Jump to content

E3 2021 - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase - EXTENDED SHOW NOW LIVE


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, petrolgirls said:

Love the art style and music of Sable. Technically it's a shambles though, early days of course. 

 

Well it's out in September so not that early. Hopefully it's an old-ish build and it's in the major polishing stage at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

I’m so excited for this, tomorrow evening we will see the new Halo and it will be glorious! 

I’m just playing through Hivebusters at the minute and even though it isn’t open world, it really does highlight how much work Infinite needed when they showed it off last year. 343 are usually magicians when it comes to graphics though - just look at Halo 4 for example - so I’m expecting to be blown away by it tomorrow.

 

Whether they’ve nailed the right feel for the gameplay though, something which I don’t feel they’ve delivered on yet, is the true test.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Halo 4 is superb, I have no doubts infinite will be awesome. 

It was ok. I’m just glad they’ve seen sense to ditch the Prometheans and gone back to the Covenant.

 

I might actually have another play through the series in the run up to this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really hope they pull something impressive out of their green hat. It's been "the games are coming" for longer than "the dragons are coming" in the early seasons of Game of Thrones. With MILB, Sony has put out more games on the Series X than Microsoft themselves ffs - on top of that Ratchet is currently melting eyeballs with its astounding looks over on the other side of the tracks. I want to see Microsoft respond to that, show a game that proves what the Series X is capable of. Fuck cross gen, we're ready to be impressed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JPL said:

It was ok. I’m just glad they’ve seen sense to ditch the Prometheans and gone back to the Covenant.

 

I might actually have another play through the series in the run up to this.

Do it, I’ve just played Reach, Halo 4 and Halo 2 one after the other, all on Heroic, and I was surprised by just how much I enjoyed 4, much more than 2 which drags at times. And almost as much as Reach. It falls apart a bit towards the end but for the most part it’s varied and excellent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I really hope they pull something impressive out of their green hat. It's been "the games are coming" for longer than "the dragons are coming" in the early seasons of Game of Thrones. With MILB, Sony has put out more games on the Series X than Microsoft themselves ffs - on top of that Ratchet is currently melting eyeballs with its astounding looks over on the other side of the tracks. I want to see Microsoft respond to that, show a game that proves what the Series X is capable of. Fuck cross gen, we're ready to be impressed!


Ha, and with Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop (wonder if either of them get mentioned in 3 hours), Microsoft are about to put out more games on Ps5 than on Xbox. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mikeyl said:


Ha, and with Ghostwire Tokyo and Deathloop (wonder if either of them get mentioned in 3 hours), Microsoft are about to put out more games on Ps5 than on Xbox. 

It's the craziest start to a generation ever! Dogs and cats living together! Game pass hysteria!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

I had listened to the podcast before checking Twitter this morning and this is a very misleading take about what was said. They discussed the acquisition rumours and quickly went through a list of studio names that were being bandied about the internet but they also stressed they had no solid information themselves. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fair enough that these guys get taken out of context but they should also know that this will happen as soon as they open their mouths. Like SoL confirming in the Outrun thread that Sumo are updating the game in his dreams. I'm trying not to jump on every rumour or spoiler between now and the show. At the end of the day these "insiders" don't know shit and if they do they cannot say because they'll lose their status and connections with the PR side of things.

 

Current excitement level are still on the tempered side but as the clock ticks I'm getting more open to the idea of this being a show of Legendary status.

 

On the other hand. Black Tusk > ShangHeist > Coalition > Splinter Cell. I just made this up but it's almost feasible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hate to say that unless they show something running on a series x that is anywhere near the visuals of Ratchet and Clank it’s going to be a disappointment for many.

 Love the console but slightly nicer Xbox one games aren’t going to cut it for much longer against what Sony are showing is possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Hate to say that unless they show something running on a series x that is anywhere near the visuals of Ratchet and Clank it’s going to be a disappointment for many.

 Love the console but slightly nicer Xbox one games aren’t going to cut it for much longer against what Sony are showing is possible.

Sony have nothing as end to end as technically impressive as Flight Sim, if that’s your sole judgment. You might not appreciate it, and you might prefer R&C, but if you want sheer technical wizardry and a game that is clearly not possible on the previous generation (or this generation without the cloud), that’s it. And will remain so for a fair while.

 

(microsoft have nothing with the level of polish of TLOU2, either!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Flight Sim is stunning looking but is also about as much fun as watching paint dry to 99% of the audience (tried on PC and bored of it in a couple of hours). 
 MS need something to wow the mass market of gamers not just the small % that enjoy a realistic flight sim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, David Kenny said:

There's a fine line between homage and plagiarism, and Sable is skirting very close to the edge I think. (Moebius drawing below)

 

He's been dead for almost a decade. Doubt he'll give a shit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mortis said:

Hate to say that unless they show something running on a series x that is anywhere near the visuals of Ratchet and Clank it’s going to be a disappointment for many.

 Love the console but slightly nicer Xbox one games aren’t going to cut it for much longer against what Sony are showing is possible.

That’s fine if you want to play middle of the road games with nice graphics, funny seeing all these new R&C fans come out of the woodwork just because of the impressive visuals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice graphics show what your £500 toy is capable of - you might think R&C games are middle of the road but somehow it sells well and has managed to outlast many a series so it’s doing something right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mortis said:

Nice graphics show what your £500 toy is capable of - you might think R&C games are middle of the road but somehow it sells well and has managed to outlast many a series so it’s doing something right.

I’m sure we’ll get ‘nice graphics’ but hopefully games of more substance too. Personally cannot wait for Flight Sim, Halo and Forza, and despite the shaky start for Infinite I’m expecting serious visual showcases for those games and others. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Stanley said:

That’s fine if you want to play middle of the road games with nice graphics, funny seeing all these new R&C fans come out of the woodwork just because of the impressive visuals. 


right now I imagine they’d like to play anything on a series x

 

Quote

Personally cannot wait for Flight Sim, Halo and ForzA


well, you have to.

 

but seriously, the post you’re responding was literally about the improved visuals offered by the new gen

 

all you had to do was say “well what about this”, and insert a pretty picture of a series s/x game.

 

your reply seems a little salty by comparison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SeanR said:


right now I imagine they’d like to play anything on a series x

 

but seriously, the post you’re responding was literally about the improved visuals offered by the new gen

 

all you had to do was say “well what about this”, and insert a pretty picture is a series game.

 

your reply seems a little salty by comparison.

If only any of this post made sense or was worth typing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Nice graphics show what your £500 toy is capable of - you might think R&C games are middle of the road but somehow it sells well and has managed to outlast many a series so it’s doing something right.


Kind of contradicts your previous post about Flight Sim looking stunning don’t you think?  
 

Not a Sony Fanboy clogging up an Xbox thread per chance.:sherlock:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Robo_1 changed the title to E3 2021 - Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase - EXTENDED SHOW NOW LIVE
  • Robo_1 pinned this topic
  • Robo_1 unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.