IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

53 minutes ago, Darren said:

I’m completely addicted to this already but I’m still baffled by the menus, the different categories of things to do, and the apparently infinite number of icons it throws all over the map. But I think I’m probably ok just ignoring everything I don’t understand.

Although if someone could explain the Festival Playlist and how I do anything on it I’d be grateful. I seem to have done one part of one challenge already but I can’t seem to even select any of the others.

I'm the same now, at first I thought they'd streamlined things a bit more and the number of icons was manageable and I was getting through the races with new ones being unlocked, now I am utterly swamped and have no idea what I'm "meant" to be doing if anything in particular! 

Gonna try and get through what's available right now without doing any new chapters and see if I can clear some of the icons

The temple area was gorgeous. The swamp/forest area at night too with all the little lights dotted around.

The thought of what Fable could look like with no last-gen versions to consider and no worrying about rendering visuals at 200mph is absolutely mouth-watering.

I have noticed difficulty can be determined big time by your car. 

I have won about 90% of my races on highly skilled but there are some cars that even if you have them maxed out number wise to the respective class you can't compete. This has been rare but it does happen. 

I have a routine of trying a new car and going into Tune and just downloading one someone else has made that suits. 

Some races and tracks are suited to a certain style. You might have a brilliantly quick and great handling S2 that doesn't have out and out top speed (I'm thinking of the beetle you unlock in stories or the welcome batmobile looking car), but if you are against S2 Sennas and Konigseggs on road races you will get smashed, as they have long fast roads.

On the other hand you might destroy them on twisty street races. 

It's all about picking the car that is right for the job. Especially is you are picking S1 and S2.  

1 hour ago, Halo said:

This is very good but is firmly a sequel to Forza Horizon 4, another very good game, with some refinements rather than anything really new.

Of course it is.

What it does have is a new, and more diverse, environment.

Plus all the stuff they added to FH4 after launch.
And a progression structure, even if it swiftly gets lost in the icons.

and something more in eventlab, but I doubt any of us have looked at that yet.

I don’t actually have a clue what they could add to it, that wouldn’t just make it a refinement of previous entries, given how much they’ve added in the past.

2 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Keep getting a few odd bugs. One where all the NPC cars disappear and the world is suddenly empty, and one where the car just suddenly comes to an abrupt stop without braking, even while you’re flooring it. 

Anyone else?

I’m getting the second when there’s a server disconnect.

23 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Keep getting a few odd bugs. One where all the NPC cars disappear and the world is suddenly empty, and one where the car just suddenly comes to an abrupt stop without braking, even while you’re flooring it. 

Anyone else?

These are all network related. I assume they're working through the bugs. It's been way worse today that yesterday.

I've clocked 16 hours on this so far and am itching to go play more.

25 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

Anyone else?

My roads do seem very devoid of NPC cars. 

I've had the stopping dead thing so many times most annoyingly right before a danger zone. 

Worst thing is, mid way through setting up the dirt racing series when I was searching for the extra bits the game crashed, it now thinks I've done that part but the festival isn't set up so can't access that part of the game. 

15 minutes ago, Fletch said:

My roads do seem very devoid of NPC cars. 

I've had the stopping dead thing so many times most annoyingly right before a danger zone. 

Worst thing is, mid way through setting up the dirt racing series when I was searching for the extra bits the game crashed, it now thinks I've done that part but the festival isn't set up so can't access that part of the game. 

The NPC one is weird - mostly the roads are empty but tonight I just had about 5 cars disappear. The stopping dead one annoys me more, though. 

43 minutes ago, Kryptonian said:

Aaaaaah

there’s at least a twenty four page thread on resetera filled with genuine concerns about something that was the case for the last two forza horizon games, including one on game pass.