IGNORED

E3 2021 | Nintendo | June 15th - 17:00 BST

Robo_1

I think Nintendo might have adapted to the past 18 months than the rest of the industry. What we saw today was a lot of smaller scaled new projects. Advance Wars is great to bring back, but it is looking a bit "Uni projecty" in terms of presentation. It's lost a lot of the charm from the original sprites.

I'd rather have that than nothing at all. I'm really shocked that there's no MAJOR DLC for Animal crossing though. And Pikmin 4 remains "almost complete" for another year.

6 minutes ago, ThePixelbarks said:

I think Nintendo might have adapted to the past 18 months than the rest of the industry. What we saw today was a lot of smaller scaled new projects. Advance Wars is great to bring back, but it is looking a bit "Uni projecty" in terms of presentation. It's lost a lot of the charm from the original sprites.

I'd rather have that than nothing at all. I'm really shocked that there's no MAJOR DLC for Animal crossing though. And Pikmin 4 remains "almost complete" for another year.

Surely "Major DLC" is the new, secret boss in Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp? ;)

41 minutes ago, Marlew said:

Cunts don't know but this is the actual GOAT announcement. 

Mushihimesama, Espgaluda 2, Dodonpachi Resurrection are unfathomable releases.

Get yourself on the paedophile register and download Mushi now. 

I already lost all my lives and credits just watching the video 👴🏻 

Absolute ludicrous amount I want out of that lot. 

Metroid Dread

Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp

WarioWare: Get It Together

Monkey Ball Banana Blitz

Mario Party Superstars

Danganronpa Decadence

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water 

(Maybe Cruis'n Blast) 

I mean, I'm not even that into Breath of the Wild and it was still a fucking smasher. If we're being super harsh, there are a lot of remakes or packages there but they seem timed to perfection. I was pretty down on their chances of coping with COVID, but good golly they appear to have adapted just fine. 

3 minutes ago, Jolly said:

I mean, I'm not even that into Breath of the Wild and it was still a fucking smasher. If we're being super harsh, there are a lot of remakes or packages there but they seem timed to perfection. I was pretty down on their chances of coping with COVID, but good golly they appear to have adapted just fine. 

Right, a remake or reboot in isolation would be a bit naff, but this rich selection of them alongside some really exciting original titles in a six month window is just lovely. I don't think I've seen a system with a release schedule this pumped up since the PSone/PS2/GBA days.

15 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Is it? I’ve got the limited edition set somewhere in a cupboard….how stupid we talking exactly…

£150 and up, judging by sold listings on eBay:

636375702_ProjectZeroMaidenPrice.thumb.png.d58f0d142a3f850a1a40ceb89484f1ef.png

38 minutes ago, rgraves said:

Is it? I’ve got the limited edition set somewhere in a cupboard….how stupid we talking exactly…

CEX sell it for £180, they'll pay over £100 in cash, and if you're chipping it in to CEX, then I want first dibs ;) 

It'll sit on a shelf and never get played, but I want it 😛

** EDIT ** And that is the base version https://uk.webuy.com/search/?stext=maiden black water

12 hours ago, Wiper said:

N...no?

(Advance Wars, Fatal Frame and Monkey Ball are rereleases; I think that's about it?)

Danganronpa, Life is Strange, Mario Party Superstars, Skyward Sword HD, Zelda Game & Watch, Espgaluda and Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu, etc...

Remember when people used to look forwards to new stuff at E3?

6 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Danganronpa, Life is Strange, Mario Party Superstars, Fatal Frame, Skyward Sword HD, Zelda Game & Watch...

Remember when people used to look forwards to new stuff at E3?

Ah, I'd forgotten a bunch of them (and I genuinely don't remember Skyward Sword getting covered, but that's probably me just blocking out). Still clearly not '90%' though, what with new Metroid, SMT, Zelda, WarioWare, Golf, Two Point Campus, Cruise 'n Blast (and ignoring expansions/DLC).

Edit: and what a way to find out you've been blocked by rgraves...

Now that the dust has settled I'm...whelmed. But at least it looks like my Switch is finally going to get some use this year besides Ring Fit Adventure. 

I'm really happy to see a new Wario Ware and will definitely be getting that. Metroid Dread I should be excited about but it looks a bit rough. I like Advance Wars but I'm not paying 50 quid for two ancient games with worse graphics than the originals.

Mario and Rabbids looks great and is getting bought. Banana Blitz I'll definitely buy as they're finally remastering the only good games in the series. 

Breath of the Wild 2 trailer seemed a bit cobbled together and aiming for 2022 basically means it's 2023. So while it was nice to see some footage finally it didn't really wow me as it didn't feel like they were presenting a cohesive vision of the game, just odd scraps.

So a strange position where a fair few games appealed to me but it does feel a bit like they're wheeling out their B tier to fill the COVID gap.

1 minute ago, rgraves said:

Eh? I’ve not blocked anyone!? What you on about?

Just that I'd replied to your query about Project Zero/Fatal Frame pricing earlier, so it looked as though you hadn't seen the good news until MikeBeaver replied!

Yeah I don't get what all the gushing is about in here. Metroid looks quite nice. Zelda was a pointless showing as it showed almost nothing (mechanic where you go through the floor was pretty much all I got from it). Aiming for 2022 lol. Nailed on 2023 then. Advance Wars looked quite nice I suppose. Not the worst Direct ever but a bit meh.