IGNORED

E3 2021 | Nintendo | June 15th - 17:00 BST

Robo_1

5 hours ago, scottcr said:

I'd love love LOVE a remake of Kid Icarus but I just can't see it happening.  Game was bursting with character, they could have done soooo much.

It was an excellent game with a great script. An update would be an insta-buy for me.

If I could have one thing in the Nintendo presentation it would be a new "Advanced Wars" game but I know that is never gonna happen. 😭

All the alternatives that people suggest like Wargroove, Into the Breach, Fire Emblem etc aren't a patch on the real thing.

33 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

I think Fire Emblem has such a hugely invested fan base that they’re never going to divert those developers to make an Advance Wars game. There would be anime avatar Twitter riots.

I fear you are correct and I stopped even considering the FE games a long time ago as they seemed to boil down to:

• Press button to skip past tedious dialog between characters you cant give a crap about
  • Repeat times 100
  • Do small battle with only a handful of characters on the map
  • Repeat

The game was 75% skipping dialog and 25% actual gameplay.  Perhaps it's got better since the 3ds iterations but I just gave up on it

Yeah if you don't care about the story FE isn't for you. I like those games (mostly). From what I understand the Advance Wars games that were successful in the west flopped in Japan. Then Fire Emblem unexpectedly took off in the west and that sealed AW's fate. 

The most recent Fire Emblem was largely developed by Koei Tecmo, which had me hoping the usual team were making advance wars instead, but no. 

They leaned into the horniness with Awakening and it saved the series which is why it’s getting more and more anime with each release. Everything DS or before was a staid olde English tactics game. They perfected Advance Wars with the first DS game and it was dimishing returns with each release after it, although I did enjoy Days of Ruin.

33 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

Daft question, but is it even worth hoping for any new mobile phone game announcements? Is that Pikmin AR app still a thing?

Niantic just announced a Transformers AR app, so ehr... no?

2 hours ago, ryodi said:

They leaned into the horniness with Awakening and it saved the series which is why it’s getting more and more anime with each release. Everything DS or before was a staid olde English tactics game. They perfected Advance Wars with the first DS game and it was dimishing returns with each release after it, although I did enjoy Days of Ruin.

There was only one more after the first DS one, and that was Days of Ruin.

2 hours ago, ryodi said:

You mean the GBA one, right? The best game. 

Looking forward to the Switch Pro reveal with F-Zero SX. Miyamoto personally apologises for the long delay in making another F-Zero, but please understand that they couldn't do it justice without 4k 120fps 30 player online races on the Switch Pro.

Oh and yeah we checked in the cupboard and there's actually new Wave Race and 1080 games that we had ready there and forgot all about. 

Nintendo is proud to announce that each Metroid game on Nintendo Online NES and SNES is being upgraded to a new remake based on the Samus Returns engine! You’ll never have to (or be able to) play the originals on Switch again!

24 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

You mean the GBA one, right? The best game. 

Yes the GBA game, not sure why I said DS game. The first GBA game is perfect, AW2 wasn’t quite as good because pipes planes can’t fly over is rubbish. Duel Strike was even worse with the dual CO powers and Days of Ruin was fine just a bit drab.  

9 minutes ago, Professor Puzzles said:

At the very least we should have a few minutes of BotW2 tomorrow, I dare not hope for anything else. 

A few minutes of BoTW2 is all it would take to 'win E3' after what we've had so far. 

2 hours ago, Marlowe said:

Looking forward to the Switch Pro reveal with F-Zero SX. Miyamoto personally apologises for the long delay in making another F-Zero, but please understand that they couldn't do it justice without 4k 120fps 30 player online races on the Switch Pro.

Oh and yeah we checked in the cupboard and there's actually new Wave Race and 1080 games that we had ready there and forgot all about. 

+ metroid + BOTW2 for xmas. I can feel it.