rhythm and flow to the combat which I really liked. I'd welcome a sequel. 

17 minutes ago, El Spatula said:

All of Bethesdas teams put onto designing a new loading experience!

ID software put onto Starfield QA. Arkane repurposed into creating avatars.

Pretty pumped for this I can’t lie, it’s the big one. I’ve been playing loads of Halo in anticipation and I can’t wait to see what they’ve done with Infinite. Halo 4 is actually very, very good, and I feel 343 will deliver the goods this time. 

But maybe even just as much I’m looking forward to Flight Sim and hopefully the announcement of a flight stick and other accessories. Can’t wait to see game play. 

I reckon we’re gonna get announcements for Evil Within 3, Wolfenstein III and Doom Eternal in its X|S enhanced form, and Bethesda will release the rest of their catalogue onto Game Pass during the show, if Dishonored 3 is announced I’ll open a bottle of Moët. 

They will open with Forza and it will look insane, comfortably the most next gen looking game we’ve seen to date. 

7 minutes ago, Stanley said:

They will open with Forza and it will look insane, comfortably the most next gen looking game we’ve seen to date. 

It looked good last year, although it was "in engine" rather than actual gameplay on Series X (back when the S was just rumour!).

It was all shots of a shiny ray traced garage and close ups of cars though.  Can a circuit racer look much better during gameplay than what we already have?

The Forza engine is supposed to being used for Fable as well.  A real-time demo of that would be cool.

1 minute ago, monkeydog said:

Can a circuit racer look much better during gameplay than what we already have?

Oh God yeah, we’re a long way off photo realism, every time I wonder how they can top it, and they do

You know this AMD tech/software thing they're putting live in June? What ramifications does that have with regard to the 60fps enhancement program they're running? Any potential megaton reveals regarding that? In terms as simple as possible please, I am an idiot.

As for reveals I'll take whatever they give but I really would like to see them resuming the Xbox/Xbox 360 BC program with a drop of freshly relicensed content. That would be delicious. Yes it's looking backwards and no I don't fucking care.

The AMD DLSS equivalent? Depends how long it’s been in the hands of devs - if it’s secretly been in the hands of MS studios for a while it might make a difference to the performance with all the bells and whistles turned on but if it’s just being released then you won’t see it make any massive changes for a while. 

24 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

You know this AMD tech/software thing they're putting live in June? What ramifications does that have with regard to the 60fps enhancement program they're running? Any potential megaton reveals regarding that? In terms as simple as possible please, I am an idiot.

Zilch. The 60fps thing is actual black magic, not a spatial upscaler.

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Oh God yeah, we’re a long way off photo realism, every time I wonder how they can top it, and they do

I hope so too.  Racers do demand ray traced reflections and global illumination to take that next step.  For 60fps, it's been a case of 'pick one' in console games so far.  And not at 4k either, although that's less important.