IGNORED

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - 25.03.2022

shirubagan

It’s also something to consider that Tiny Tina would be less bloody annoying…

Im enjoying this but I’ve always loved BL games. PS5 has so many glitches and bugs though- menus vanishing, powers not appearing, pick ups vanishing. Yet another semi baked product sold at full price.

On 25/03/2022 at 13:47, Dark Soldier said:

Tiny Tina is the absolute worst character. Give me 50 hours of the God awful Claptrap over that 

I thought Claptrap was a fun contrast against the dismal depressing darkly humorous world of Borderlands 1 and was the right side of “deliberately irritating”… then they seemingly made every single character Claptrap in 2, with Tiny Tina being the worst of the lot.

This game is honestly pretty funny, plays nicely too once you have some big explosion spells. It's just a big dumb shooter with a cast of quality comedians. Robot Wanda Sykes is perfect, and there's a really stupid but awesome gag/plot twist after you beat the banshee boss which is saints row-level stuff.

On 27/03/2022 at 16:36, Halo said:

I thought Claptrap was a fun contrast against the dismal depressing darkly humorous world of Borderlands 1 and was the right side of “deliberately irritating”… then they seemingly made every single character Claptrap in 2, with Tiny Tina being the worst of the lot.

I still have his Borderlands 2 Dubstep beat boxing in my brain

8 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

This looks great.

It also has, coming to Gamepass imminently, written all over it. 

I thought that but none of the previous Borderlands games gave appeared on Gamepass. 

40 minutes ago, Ry said:

I thought that but none of the previous Borderlands games gave appeared on Gamepass. 

Really?? I must be confusing Gamepass with PS+ which gave away the Handsome Collection. Think I picked up Borderlands 3 for the price of an ice-cream as well.

2k stuff is very rarely on gamepass apart from basketball and golf. GTAV and Red Dead have been on but only for a few months at a time. I don't think 2K are fans of it.

And yes you can be a wizard, I am the Spellshot and have big aoe explosion magic on left bumper and fireballs or iceballs on right bumper depending on enemy. It feels like diablo in first person a wee bit played like that. And a dragon pet. You can cross-class which is nice.

14 hours ago, deerokus said:

2k stuff is very rarely on gamepass apart from basketball and golf. GTAV and Red Dead have been on but only for a few months at a time. I don't think 2K are fans of it.

And yes you can be a wizard, I am the Spellshot and have big aoe explosion magic on left bumper and fireballs or iceballs on right bumper depending on enemy. It feels like diablo in first person a wee bit played like that. And a dragon pet. You can cross-class which is nice.

Thanks. Not sure about £60 but will keep an eye out

• 2 weeks later...

A few hours into this after I caved. Having a lovely time (level 10)

It's nice enough - the change from BL to an overworld was strange. Spellshot feels utterly powerful already which is nice!

Will Arnett and Ashley Burch are doing a lot of heavy lifting (there's something going on I'm sure :D). I'm surprised how poor Andy Samberg is though.

I didn’t think Samberg’s voice itself was bad, just that the material he’s given is often terrible. I’m surprised a few reviews said this was funnier than BL3- considering the vast scope of the whole fantasy universe, it’s a real miss for me.

Overall, I find it a lot more engaging to play than BL3- being able to use spells more often than grenades and mixing that up with melee gives it a real dynamic feel and encourages you to mix things up. The skill trees seem pretty basic compared to BL3 though, and I’m not convinced multi classes really make up for that.

The tighter levels are a lot more fun to play, and I’d be happy to see vehicles given the boot in the next entry if they’re nothing more than an excuse to make bigger, more empty maps.

I’m surprised it hasn’t had a proper patch though- the menu has tons of glitches and bits that obviously don’t work. For example, just found today that when you’re looking at items in the bank, the symbol showing you can’t use them totally covers the level requirement number! How the hell did that get past even the beta stage?

There are a few other weird things too- I reached max level with my first character on normal difficulty before completing the first run through, and I didn’t even do all the side quests. That seems very odd and unlike any other BL game. Also, the number of enemies you seem to fight at one time seems noticeably less than previous entries.

Mainlined MQ amd I got all the way to the Fearamid town and it told me I was too far below recommended level (24 vs 27. It would let me it but suggested not)

Time to go back and have some sidequests....or I might try and just do all these Overworld shrine things.

Really enjoying it. Between level 20 and 24 my character somehow gained cool looking armor (nothing I've equipped) and the Spellshot Capstone ability is insane. I've immediately respeced away from Int as a result, but feel my starting choice was now sub optimal :(

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

That's just Borderlands. It's more of a rock paper scissors kind of thing with shields, toxic damage, fire damage etc. The gunplay has never been exemplary, especially after games like Destiny 2 show it up so badly.

Yeah, i do not play Destiny anymore, but no game has beaten it in terms of gunplay. It is almost perfection.

And done quest at level 32. Feeling pretty gosh darn powerful.

All the side stuff still to do which I mostly certainly will as it's fun to play (although I could use some new spells).

I can't help but feel the original DLC did Fantasy and "Real" story better (when you realise the trauma Tiny is working through). The setting here didn't feel as imaginative as the DLC either (too much under the sea)

Still Spellshot/Graveborn is silly fun. There's no New Game+ just Chaos rooms (and boss refights). Possibly makes sense....much more diablo like.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...