IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

This game is pushing me to get a Series S because of the loading times. On a One X, it takes 3min 20 to get to the game. Playing it via cloud gaming, not even native, on PC, it takes 1m 12s to get into the game, and that is including the cloud loader but at the beginning included. 

2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

Totally worth it. You can put a dent in the outlay by selling the One X. 

CEX sell the Series S for RRP and will give you something daft like £170 credit for a One X. 

That's some good advice. Just to add, through cloud gaming on the One X, the game is playable in 52 seconds, and again, that includes the cloud gaming boot up. 

6 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I think the next step towards realism for me is to play with the in-car view. I've used the bonnet view, which is great for the sense of speed it brings, but I definitely win more cases with the default behind the car view; in-car I can never seem to see the route ahead properly. Plus, inside the car you can't actually see the car you're in, obviously, and looking at how shiny they are is a big part of the appeal.

Interesting! I'm appalling in anything other than in-car view now, and behind the car is reserved only for hooning it about the countryside between races, or drift zones. For some reason I can't race from outside any more, I get this weird lag or disconnect between what I think the car should be doing and what it is. I had to give up on Art of Rally because of it, sadly. This inadvertently adds to the difficulty sometimes though, because modern fast cars seem to like letter box windscreens whereas I do appreciate a 90s car with a giant pane of glass and A pillars like pencils.

In other news, actually won a road race in the F40, that was a pleasant surprise. Normally terrible in the faster cars. It's a good S2 car to practice in though, incredibly long gears so you're not changing as often. Modern S2s seem to need you going up and down gears like you're doing F1.

The online ten races Forzawhateverit'scalled is so close to being brilliant. It leads to properly competitive races and you start to get annoyed/impressed by certain racers in the pack as the series goes on. But then it seems to take an absolutely age to load between races (on a Series S) and you'll frequently just sit waiting for it to "Fast Travel Opponents" whilst listening to whatever dirge is on the soundtrack. 

It would be so great to actually be put into a series of 10 races that don't take 3 or 4 minutes to load each. 

On 21/11/2021 at 22:26, BitterToad said:

The online ten races Forzawhateverit'scalled is so close to being brilliant. It leads to properly competitive races and you start to get annoyed/impressed by certain racers in the pack as the series goes on. But then it seems to take an absolutely age to load between races (on a Series S) and you'll frequently just sit waiting for it to "Fast Travel Opponents" whilst listening to whatever dirge is on the soundtrack. 

It would be so great to actually be put into a series of 10 races that don't take 3 or 4 minutes to load each. 

Peasant Xbox consoles with mechanical drives innit

On 21/11/2021 at 15:12, squirtle said:

That's some good advice. Just to add, through cloud gaming on the One X, the game is playable in 52 seconds, and again, that includes the cloud gaming boot up. 

You do completely forget about loading times on a Series X (and S) Quick resume is amazing.  The Xbox did an update the other night and I had to wait like 30 seconds before I could start racing - I was like "come on ffs".  You become a spoiled brat very easily when there's no loading.

7 minutes ago, CurryKitten said:

You do completely forget about loading times on a Series X (and S) Quick resume is amazing.  The Xbox did an update the other night and I had to wait like 30 seconds before I could start racing - I was like "come on ffs".  You become a spoiled brat very easily when there's no loading.

Yeah, I'm getting pretty fed up with the slow loading on my OneX especially as resume only works about 20% of the time with FH5 which is massively annoying.  My Switch must resume successfully more than 99% of the time, I cant even remember the last time it failed to do so; the Xbox has never matched that though at least its not as generally poor at resuming as my PS4.

I CBA with fannying around trying to find stock of a SeriesX though, if I could just order one from Amazon right now I probably would

12 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Sounds like you accidentally pinned it in the Accolades screen.  Find it in there and click it again to unpin.

Phew. Thanks. 

Happened to me because the game lost track of a Story and seemed to complete it for me when I came back. 

Is that still available to do then? Because I couldn't find anything on the map. 

7 hours ago, Plissken said:

Two short of the full discovered, although the achievement popped at 574/578.  I suspect this is because the achievement is discover all roads whereas the accolade is drive all roads.

I'm on 576/578 but I can't for the life of me see on the map the two in missing. It's maddening. Especially when the world map screen doesn't zoom in far enough for you to see whether you've *quite* shaded every single bit: when I was mopping the roads up before, there were some incomplete roads I could see on the HUD mini-map, but not from the world map.

I should probably just get back to doing the street races, although I might try all the danger signs next instead.

Here's my hot take: after 30 hours' play in two weeks, I've concluded that this game is something of a time sink.

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Is anyone having an issue with the daily challenge of completing an expedition? I've done 2 now, the Baja one and the Street Scene one and it's not popped. Rather annoying!

Yeah I did the carnival float one before you posted and nothing. Thought maybe it was needing a reload of the game to wake it up and trigger something so closed and quit it, reloaded it up and tried that one again plus then the Baja volcano one.... No daily challenge complete success :hmm:

I got the Radical already so don't need any more points for this season, just want them to go towards the series total for those cars.

8 hours ago, Meatball said:

Yeah I did the carnival float one before you posted and nothing. Thought maybe it was needing a reload of the game to wake it up and trigger something so closed and quit it, reloaded it up and tried that one again plus then the Baja volcano one.... No daily challenge complete success :hmm:

I got the Radical already so don't need any more points for this season, just want them to go towards the series total for those cars.

Yeah I've got 63 out of 61 points for this season so maybe that's why, when it swaps I'll try again. Good to know it's not just me though.

I haven’t been able to get points for completing an expedition either. Last week I couldn’t complete the showcase one either. Looks like if you’ve already done them then you’re fucked. 

Finally got more than 2 players for an arcade last night and that didn’t complete either! 

The Arcades would be better if they actually let you know they were starting like the Forzathons from 4. I think the reason no cunt does them is that noone has any idea where or what they are. There was never a problem getting a load of people together before.

I thought they did when it first came out but I haven't seen a notification for one since then. I think Quick Resume breaks a lot of the games functionality.

Unrelated: 12 roads left.

1 hour ago, Nosejam said:

I haven’t been able to get points for completing an expedition either. Last week I couldn’t complete the showcase one either. Looks like if you’ve already done them then you’re fucked. 

I spent ages trying to get three stars on the speed trap at the runway with a classic sports car daily challenge, only to find it didn't work. Perhaps because I'd already done it, perhaps because it's bugged. I don't know. Annoying either way.

That said, I did beat The Trial finally. Well, I say 'beat'. I just managed to luckily get in a team with some actual good drivers who carried me all the way. But I was getting better: managed to stay 8th for about two laps by the end (before losing). That's good for me if I can't rewind!

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

The Arcades would be better if they actually let you know they were starting like the Forzathons from 4. I think the reason no cunt does them is that noone has any idea where or what they are. There was never a problem getting a load of people together before.

I thought they did when it first came out but I haven't seen a notification for one since then. I think Quick Resume breaks a lot of the games functionality.

There is a small notification of Arcades if you are in the menu at the exact time when the 5 minute countdown starts, that is the only one though.

I dont think its quite as simple as just people not knowing about them or that they are every 15 mins rather than every hour as in FH4.  There is something broken in the matchmaking too as it is supposed to join you with participants in other sessions and does not appear to be doing so.  Remember there are over 10 million players on this in total so it should be possible to get more than 1 person in an arcade!!

It is on the official bug list so hopefully something will be done to fix it in the next patch.