IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

Ooo, Mexico map will be 1.5x the size of the UK one. This sounds like a really cool setting. I know we were sorta pining for drifting down a Tokyo mountain, but I'm not sure the general terrain would be as diverse.

Now I'm wondering what setting they'll choose for DLC for this.

2 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Now I'm wondering what setting they'll choose for DLC for this.

Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul tie in. Get your chicken van over the border.

Recently the first DLC has been a tech test for the next game and the 2nd one batshit.

So... The home counties of the UK to test their "Gigantic fucking pothole" engine for FH6.

and a specific Micro Machines DLC set in the home of a kid trying to recreate the Horizon Festival.

33 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Micro Machines

26 minutes ago, Thor said:

a Transformers tie-in would be pretty good. 

Well shit guys, now I'm absurdly excited for a DLC that's probably a year out. Cheers 😛

5 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Its just a placeholder. The store lets you install a 280Mb file for the standard edition.

Yeah but surely between now and then you'll end up downloading many times over that as the build is updated before release. I get preloading when it's close to release, just wonder what the point is quite this far out - it seems like you'll just end up having to deal with even more downloading. or is it just about reserving the disc space?

It’s not downloading anything bar an installer stub - the full game will only install in full when it’s released for preload. It takes up 230Mb until probably early November. 

I think you have to mentally filter that out. Off the top of my head, I can think of Anthem, The Division 2 and Sea of Thieves that did the same thing. So sanitized it feels like in-game audio. I don't know what the alternative is, so it's probably better just not to fake multiplayer chat.

Didn't see it mentioned, but they have said that Series X is 4K 30FPS and Series S is 1080P 30FPS with a 60FPS option for both consoles. Is the Xbox One version holding it back? I'm NOT complaining, just passing on the information :) 

Looks ace.

I built a little app (https://fh4.ooer.com/) to track what cars I owned in FH4 so I could hop on auctions without needing to check my garage to see if I owned something already. It still gets a few thousand visitors every month even now. If FH5 doesn't have anything built in then I'll have to update it. It'd be really helpful if Playground would make an official list of all the cars...

1 hour ago, SteveH said:

Didn't see it mentioned, but they have said that Series X is 4K 30FPS and Series S is 1080P 30FPS with a 60FPS option for both consoles. Is the Xbox One version holding it back? I'm NOT complaining, just passing on the information :) 

FAQ here.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4402249796243-Forza-Horizon-5-Announce-FAQ

Surprised the X version is not 4K 60 tbh as FH4 is. Perhaps it will come later.

On 13/06/2021 at 13:38, TehStu said:

I mean this just looked absolutely insane. Ray tracing for Forza Vista mode is a thoughtful touch.

4 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

Is it just FUD or is it true that Horizon 5 only has raytracing on ForzaVista (Photomode) ??? 

Correct, page 1 of this thread.

I went looking for more discussion but I think it actually occurred in the E3 presentation thread itself. The jist of what I said there was that given we know there's a performance hit, and that they've obviously dialed up the shiny for 5 anyway, sticking to Forzavista for RT kinda makes sense. I suppose this is the byproduct of AMD's less established solution, although Xbox gets their answer to DLSS at some point so who knows.

Just now, CrichStand said:

Ah right! Why did the briefing and all the footage imply it’s in game 4k 60fps then? Seems a bit suspect.

Can you link me to a YouTube timestamp? I recall no implication.

2 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Can you link me to a YouTube timestamp? I recall no implication.

The official trailer says “all in-game 4k footage” in the bottom corner and pretty sure the briefing had “captured in game 4k running on Series X”. 

I was well impressed that it was doing 4k 60fps with those visuals. Now it sounds like it was carefully worded marketing bullshit and it’s actually 4K 30fps. What resolution will it run at when in performance mode? 

Also, not played Forza since the 360 days. What’s Forza Vista? 

1 minute ago, CrichStand said:

The official trailer says “all in-game 4k footage” in the bottom corner and pretty sure the briefing had “captured in game 4k running on Series X”. 

I was well impressed that it was doing 4k 60fps with those visuals. Now it sounds like it was carefully worded marketing bullshit and it’s actually 4K 30fps. What resolution will it run at when in performance mode? 

Also, not played Forza since the 360 days. What’s Forza Vista? 

So the inference was yours, roger that.

This was posted a few posts back

Q: How does Forza Horizon 5 perform on Xbox Series X|S?

A: On Xbox Series X Forza Horizon 5 will feature 4K resolution at 30fps, on Xbox Series S Forza Horizon 5 will play at 1080p resolution at 30fps. Both platforms will feature a performance mode that runs at 60fps.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/4402249796243-Forza-Horizon-5-Announce-FAQ

On 13/06/2021 at 22:10, Boozy The Clown said:

You can also expect powerful, all-new graphical features like HDR captures of the vibrant Mexican sky, sweeping vistas, and an unparalleled attention to detail. Available in 4K 30 FPS on the Xbox Series X (1080p 30 FPS on Xbox Series S) with an optional 60 FPS performance mode, and ray tracing added to cars in Forzavista, you will be immersed in the open world of Horizon like never before.

It doesn't state the resolution of the 60fps mode (Series X only). So likely 1080p but they'll be trying to push it to 1440p. I'm assuming its built on the FH4 engine/tech and until Turn 10 get to grips with the new engine we won't see Ray Tracing or 4K60 on next gen consoles in a Forza game.

edit : 60fps on Series S too impressive wee box that. In that case I suggest they aren't stating 60fps resolutions because they know the internet will jump all over that shit in an attempt to smear the game.

Just now, TehStu said:

So the inference was yours, roger that.

This was posted a few posts back

Jesus, why are people so tetchy over a lump of plastic that plays games! It’s insane! The footage clearly implies its running 4k 60fps and what it would look like on your screen running on Series X. I was all “holy shit, proper 4k 60fps. Look how clean the image is. Looks fucking mint”! Thing is, it’s not going to actually look like that if it’s running 4k 30fps or 1440p or whatever 60fps etc. Seems like they’ve massaged the truth a bit in the presentation. I hate that kind of stuff. Sooner they’re just straight up about it. 

Definitely glad I didn’t get a Series S now if it’s only 1080p 30fps. Surely that means it could possibly be 720p 60fps in performance mode? 

Anyway, yeah, the way people react to stuff on here.......they don’t seem to realise, it could actually put people off buying a PS5, Xbox, Switch whatever, if the folk that already own them act like fannies when someone’s asking genuine questions about them.

4 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

It doesn't state the resolution of the 60fps mode (Series X only). So likely 1080p but they'll be trying to push it to 1440p. I'm assuming its built on the FH4 engine/tech and until Turn 10 get to grips with the new engine we won't see Ray Tracing or 4K60 on next gen consoles in a Forza game.

What’s Forzavista?

• Mr Do 71 changed the title to Forza Horizon 5