Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

It was a special pack designed around a Hot Wheels custom built Hot Rod competition of one off cars built by maniacs.

I bought it because I like chucking a few quid at games where I get hundreds of hours of fun out of them. The cars were quite fun to drive too.

2 minutes ago, SeanR said:

I was talking about the first video, NOT the trailer? You’re so defensive. 

REREAD. WHAT. I. WROTE. 

no one talks like that, listen to the section with the piñata mini game again.

fucking hell.

If you don't use adequate vocabulary to get your point across it can be misinterpreted as the ramblings of a halfwit. You only have yourself to blame.

Got you on ignore so don't bother replying to me.

24 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Looks great

21 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

If it looks awful at least explain what is so awful  about it then we can engage in some discussion.

stupid cunt. 

Yeah, Boozy, he said it looks great, but the video is awful. His vocabulary is fine; your reading comprehension ... not so much.

This game does look genuinely great though, and it's an absoluter stunner that completely blows FH4 away. 

This will be a day-one for me, the Forza Horizon and Motorsport games were, along with Rare Replay, the only games that made the Bone worth purchasing.  That won't be the case this generation with the studio acquisitions.

Mexico is a great choice.

2 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I never really figured out how to play Forza Horizon 4 - it was my first Forza since Motorsport 2 on the 360, and I didn't realise that it was essentially an MMO, or GaaS game. Visually, this looks amazing, so I'm hoping being there to play it from the beginning will mean that I 'get' it more.

Yes indeed. Lots of things to do in 4 it's overwhelming at times. The filter on the map is a useful tool!

Having the Series X around is a lifeline for my aging PC which is roughly it's equivalent in terms of it being a 1080p box.

As impressive as the shinies will be on the Series X and higher end PCs the core game will he running fine at 1080p for me in sufficient detail. Really looking forward to playing this.

Surprised the main Forza Motorsport franchise didn't get a shout.... Might be a surprise news drop later in the year. @Boozy The Clown wonder if they'll add a VR mode to either of these games on the PC?! ;)

Motorsport and Turn 10 got a wee mention at the end of the show. Showing both off at the same time would just muddy the waters and based on the responses in the main thread there's a whole bunch of dumbfucks on this forum who don't understand basic information or are so wired to shit on xbox that I can't blame the show organisers for showing what they did and how they did.

My mates got a crazy theory about VR coming to Xbox that involves a collaboration between Valve and Microsoft to produce a high end  wireless Oculus competitior but I don't see it happening for a few years due to a lack of high end software for VR and MS prioritising gamepass and their current strategy.

Phil has stated in the past that they won't be pursuing VR until it's fully wireless and much less bulky. Bide your time. I've waited 10 years to get to where we are today

8 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

The Premium DLC Bundle is £39.99, £35.99 with 10% for Gamepass subscribers. 

Premium version of the game is £84.99

Deluxe Version is £69.99

Standard version is £54.99  

Premium Version includes the game, 2 Expansions, A car pass ( 50 cars), A welcome pack ( 5 pre tuned cars, a house, 3 common or rare clothing items) and a VIP Membership( 3 Forza Edition cars, Crown flair/ A crown next to your name to show you bought the daft version, Vanity items Emote and Car Horn, double credit race rewards weekly bonus wheelspin rewards and more)  4 days early access.

Deluxe version includes the game & Car Pass ( 50 cars)

Oooffffff same as the last one then.

I’ll use my points on the Premium DLC bundle, use a £25 gift card to get it down to £10.99.

9 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

The Premium DLC Bundle is £39.99, £35.99 with 10% for Gamepass subscribers. 

Premium version of the game is £84.99

Deluxe Version is £69.99

Standard version is £54.99  

Premium Version includes the game, 2 Expansions, A car pass ( 50 cars), A welcome pack ( 5 pre tuned cars, a house, 3 common or rare clothing items) and a VIP Membership( 3 Forza Edition cars, Crown flair/ A crown next to your name to show you bought the daft version, Vanity items Emote and Car Horn, double credit race rewards weekly bonus wheelspin rewards and more)  4 days early access.

Deluxe version includes the game & Car Pass ( 50 cars)

Oooffffff same as the last one then.

Presumably, this will be day one on Game Pass? So I'd only need the dlc? 

I haven't made it into current gen, but might later I the year. I'll need to buy the dlc twice, won't I? 

9 hours ago, TehStu said:

I bought the $100 ultimate FH4, which still didn't come with all the car packs, and I'd recommend you don't bother unless you absolutely must cane it as soon as possible. By the time the dlc was released, they were starting to feature in sales (or thereabouts).

Pace yourself, do sales.

Yeah, I have really bad FOMO, but I was stung by both FH4 almost immediately putting the dlc on sale and MK11 going "oh you bought the Ultimate version, did you? Well that's not the actual Ultimate version, we're realising a More Ultimate version now". So I think I'm going to hold off actually paying for anything for a while. 

10 minutes ago, ScouserInExile said:

Presumably, this will be day one on Game Pass? So I'd only need the dlc? 

I haven't made it into current gen, but might later I the year. I'll need to buy the dlc twice, won't I? 

Yep, the base game is day one on Game Pass, you'd only need to buy the DLC, either as a season pass or as and when each piece of DLC is released.

Don't see how you'd need to buy it twice - the DLC is tied to the game, not the platform. So if you bought the DLC on an Xbox One and then upgraded you wouldn't need to buy it again, provided you kept the same Xbox Live account.

I'll do what I did with FH4: buy the DLC bundle day one, play the game and the DLC on Gamepass and wait for the base game to get reduced to a pittance before it's delisted (FH3 was about £5 for the base game the week it was delisted) before buying that. 

12 hours ago, layten said:

I really hope the Xbone version is it's own thing like the 360 version of FH2.

There's no indication of that. I don't think it matters TOO much with Horizon, physics were never its main thing but FM (and I've been saying the same about GT7) it would be a huge mistake.

26 minutes ago, Dudley said:

There's not indication of that. I don't think it matters TOO much with Horizon, physics were never its main thing but FM (and I've been saying the same about GT7) it would be a huge mistake.

It’s certainly disappointing with GT7, it’s wait and see what happens with PS5 version I suppose. I’m disappointed with FH too though, probably more, the one game that could have tipped me towards a Series X but watching the cars race along rivers and off-road on surfaces that look as smooth as tarmac just makes the game feel like another re-skin. I think Dirt 5 has done a better job in that regard.

12 hours ago, scoobysi said:

I kind of agree and gave up with FH after 3. What I want from a FH is a cross between Forza, WRC and MotorStorm where vehicles are impacted by the environments more. I want to feel deep ruts off road, rocks and such in river beds, get bogged down in the sand with the wrong vehicle. Routes that can only be effectively travelled in certain vehicle types. I want a more realistic game but I suppose that’s not what FH is. The world looks fantastic though.

That was my view on FH4 too. I loved the game, but the only major problem with it was the way the way that you could drive a Lamborghini Diablo over a freshly ploughed field in heavy rain with very little loss of speed. It would be great if vehicles had more defined roles, and if terrain had more effect on cars. It wouldn't need to turn into Snowrunner, but it'd add a new dimension, and it'd make the world feel a bit more textured and differentiated.

2 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Love the setting. While I enjoy FH4 driving round little dry brick walls and cottages never did it for me.

See i was the complete opposite - one of the reasons i liked Forza 4 so much was cause it was set in england. I can relate to the surroundings unlike every other game set in the USA.

6 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

See i was the complete opposite - one of the reasons i liked Forza 4 so much was cause it was set in england. I can relate to the surroundings unlike every other game set in the USA.

See, I’m usually like that and I was like that with Metropolis Street Racer. I just find FH4 a bit genteel.

Having said that I’ve only just opened up Edinburgh, and had great fun driving off to find my old flat off Princes Street.

24 minutes ago, K said:

That was my view on FH4 too. I loved the game, but the only major problem with it was the way the way that you could drive a Lamborghini Diablo over a freshly ploughed field in heavy rain with very little loss of speed. It would be great if vehicles had more defined roles, and if terrain had more effect on cars. It wouldn't need to turn into Snowrunner, but it'd add a new dimension, and it'd make the world feel a bit more textured and differentiated.

Yes I agree with this. There's quite a lot of emphasis on extreme off-roading in FH these days but I've never enjoyed that element of the game as much (rallying aside, I love the rallying). Yet I love off-roading in other games. I feel like the buggies and other proper off-road vehicles should be bouncing around a tumbling more. I like that feeling of being right on the edge of going into a massive barrel-roll, like you get in Wreckfest. Whereas in FH you tend to just glide over terrain as if it's not much different to tarmac.

3 hours ago, djbhammer said:

I wasn't as impressed with that. I think some of it has to do with the 4k video still looking murky and crap, but when they say "this isn't real" I wasn't as shocked. In practice with the actual game running, the lighting doesn't look as good. 

Also, UI Fail! Why not just cover my eyes while I'm driving?!?!

fh5ui.png.138068d03cc12cc10914c2ad21efe3a8.png

Edit: Still looks good and I'll still be daft enough to get all the DLC and probably end up buying the full game despite having game pass on the off chance it ever leaves. 

39 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

Also, UI Fail! Why not just cover my eyes while I'm driving?!?!

fh5ui.png.138068d03cc12cc10914c2ad21efe3a8.png

Developers have been doing this for decades, why do they persist in doing it?

13 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Are you charged for digital pre-orders straight away?

Are you collecting Microsoft Points? You might want to wait until they’re offering 6000 points.

44 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

I don’t bother with the reward stuff.

What have you done? You'll start someone off about it!  ... it might have been me if I weren't busy

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Forza Horizon 5