IGNORED

E3 2021 | Nintendo | June 15th - 17:00 BST

Robo_1

BOTW2 looked gorgeous, very excited for that.

Incredibly conflicted over the fact that they announced surprise new Metroid, WarioWare and a rereleased Advance Wars 1 & 2, but somehow managed to make them all look uglier than their predecessors. I do not understand :(

(I will of course buy the new Metroid and WW irrespective, because new WarioWare and Metroid)

Like all of the E3 conferences it had some good stuff, some I'm not that interested in.

Excited for Metroid Dread out of the unannounced stuff. Still really want Mario Golf and Skyward Sword. Maybe SMTV and Fatal Frame if I can afford them.

Ace show.  A date for SMT V, and a new 2D Metroid and Wario Ware to go with it - let alone remasters of Monkey Ball, Advance Wars and Mario Party.

Just line my pockets with switch online game vouchers, jeez

Just now, Mike S said:

Eh? 

BOTW was started as a Wii U game, they retooled it for Switch, but also had to release it on the Wii U.

Without needing to make it for inferior hardware, it can look and run better if they target the Switch, rather than the Wii U.

Even though I only care about a small handful of Nintendo franchises, there was a decent amount of variety in there. It’s nice to see more of SMT, Metroid Dread was unexpected, and more Wario Ware is always a good thing.

I totally agree with @Halo in that sequels and remakes can be boring if you don’t care about the series, but I’d like to hope that they can at least be creative within the confines of your sequel or remake.

3 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Metroid Dread confirmed as a Mercurysteam game.

Hmm, Samus Returns was comfortably the worst Metroid game to not include 'Federation' or 'Other' in its title, but that was primarily down to the 3DS analogue controls being the worst known to man. Still, expectations tempered.

Just now, Alex W. said:

They've brought back Samus Returns' fiddly free-aim system. (They basically phrased it that way.)

"yay"

(again, at least this time not controlled by The Slider, so there's some hope)

Just now, Strafe said:

“The first new 2D Metroid game in 19 years. That’s nearly 2 decades for those of you who did the maths”

Yeah but it’s still 16 years old :)