IGNORED

Sony are AWOL then?

Ran

Sony haven't attended E3 for 3 years now but it looks like they're not even pushing out a direct style thing as they have done previously.

I assume they would have announced it by now if there was one and I'm a little surprised there hasn't been any mention of them not doing anything at all.

It is a shame I think, E3 time is Christmas time for me and I love the excitement around all the conferences and announcements (though the reality is usually much disappointment with glimmers of actual interest). At least we've already had the excellent full reveal of Elden Ring and I am looking forward to Microsofts conference.

If there is no Dragons Dogma 2 in the Capcom offering I will go postal though (pout like a gigantic baby).

Seems sensible to me. Huh shall we spunk out all our big news announcements during an arbitrarily set couple of days when they'll quickly be pushed out of the news cycle because every other fucker is also releasing big announcements left, right and centre or shall we make announcements when we can better control the level of coverage.

I think Sony have been really good at front loading their games for PS5 (in that they actually have some), Astro, Demons, Miles, Sackboy, Returnal, R&C, Destruction All Stars (GOAT), Strive (I guess thats a timed exclusive), and they feel next gen, are holding value and selling well, and driving console sales beyond supply to the mainstream audience and to nerds like us.

If Sony trails a bunch of showstoppers they only succeed in taking focus from them, and making their current games look 'past it' and deserving of price cuts. They can hold back, and do something later in the year, where it will be more effective. EDIT: (And by actually releasing those games, they'll have far less to show than microsoft, so why bother?)

Xbox has got to announce and release 6 or so exclusives before they reach level pegging, so let them.

Of course, if Xbox absolutely smash on GamePass (which i think Sony are massively underestimating) then they may regret hanging back.

14 minutes ago, Robo_1 said:

My guess is they'll have a big State Of Play stream to coincide with EA's showcase thing in July.

Hope so, wasn't trying to be a dick about this. I was expecting/hoping they would do something around the E3 season. It's not a big deal they aren't, I just selfishly love the overload of news at this time of year and am sad to see it change even a little.

Was hoping there were rumours / news that I'd missed.

Keighley said we'll hear more about the DS Director's Cut in a few weeks, which might be part of a presentation.

I think Sony will do one eventually, but as I've said in another thread, they already had over a year of game releases and State of Plays. They don't really need it. My guess is that they'll do one when they've locked down the Forbidden West release date. 

I'm not sure we'll ever see Sony at an E3 ever again.

They're probably in a lull between launch wave of games and whatever comes next year.   Hardware selling out as quick as they can make it so why spend millions doing e3 or pushing games out quick.