IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

1 minute ago, HarryBizzle said:

You may have also missed out on the Car Pass, which I think is more important. I think you can refund it without going through support, and then buy the full one.

VIP:

Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership features exclusive rewards that give your game a boost and make you stand out at the Horizon Festival. VIPs receive 3 Exclusive Forza Edition cars, Crown Flair, Vanity Items, Emote and Car Horn, gift Player House, 2x Credit race rewards, weekly bonus Super Wheelspins, and more. VIP Membership can be purchased separately and is included with Premium Edition and Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

Car Pass:

Get 42 extra cars at one low price! The Car Pass will deliver 34 new cars to your game weekly, one per week. As a bonus, you’ll also receive 8 Formula Drift Cars to get you started. All cars included in the Car Pass grant you a one-time only, free addition of each car to your game garage, with no additional in-game credit cost. The Car Pass is included with Deluxe and Premium Editions, and the Premium Add-Ons Bundle.

I had a look for a refund but the option wasn't available in my purchase history.

I will just wait until Tuesday :)

...or presumably Monday if I set my machine to NZ?

6 minutes ago, Pob said:

Do people tend to generally drive stock cars, or tune them up? In FH4 I always tended to buy a highly-rated tune to make it top of its default class but I'm wondering if I was making everything feel the same by doing that. But if you don't tune, are your cars going to be competitive in online and seasonal events....

I tend to tune them, but only within the performance rating they are as stock. So I'll never make a class B car into a A for example.

2 minutes ago, layten said:

I tend to tune them, but only within the performance rating they are as stock. So I'll never make a class B car into a A for example.

Yeah, that's what I always did in FH4. It made each car feel good and be super-competitive within its class, which meant I had to bump the AI up to near it's top level most of the time. I'm just wondering if that's the best approach for getting the variety of driving experiences.

11 minutes ago, MattyP said:

What thought people liked pink hotpants and car horns... :D 

Look, I'm not going to deny I might have an excellent lamè shimmer jacket, watermelon shirt and deep red DMs on FH4 and I'm not going to deny I love me that sweet useless cosmetic shininess bit at least separate it from the cars :(

7 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Look, I'm not going to deny I might have an excellent lamè shimmer jacked, watermelon shirt and deep red DMs on FH4 and I'm not going to deny I love me that sweet useless cosmetic shininess bit at least separate it from the cars :(

Think people need to post up their wackiest Forza avatars up here! :D 

How do I turn the volcano on? I know it’ll be one of the things my son will be looking forwards to seeing the most. 

I noticed car vouchers are back in this, I have one voucher so presumably it’s worth using on on of the most expensive cars. 

28 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Think people need to post up their wackiest Forza avatars up here! :D 

Since almost day one my fh4 guy has been in a beige turtleneck, white leather jacket and a flatcap, and imo looks almost exactly like the kind of tosspot I'd expect to find hosting this sort of event irl. Perfect.

I've disabled all of the car assists from the start, if you do that I find it much better in that if you've never had them on in the first place you don't miss them and get used to it all pretty quick. Also whacked up the ai skill to the one above "above average". That usually means (for me) races are very close and sometimes take 2 or more attempts to win, which is fine, as every race I've had is so good I've no problem having to race it again. Also helps you learn the courses.

Edit - also manual gears all the way. I was an Auto guy up til Forza 3. Tried manual on the advice of @Meers I think, and after struggling for a couple of races, it quickly became second nature and it does make a difference to how much you can get out of any particular car, in my experience.

Yeah I've got assists off and simulation steering on, but I think I've made a mistake there as I believe it's better to have that switched off using the joypad. I must admit I'm finding it a little bit more difficult than past games. I'm sure I usually go for the one above "above average" as well. But above average setting is kicking my arse at the moment. 

16 minutes ago, multi said:

Edit - also manual gears all the way. I was an Auto guy up til Forza 3. Tried manual on the advice of @Meers I think, and after struggling for a couple of races, it quickly became second nature and it does make a difference to how much you can get out of any particular car, in my experience.

I may very well have! 😅

But I have to confess that nowadays, I only use manual gears (and no assists) on the PC sims with my wheel. When I'm on controller, I have all assists on and auto gears. 😉

30 minutes ago, SteveH said:

Yeah I've got assists off and simulation steering on, but I think I've made a mistake there as I believe it's better to have that switched off using the joypad. I must admit I'm finding it a little bit more difficult than past games. I'm sure I usually go for the one above "above average" as well. But above average setting is kicking my arse at the moment. 

Agree on the simulation setting. I think I read somewhere that's its best used with a steering wheel?

21 minutes ago, cavalcade said:

I spent ages getting the G290 to work on FH4 with good settings - do they carry across automatically to FH5? Or are the default settings much improved over 4 (which I found virtually uncontrollable until I'd made massive changes). 

I don't think they do. The FH series isn't renowned for its steering wheel settings / feedback / stuff because it's designed with a controller in mind (hence you spent ages to get the G920 to work with it, I had the same with my fanatec CSL). The Motorsport series has the steering wheel part sorted much better.

6 minutes ago, multi said:

Agree on the simulation setting. I think I read somewhere that's its best used with a steering wheel?

Simulation steering should be avoided at all times (also in FM7) even with a steering wheel, because it feels nowhere near 'simulated'. Normal steering all the time mate.

2 hours ago, Boothjan said:

Does anyone else think the off road events in particular feel quite a lot better than in 4?  The cars just seem to handle better.

Definitely. I think the tracks are better too, feel more like designed off road tracks than just random stuff. Banked turns through the forest and all that.

Oh and driving a Corvette Stingray through a swamp is suitably ridiculous.

I haven't set my wheel up yet mind.

5 hours ago, footle said:

if you’ve played a previous game it might be picking it up from there; or it might just be doing a lookup on your first name against some other bit of data it can access. Certainly I wasn’t asked.

I was asked! And it actually had my name which it didn't before.

Made an error when setting up my character - it imported my name, but when it said to choose a voice, I thought it meant the announcer.  So I chose the female voice.

So to see the cut scenes now is rather amusing when my male avatar starts speaking with a woman's voice.

Might it keep it actually.

3 hours ago, Mortis said:

i assume that won’t work till it unlock on game pass - so it will only be cheevos unlocked from the 9th (please no more moaning from the early access issues people)

Its worked fine for a friend. I just think rewards are fucked for me this month as the 2000 is not working even though i have done everything (its the co-op 500 thats fucking it)

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Forza Horizon 5