Jump to content
IGNORED

Nextlander Fan Club - What Brad, Alex and Vinny did next


Gambit
 Share

Recommended Posts

Seeing the Jeff G solo streams on Giant Bomb (the retro stuff and the garage streams) and how entertaining those are, makes me think Vinny would be better off solo. Maybe not, he's a production dude first and foremost of course, but with how flat everything is in combination with Brad and Alex I suspect Vinny just going it alone would be an improvement.

 

Edit: you know what would probably be a good combination? Vinny, Dave, and Drew. I think that could work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not like they don't care though. Every stream I've watched recently had Vinny catching that the sync was off and "doing something" to try to fix it. Usually it's worked to some degree, but there must be something off about their setup if it's this frequent of an issue.

 

But also, I watched the Sony stream live and it was far from unwatchable for me. Annoying for a bit, but nowhere near unwatchable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Over 10k patrons now, somehow! I abandoned ship pretty quickly in terms of listening to the podcast, as it seemed a bit boring and they essentially split out any less dry stuff into their medium tier exclusive podcast.

 

Have things improved yet with the streams and their podcasting?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Eighthours said:

Over 10k patrons now, somehow! I abandoned ship pretty quickly in terms of listening to the podcast, as it seemed a bit boring and they essentially split out any less dry stuff into their medium tier exclusive podcast.

 

Have things improved yet with the streams and their podcasting?


The podcast is still a bit boring sadly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm with @Gambit. I also haven't listened to this week's podcast yet, but based on what Alex has said about him in the past, his feelings mirror mine about Bobby K. The man's a blight on our species, and his comeuppance can't come soon enough. The only problem is that whatever happens to him it won't fix things and he'll still have his hundreds of millions to console him.

 

Edit: actually @Trumpets, in case you aren't aware of the Activision-Blizzard atrocities, there's a thread here: 

But a very quick and incomplete summary is that Kotick has led a company with such a toxic culture that all three console manufacturers have called for his head, the state of California and the federal government are investigating, 1300 of his employees are willing to publicly demand he's fired and more. 

 

So, no. Bobby didn't run over Alex's dog. He's just been an utter evil fuck for decades, and Alex is sick of it, as we all should be.

 

I know that my personal stance is that until that whole company is cleaned out top to bottom and Kotick is forced to do the shame walk off Game of Thrones, I'm never buying another Acti-Blizz game, never working for a company who is making one, and if any studio I work for does get a publishing deal with them, I'm resigning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seems like with every new video they post they always tweet out a "sorry if we get DMCA'd and taken down". I rarely watch their twitch live so no idea if it has ever happened, but it must be a shock to go from their own video service to relying on the shite that is twitch and YouTube.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/11/2021 at 18:46, Trumpets said:

Did Bobby Kotick run over Alex's dog in the past or something?

Having now listened to the most recent podcast Trumpets could have been referring to, I'm even more nonplussed than I was. If anything, I think the three Nextlander guys are being pretty light with their criticism of Kotick. If I were on that podcast I'd be much more vituperative about him. I'm assuming Trumpets didn't know about the Activision stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Scribblor said:

Having now listened to the most recent podcast Trumpets could have been referring to, I'm even more nonplussed than I was. If anything, I think the three Nextlander guys are being pretty light with their criticism of Kotick. If I were on that podcast I'd be much more vituperative about him. I'm assuming Trumpets didn't know about the Activision stuff.

 

It was the podcast a couple of weeks ago (#024) where he just seemed weirdly personally affronted by a person he has probably never met and who can have had no tangible effect on his life. The other two aren't keen on Kotick either but not such a 😬 extent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's interesting. I've never met Kotick and he's had no tangible effect on my life (not least because I can't remember the last Activision-Blizzard game I played), but I'm super affronted by him too. I don't have to have been personally affected by all the heinous shit he's presided over during his tenure to feel a deep sense of injustice, anger and vitriol about him. I just think about the people who have been affected by him and the feelings of impotent rage and disgust flow naturally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 02/12/2021 at 21:29, Trumpets said:

 

It was the podcast a couple of weeks ago (#024) where he just seemed weirdly personally affronted by a person he has probably never met and who can have had no tangible effect on his life. The other two aren't keen on Kotick either but not such a 😬 extent.

 

I mean, the guy is a real scumbag. It was recently revealed that he'd left a voicemail on an ex-PA's mobile threatening to have her killed.

 

Another female employee accused someone at the company of raping her twice, he did nothing, then settled it out of court and didn't tell the board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s still an element of Brad being Brad but because they don’t have to be unanimous with their decision it hasn’t really mattered much. 
 

Their stuff seems largely the same from what I’ve watched and listened to but sometimes it can be pretty entertaining. I think with Nextlander it comes down to whether I’m interested in the game they’re playing rather than just watching anything they put out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone coughed up for the upper tier? I was supporting them for a while for the regular podcast. I do miss the more "talking about any old shit" from the Beastcast but I'm loathed to lay through the nose for it. I'd have thought by this point they'd at least have made one free/preview episode available so you could see what you were signing up for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 29/12/2021 at 11:37, idiwa said:

Has anyone coughed up for the upper tier? I was supporting them for a while for the regular podcast. I do miss the more "talking about any old shit" from the Beastcast but I'm loathed to lay through the nose for it. I'd have thought by this point they'd at least have made one free/preview episode available so you could see what you were signing up for. 


I did for the first month or two. I much preferred those extra podcasts to the regular one - I don’t even listen to that now.

 

It was usually just talking about what they’d been up to at the weekend.

 

I’ll probably subscribe once a year and download all the back episodes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to get an RSS feed for the Ramblecast episodes? I signed up for the £8 tier and I've generated a RSS for Pocketcast so I can hear the main podcast...but there doesn't seem to be anything on Patreon about a RSS specific feed for the Ramblecast.

 

Anything obvious I'm missing?

 

@Chindie @QuackQuack do you ever listen to the Ramblecast on anything other than Patreon's site/app Cheers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.