Forza Horizon 5 | November 9th 2021

Mr Do 71

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

The seasons in 4 were great but you could still belt across fields in an Enzo no matter what the weather so they felt more like decorations. 

there is a recent mod for Assetto Corsa (quite hardcore sim) where you get a very Horizon-reminiscent island to belt around in all sorts of cars. It’s great, but did remind me of this past argument, because any time you stray off road in your shiny sports car, you end up wheelspinning around in circles failing to get anywhere. Maybe there is a middle ground, but definitely would not be fun to go far into accuracy. 

23 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Picked up the VIP / Expansion for this as I always end up buying them anyway. With the base being gamepass it didn't feel like a rip off for some reason :D

Anyway, roll on 5th Nov!

bought - 25 squid from the Brazil store. Well reminded!

44 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Picked up the VIP / Expansion for this as I always end up buying them anyway. With the base being gamepass it didn't feel like a rip off for some reason :D

Anyway, roll on 5th Nov!

I wasn't going to, I was going to pick it up on sale at some point. But I reckon I'll have £25 worth of Reward Points by the day before launch, so my resolve is crumbling... 

1 hour ago, ScouserInExile said:

I wasn't going to, I was going to pick it up on sale at some point. But I reckon I'll have £25 worth of Reward Points by the day before launch, so my resolve is crumbling... 

literally if there’s one DLC you can always rely on it’s FH. I was not a fan of Lego but can still appreciate how well authored it was. And Hot wheels/Storm Island et-al we’re the bomb.

16 minutes ago, Yoshimax said:

literally if there’s one DLC you can always rely on it’s FH. I was not a fan of Lego but can still appreciate how well authored it was. And Hot wheels/Storm Island et-al we’re the bomb.

Yeah, the last "Ultimate Edition" I bought was Mortal Kombat 11 and really felt ripped off. Going of previous iterations, I doubt this'll happen in this instance. 

Though my wife has pointed out that our bathroom is being removed the week before this is due out, so I'll be painting all that week. So I'm going to have to hang on for a week or two to even play this. 

1 minute ago, Shimmyhill said:

Did you buy direct from store or a code?

I had residual Brazil credit I had bought from Eneba - I’d used the other bit for Far Cry 6 (£35) always worth having some Brazil credit they’re almost always the second if not first cheapest option

50 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Yeah, the last "Ultimate Edition" I bought was Mortal Kombat 11 and really felt ripped off. Going of previous iterations, I doubt this'll happen in this instance. 

Though my wife has pointed out that our bathroom is being removed the week before this is due out, so I'll be painting all that week. So I'm going to have to hang on for a week or two to even play this. 

Fuck that, pay someone to do it. If you can't afford to sell something to pay someone to do it. A kidney, a child, anything. Fuck DIY.

54 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Fuck that, pay someone to do it. If you can't afford to sell something to pay someone to do it. A kidney, a child, anything. Fuck DIY.

Tempting, but:

For the first time in nearly 20 years of home owning, we're able to pay to get work like this done without borrowing money. There's enough to cover the revamp and somewhere for us to live while it's being done, but no more. We've actually set a budget and are sticking to it. 

And, when it was done last time, the fella who did it fucked it up to the point where the paint was peeling and looked shit after a few months. Going to do it properly myself this time around. 

Interesting. DF seem really sold on the 30fps quality mode. There’s no doubt it’s going to look incredible, but I do wonder if that’ll be enough to make 60fps performance mode unappealing, given both are running at 4K. I honestly don’t think things like a lower LOD are going to impact on my enjoyment vs the significant frame are boost. 

They specifically mention high input responsiveness as benefitting the quality mode. I’ll be honest, I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays myself. 

It's the post processing effects that make the real difference from the look of it. The 30fps mode has a really beautiful aesthetic that even on YouTube isn't there on the 60fps one.  

Looks amazing regardless of what you choose.

I’m definitely going to try the quality mode first and see if it’s a blurry mess. I did intend to play Rift Apart at 30fps for the added shinies but it felt so horrible even on an LG CX compared to the performance mode. Maybe it’ll just take a short period of adjustment to get used to it in FH5 after so much 60fps action on the new consoles recently.

4 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I skimmed though the video (as I find them quite tricky to watch all the way through) but I caught the line “Series S version is a mirror of the Series X”.

Amazing. Is that one mode in particular I assume?

Yeah. But S is 1080p locked. X is 4k. 

1 hour ago, Ry said:

Yeah. But S is 1080p locked. X is 4k. 

see, if MS come out and said 1080p60 is the *only* mode on SS, and it’s the same quality as perf mode on SX I’d be happy with that

but knowing that there’s a ”sacrifices” mode, and more still on the bone and boneX…

one game, 4 versions, it’s not a Whatever-beater, it’s in a fight with itself.