IGNORED

Nextlander Fan Club - What Brad, Alex and Vinny did next

Gambit

23 minutes ago, idiwa said:

Is there a way to get an RSS feed for the Ramblecast episodes? I signed up for the £8 tier and I've generated a RSS for Pocketcast so I can hear the main podcast...but there doesn't seem to be anything on Patreon about a RSS specific feed for the Ramblecast.

Anything obvious I'm missing?

@Chindie @QuackQuack do you ever listen to the Ramblecast on anything other than Patreon's site/app Cheers.

The Patreon RSS feed for Pocketcasts is basically their entire feed for that tier, for me anyway. The Ramblecast episodes are intermingled with all the usual episodes.

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

The Patreon RSS feed for Pocketcasts is basically their entire feed for that tier, for me anyway. The Ramblecast episodes are intermingled with all the usual episodes.

See I get a weird thing were its showing two version of Nextlander. The one based on my personal Patreon RSS goes through Pocketcast's site to generate another RSS but this shows within Pocketcast as a dead podcast thats no longer providing new content.

I might just ping Patreon.  

Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 12.06.15.png

Screenshot 2022-03-01 at 12.10.42.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One of the more often-requested things we've had since we launched is that Ground Support patrons ($5) would very much like to be able to access the Ramblecast, even if it comes on a delayed schedule. So guess what? We're doing that! 

Our Core Crew, Mission Control, and Mysterious Benefactor patrons ($10 and up) will still get the Ramblecast on the usual cadence, and starting next week, $5 patrons will be getting access to new episodes a week later. We'll also be unlocking all the older Ramblecasts for $5 patrons as well, though doing so will probably take us a bit of time as we'll be doing it manually, so bear with us over the next couple of weeks as we get all those unlocked for you. 

In addition to this release change, we're happy to announce that we'll also be adding a VIDEO Ramblecast that will only be available to our $10 and up patrons! If you've enjoyed our non-stop rambling over the last year and wished you could see our handsome mugs while we were doing it, this is the show for you!

Meanwhile Giantbomb is floundering. You can see why they went it alone.

There's currently a five page thread in their forum about The State Of Premium with a lot of people not happy that the only thing they're getting for their money are ad free podcasts and UPF.

Really wish that GBeast reunion was free. I'm poor. :(

The new podcast was announced about 10 minutes after I bought a year of the (ineligible) lowest Patreon tier for £53. Still, I couldn't justify paying more without dropping something else. I've been keeping up with the regular podcast and catch up with most of their archived streams, so I'm happy to support them more directly now that I get to listen to the Ramblecast.

If people haven't been checking out their stuff, a recent highlight for me:

2 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Yes. Brad is sitting out from what I gather so it’s gonna be Vinny, Alex and then Austin/Dan/Abby/Bakalar rotate subject to availability.  

Very interesting. When they left, we all had the impression that the GB folks were not allowed to mention or allude to Nextlander. Maybe enough time has passed.

That sounds like a fun reunion!