IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

You can get the required Bugatti in the forzathon shop, I did all of the events except the eliminator ones last night as I'm going away today, not really impressed with any of the events this week, not particular fun or inspired. I did like the trial cars and tracks but god the other players, ugh! Still managed it 3rd time around.

Does anyone have any advice they can give on setting up a G920 to work with this, preferably on PC? Got my lad one for Christmas, and every game is a wonderful experience except for FH5, which is like driving on ice regardless of road and weather conditions. We can't even take a stock MX5 for a nice drive without it losing traction on the easiest of long, gentle bends in the road :(

On 23/01/2022 at 07:35, Pelekophoros said:

Does anyone have any advice they can give on setting up a G920 to work with this, preferably on PC? Got my lad one for Christmas, and every game is a wonderful experience except for FH5, which is like driving on ice regardless of road and weather conditions. We can't even take a stock MX5 for a nice drive without it losing traction on the easiest of long, gentle bends in the road :(

I had a similar sounding problem with FH4, i think that was a bug that was eventually fixed.

13 hours ago, Varsity said:

Getting fucked over by the trial again this week, sounds about right considering the last 2 weeks I've got it in a couple goes -.-

I completed it first time this week but was really tight and probably helped by 2 back marker muppets dropping out after we lost the first race.

Some collisions are unavoidable but getting fed up with getting deliberately rammed by 'team mates'.  I was stopped almost dead against the wall after being side swiped and lost several places to drivatars; the twat doing it could easily have cost us the win as I only managed to catch up and pass one of the rivals afterwards and we only just won that race (by 50 points IIRC) 😡

49 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

Some collisions are unavoidable but getting fed up with getting deliberately rammed by 'team mates'.  I was stopped almost dead against the wall after being side swiped and lost several places to drivatars; the twat doing it could easily have cost us the win as I only managed to catch up and pass one of the rivals afterwards and we only just won that race (by 50 points IIRC) 😡

I feel that. This week's tracks have some real tight corners in and most of the time, as I'm slowing right down to get round em, my teammates all ram into me because none of them think to break and then like you say, the AI get away and all of us are at the back. Did get it done in the end but it took around 10 or so tries. There's also the people that deliberately go out of their way to ram you when you're attempting a clean overtake too....it's a damn team game!

Doesn't help when there's 1-3 people in dead last every race as well, still not sure whether that's disconnect issues or general ineptitude...

Just got daily challenges and PG games this week now and I'm done. Fingers crossed next week is fairly chill because if I get everything done again, I should get one of my final achievements. The completion is in sight now thank god....the DLC will have to really be something special for me to come back for it. 

The PG games ones are easily my least favourite, infected, king and flag are all just not fun to play. I don't think I've been on the winning team once, I know that I'm bad at all 3 but always seem to be in the losing team in the first match resulting in 1-3 team mates dropping out and from there it's a guaranteed loss for the series.  At least you only need to complete it, if you had to win it I'd be totally screwed.

2 minutes ago, Varsity said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan either tbh. I know it's considered bad sport but the last few weeks I've just been driving in laps round the map while it goes on because I cba to play it. 

🤣

My dad called me while I was part way through it this week so I spent the rest of the session occasionally tapping the accelerator so that I didn't get disconnected for inactivity.  I actually managed to get a flag block while doing so 😂

https://www.trueachievements.com/n47875/forza-horizon-5-festival-playlist-season-challenges-guide

If nothing is broken this week, this is the last week I need and then I can finally uninstall this and reclaim the HDD space >.< 

Big fingers crossed. 

That challenge for winning Horizon Open is a stinker...almost no chance in races/drifting etc so I'm gonna have to sit through more playground games until I get a win >.<

Sounds about right that we get to the final week and there's a buggy/incorrect challenge. 

The one for winning Horizon Open, you can't just win PG Games like usual...you need to actually be the top on your team for one of the games for it to count as a win......deep joy. 

Yeah I can’t describe how fucking annoying it is. I’ve diligently ticked off everything in the playlist for the first three weeks in the series (seeing as how for the first three months something or other was bugged and prevented completion) only for them to throw in an objective in the very last week that is out of reach for the majority of people. 🤬 It’s baffling.

I also thought the open challenge was to win a PG Games, but I was put in a 6 versus 2 match (guess what team I was on) and were thrashed, but I did get the most flag denials and stolen crowns from both teams and the challenge popped. Fair enough having this challenge in the list, but putting it in the last week when people have spent the previous three weeks putting the effort in to get 100% leaves a bad taste. At least put these type of challenges in the first week so people can decide whether to pursue the full season.

Also enjoying my time at the top of the club hall of fame (until peon21 knocks me off again 😁)!

I got it done in the end by having the most time alive in Survival, after having been top in previous games in flag caps as well, and with the trial done as well I'm hopeful I can finally 100% it on Thursday and be done with it. 

55 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

Finally, it is done. 🙏 Pure luck that half the opposing team quit so it was easy to rack up flag scores. I’ll be so glad to be rid of this fucking achievement after months of toil. 

You and me both lol. Fingers crossed it unlocks though! Nothing would surprise me given how they bungled the previous seasons. 

I was actually on the winning team in playground games last night! We were a 5 up against a 6 too so especially satisfying.  Best I personally did was second though so no horizon open challenge for me.

Think I've spotted a new, at least to me, bug as well.  I've twice recently started the game up and had the most recent forzathon daily challenges mark themselves as complete even though I hadn't actually done them.

Happened with the "Complete a Challenge Card in Freeroam" one this season and the "smash a taco cart" one last season.

Doesn't happen every time but I've deffo had it at least twice.  I did wonder if I'd perhaps completed it without it triggering and its was just popping up 'late' on next reload but don't think that was the case.

Just now, StumpyJohn said:

Think I've spotted a new, at least to me, bug as well.  I've twice recently started the game up and had the most recent forzathon daily challenges mark themselves as complete even though I hadn't actually done them.

Happened with the "Complete a Challenge Card in Freeroam" one this season and the "smash a taco cart" one last season.

Doesn't happen every time but I've deffo had it at least twice.

Yeah, I've had that happen as well.

What’s the single player game like in this? I first played FH2 and really liked the “head to this region next, where you’re in a three race Class C Rally Car series” etc sort of structure, which gradually got looser and looser until the “it’s all individual races you can do in any order in any car you like” of the last one, which is just rubbish as far as I’m concerned.

If it’s anything like the former I’ll probably cave and buy an S with this, but the latter and I’ll keep holding out until it’s finally possibly to buy X in about nine years time.

12 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

It's Forza Horizon 4 in Mexico. You'll hate it.

Thanks. It’s still enjoyable enough and I’ll eventually put 50 hours odd into it, but stops it being a console seller for me.

New patch out

Spoiler

Game Stability

Miscellaneous stability, memory, and performance fixes

A crash could occur when the game was installed at a path that was too long (Steam only). An error message will now appear instead.

Fixed a bug that could block progress on Horizon Stories, with later chapters not unlocking despite meeting their requirements

Fixed a crash that can occur when deleting a Rival Notification in the Message Center

Multiplayer

Various fixes for server stability and bandwidth optimisation to improve the reliability of all online game modes

Players will no longer lose their Skill Chain when they disconnect from Horizon Life

Fixed an issue that would prevent friends from appearing in the Online Player list

Fixed the Online Player list displaying the incorrect car and player level for other players in the session

Fixed an issue where Horizon Arcade "Stay with the group" message could get stuck on screen after the event finishes

Fixed a bug that could cause the "Finding a Session" notification to persist on screen

Fixed an issue where the car names may not appear in the Online Player list

Fixed a bug that could cause the Horizon Tour matchmaking HUD to display when matchmaking for the Trial

Players will now be placed at the Horizon Tour sign up location after their tour is complete

Added an on-screen message when matchmaking into Horizon Open

Prevent invites via LINK while in the Horizon Open session, waiting for the next event to start

Fixed a bug that could cause Horizon LINK invites to exclude the event type

Players can no longer accept LINK invites to PR stunts they have not unlocked

LINK can now be used to join a Seasonal Championship

Fixed a bug that allowed more than 6 players to enter a co-op event via LINK

Players can now respond "Thanks <Gamertag>" after being sent "Good Luck" via LINK

Prevented the Horizon Adventure screen from appearing during Horizon Arcade events

Added audio cues to the Mini Mission HUD in Horizon Arcade

Updated Horizon Arcade messaging when quitting the session

Fixed a bug that could cause the Mini Mission HUD to stay on screen once the round was complete

The Pinata Streak Bonus in Horizon Arcade now scales with player count

Group Waypoint will now be cleared if set to a Horizon Arcade event that closes

Group Waypoints are now removed when the player is no longer part of a convoy

Fixed a bug that would prevent players from accessing the map in Eliminator

Fixed a visual glitch with the sky, that can occur in Eliminator during a season change

All players will now see all Horizon Outposts during Eliminator, regardless of whether they have unlocked them yet

In Eliminator, if a player disconnects after you challenge them you are now considered to have won the challenge, rather than lose it

Fixed inconsistency in Team names in the end of race leaderboard

Wheel Compatibility

Fixed missing rumble on Wheel input devices on PC

Fixed a bug that could cause the player to get stuck in Change Input Mapping settings after changing input for a Steering Wheel

Fixed a bug that could cause FFB to be lost on the Logitech G920 after suspending the title

Added wheel mapping for Hori Force Feedback Wheel

Addressed a bug that would prevent some handbrake peripherals from working consistently

Exploits

Rebalanced some Car Mastery tables to remove exploit loops. This will refund player's Skill Points on any affected cars. 

Fixed an exploit which allowed players to earn Skill Points whilst AFK

Fixed an exploit with Wheelspins

PC

Improved the distance texture quality when running the Ultra quality setting on PC

Improved the foliage quality when running the Ultra quality setting on PC

Turning off screen effects now turns off chromatic aberration

Fixed chromatic aberration becoming too extreme with ultra-wide resolutions

The Limit Frame Rate option now works as expected

Fixed a bug that caused longer loading times on PC when the framerate was unlocked

Adjustments were made to the Target Hardware Profiler to better select the correct graphical preset

Cars

Fixed hole near wiper on Zenvo ST1

Fixed car reflectors clipping with rear bumper Toyota Arctic Cruiser

Fixed Toyota Celica where applying JSP Motorsport Sport Rear Wing flips vinyls upside down

Fixed Lamborghini Espada broken textures on wipers

Added missing ForzaVista pins on Jaguar XJ220S

Fixed Jaguar XJ13 cockpit cameras being too dark

Addressed cockpit camera being too dark for convertibles when the roof was down

Fixed rear brake position on Hoonigan Porsche 911 which was causing clipping issues

Fixed collision on Reliant Stabilisers

Fixed AO on the back of the Can-Am Maverick

Fixed Trial - Street Front Bumper being overly dark

Added new engine audio for the Pagani Zonda Cinque.

Accolades

Fixed the 'Stay Frosty' and 'Shopping Spree' Accolade unlocks

Fixed Proof Positive, Canyon Statue and Statues beneath Blue Water in El Camino not unlocking for some players

Fixed the Horizon Arcade accolades which required you to complete a specific Arcade type, not unlocking when it was the third round of a Horizon Arcade

Fixed some Rival accolades unlocking without beating the Rival ghost

Fixed some Rival accolades not unlocking when racing a P2P event

The 'Jump to Reward' option in the Accolades menu will now take you to the accolade, rather than the category

EventLab

Previously created routes can now be edited

Difficulty bonus payouts from EventLab now scales with the number of Drivatars in the event

Players can now add and edit checkpoints when using Route Creator at a Street Race location

Players can now search EventLab events by keyword

Editing a text string in EventLab (such as notification text) will no longer delete what is already there

Added a "2020s" car restriction option

Added Chinese car restriction option

The flask poster icon (indicating custom rules) will now appear correctly after publishing the event

Fixed up some assets that were missing collision

Tooltip added for the "Add Rule" pill

EventLab events can now be started via LINK

Additional EventLab creations will be surfaced at all activation points

Fixed a bug that caused surfaced EventLab events from being duplicated on the event select menu

Crowd will no longer disappear after quitting EventLab event creation

Festival Playlist

Fixed an issue where Seasonal Championships wouldn't complete if the player changed difficulty settings on the Pre-Race menu

Players can now match make into an Horizon Open event directly from the Horizon Open tile on the Festival Playlist

Prevented progress on the Festival Playlist Weekly Challenge being reset after the user experiences a server error

Fixed a bug that caused PR stunts to disappear after the weekly season change

'Weekly Challenges Completed' stat was fixed to show the number of completed challenges, rather than chapters

Seasonal Collectible challenge progress will now persist between boots of the game

Treasure chests and seasonal collectibles are no longer counted towards the Bonus Board collection stats

Players must now take part in a complete Horizon Arcade (complete 3 rounds or all 10 minutes) in order to complete the Festival Playlist challenge

The Weekly Challenge will no longer show incorrect progress towards its chapters when driving a car that does not meet its requirements

Other

Added simplified Chinese Voice Over

Fixed a bug that would allow users to redeem multiple manufacturer rewards from the Car Collection screen

Some items in the Forzathon Shop will now only be purchasable a limited number of times

Livery Editor's default scaling option has been changed to 'non-uniform', in line with previous titles

Added "Mobil" decal to the Livery Editor

Head to Head challenges in Freeroam are now cancelled if the opposing player gets too far away before accepting the challenge

Fixed several instances of overlapping text in some languages on the Tuning screen

A new option has been added to the Video settings screen to open the HDR system calibration app (console only)

Voice over that plays when finishing a Super7 event is no longer cancelled when returning to the Super7 screen

Prevented users from being able to erroneously publish Super7 events with both props and traffic enabled

Fixed a bug that caused controller rumble and haptics to be lost after exiting during Horizon Open signup

Improved car shadowing when entering tunnels

Fixed a bug where players sometimes couldn't make progress on V10 Horizon Story if they earned 3 stars in a previous chapter.

Fixed some text overlapping on the Race Scoreboard in some languages

The game will now show an explanation popup when trying to select exclusive emotes or clothing, rather than a marketplace error

Players will no longer be announced as the winner after quitting and losing to the selected rival

Notifications showing the CR earned in an event will now show after all events, when returning to Freeroam

Fixed a bug that would remove car control from the player if they switched cars while changing the convertible roof state

Fixed a bug when rewinding on the finish line in Rivals, causing an impossibly fast lap time

2 hours ago, Anjin said:

New patch out

Exploits

Rebalanced some Car Mastery tables to remove exploit loops. This will refund player's Skill Points on any affected cars. 

I now have 999 skill points to spend which must be from this as I had no more than 100 before.  The super wheelspin seems to have been removed from a load of cheap cars, the firebird trans am gta now has forza points in that slot for example.  It was hardly an exploit in the first place, buying cheap cars to use up skill points on.  Also no way have I done anywhere near 900 points worth of 'buying' super spins so they must have nurfed and refunded a whole load of skill mastery stuff.

Oh and just noticed that super spins are way less super now, there are loads and loads more very small credit 'prizes' in them 🤬

Not sure if its patch related but I discovered 2 new regions since updating it, I have now found 58 of 56 🤪