Forza Horizon 5 | November 9th 2021

Mr Do 71

9 hours ago, SMD said:

So just to be clear, there's no ultimate edition steel book physical release this time round? Just the standard retail and everything else is digital?

Seems so, which is disappointing because that's the version I'd want.

Quite refreshing not to see some crazy number of physical options. Maybe part of the reality of Game Pass is that it makes more sense for MS to make sure they're not trying to lure people into the physical route and enticing them to sub instead vs paying the digital purchase price.

I'm already subbed but Forza Horizon is the one franchise I buy the ultimate edition physically day one. I've gotten so much out of each entry, the value is ridiculous and I still go back to the old ones as well. It's so much fun to just bomb around a different map, though I really wish the others got 60fps patches too.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't wait to see what they can do when only working with the new consoles and PC.

If we eventually get a game in Japan it could be mind blowing. 

3 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

So many previews ........ must not watch.........aaarrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Indeed. Spoils the experience sometimes like the demos they used to make too. Not watching them either want to come to this fresh....

Watched the IGN one - they said they wouldn't say what happens at the end of one of the intro races.

Watched the 2nd one and they showed it all anyway :lol:

Ah well, my own fault for watching. No more videos for me until launch - really excited to finally play it on day 1. 

24 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah I stopped watching anything a couple of months back. Might be time to bail out of the thread too.

Think its a problem with the industry in general these days... things are hyped to the extreme - YouTube is full of content and people playing a game before release. By the time something actually gets released you feel like you've already played it. But then... these days it seems common that people watch YouTube videos of other people playing games... so what do I know.... :D 

Anyway 4 weeks today... :) Probably pick up an S today and get it pre-loaded ready. 

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Yeah I stopped watching anything a couple of months back. Might be time to bail out of the thread too.

Yep, I watched 30 seconds of that 'first 8 minutes' trailer then bailed as I don't want to spoil actually playing the intro.

The intro to FH4 was probably my favourite gaming moment last gen.

8 minutes ago, tobert said:

Are spoilers in racing games a thing now...?

Not really but with Forza Horizon its all about the experience and showcase events etc. 

I've stopped watching about any game I'm interested in TBH these days as it kind of spoils the experience of any game. Part of the excitement in games is progressing though it and feeling the magic as things unfold. Remember watching some Mario Odyssey footage before it was released and took a lot of the magic and surprises away from it.

That is why I hate YouTube previews etc. Don't need them IMHO. Just details of what will be in the game and let peoples imaginations do the rest...but then I'm old school I guess. It seems a game can fail these days before its even released. 

1 hour ago, Isaac said:

Yep, I watched 30 seconds of that 'first 8 minutes' trailer then bailed as I don't want to spoil actually playing the intro.

The intro to FH4 was probably my favourite gaming moment last gen.

I personally loved the FH2 intro.  Straight out Outrun vibes with the sun and blue skies.

I must be the most reserved about this. I’m sure the raving will be decent but it doesn’t look much different to 4 and I doubt they’ve done anything about the constant hipster screaming and unlocking of another pair of clown pants. If they got rid of all that shit I’d be more excited I think. 

1 minute ago, Pockets said:

I must be the most reserved about this. I’m sure the raving will be decent but it doesn’t look much different to 4 and I doubt they’ve done anything about the constant hipster screaming and unlocking of another pair of clown pants. If they got rid of all that shit I’d be more excited I think. 

We can but hope... but you can ignore that. Mostly*.

* Although winning pink hotpants in a some spins I was awarded grated a bit... adding clothes into the mix was a step too far for me at times... so largely ignored the wheelspins. Maybe we'll get pink ponchos and sombrero's this time... :D 

7 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

I personally loved the FH2 intro.  Straight out Outrun vibes with the sun and blue skies.

The second one is still my favourite mainly because of the locations... and the "Outrun" feel to it all.

20 hours ago, pinholestar said:

That Easy Allies video is all in Performance Mode too and it looks absolutely stunning. Playground Games are right up there with the most technically talented devs in the industry.

I can't wait to see the next Fable game running in the engine. 

I'll be interested to see how the performance will compare to FH4 being played on the same system, as I understand they've beefed things up a bit. I'd be happy with anything over 60fps, the main appeal for me is the new environment - always had a soft spot for more arid biomes, especially for driving.