IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

I managed to complete an arcade event with some players, I assume because it spawned right next to the castle so myself and anyone else who'd just left the castle were in the right place at the right time. I only did it for the seasonal points anyway, it's not exactly a fun event. The eliminator actually wouldn't be too bad if there were more car drops, driving around endlessly in the starting car or a level 2 or 3 car gets real old real quick.

17 hours ago, Plissken said:

You can always replay a Story chapter.

there didn't appear to be an option on that big page of stories where you initially set it. Is it hiding somewhere?

EDIT: ah, you have to find it on the map. I couldn't find it before, found it now. 

2 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

there didn't appear to be an option on that big page of stories where you initially set it. Is it hiding somewhere?

I *think* it's the case that all stories leave one icon somewhere on the map even after you've finished them (you have to have stories selected in the filter obviously). When you drive to that icon and press X, it gives you a choice of all the chapters, so you can replay any you like.

This confused me for ages as well but then I discovered this and I'm gradually trying to 3-star everything now.

47 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

There is something broken in the matchmaking too as it is supposed to join you with participants in other sessions and does not appear to be doing so.  Remember there are over 10 million players on this in total so it should be possible to get more than 1 person in an arcade!!

It is on the official bug list so hopefully something will be done to fix it in the next patch.  

This is good to know. The 10 million players thing I'd take with a pinch of salt, because Game Pass games are notorious for people booting them up and then never playing them again. There'll be still a vast number of people playing (in the millions) though.

How do convoys work ? I ‘joined’ one (rather than starting one) to do a multi-player task, and it just kept saying ‘only the convoy initiator can start the convoy’ or words to that effect, but I didn’t know how to do that.

56 minutes ago, Minion said:

I managed to complete an arcade event with some players, I assume because it spawned right next to the castle so myself and anyone else who'd just left the castle were in the right place at the right time. I only did it for the seasonal points anyway, it's not exactly a fun event. The eliminator actually wouldn't be too bad if there were more car drops, driving around endlessly in the starting car or a level 2 or 3 car gets real old real quick.

I quite enjoyed the event where you have to do a load of mini tasks against the clock, like smash three things or drive a certain speed. It was in the town. I'm not sure if it's anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

I quite enjoyed the event where you have to do a load of mini tasks against the clock, like smash three things or drive a certain speed. It was in the town. I'm not sure if it's anywhere else.

Mine was drifting for 10 minutes which I did not find much fun.

Had a 'do a load of jumps' then a 'jump through a bullseye' on top of the volcano last night which was easy with 4 of us but the 3rd task was a Danger Sign jump and I was the only person who was using the rewind button to get back to the top of the mountain so we narrowly failed. Devastating.

I'm actually running out of stuff to do, all the races and whatnot have been won (but I'm not good enough to win on Unbeatable so those accolades will never be done), all the speed/drift zones, jumps etc 3 starred.

Currently setting clean lap times in Rivals mode, the driving is great fun, getting booted out to freeroam and tramping through the menus in between each track is well shit.

I'm very close to completing all the street and road races which is what I enjoy, only expert, do I just have to increase the difficulty? I know there's user made content, anyone know of a good resource for that, it's a bit weird how some events have a user made race and some don't and I can't see a way to tell from the map.

1 hour ago, Minion said:

Mine was drifting for 10 minutes which I did not find much fun.

I did that one. "Drift here" okay what next? "drift back again", fine, next?  "drift there" , er, "drift back to the start again", okay, you're taking the piss- "drift there", jeez, "drift back to the start".

6 minutes ago, Vimster said:

I did that one. "Drift here" okay what next? "drift back again", fine, next?  "drift there" , er, "drift back to the start again", okay, you're taking the piss- "drift there", jeez, "drift back to the start".

Indeed, didn't make me want to do another arcade event again, though obviously I will for seasonal points!

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

6 roads left, none of them obvious. This is going to be a pain.

I have 2 left.  I already unlocked the achievement, but I want them all. 

I have scoured the map on at least 3 occasions so far and I simply cannot see them!!!!!

2 hours ago, Waggo said:

I have 2 left.  I already unlocked the achievement, but I want them all. 

I have scoured the map on at least 3 occasions so far and I simply cannot see them!!!!!

I feel your pain.

I've been addicted to the PR stunts in this of late - I bought an X-class Lambo for a cool $2 mil and have used it to do all of the danger signs, speed traps and speed zones. I'm going to mop up the trailblazers in it and then switch to a drift car to do all the drift zones. It's not exactly cutting edge in terms of gameplay - driving from one map marker to the next and ticking it off - but it's perfect at the end of a long day and you just want something to chill out with.

I'm also quite tempted to buy the treasure map so I can see where the 20-odd XP boards are that I've yet to collect. Some of those have been good fun to figure out how to get to, although there's one on top of the submerged church/temple in the middle of the big river that I think is impossible to get to during the wet season: there's just nothing nearby to ramp off of, and if you drive too close to it in the water you just sink and respawn on the nearest road.

On finding the last few roads, my very last one was a tiny crescent (normal road not dirt track) off another road (somewhere in the north east quarter of the map IIRC) that I’d driven past and therefore “coloured in” both ends of the crescent, leaving approx 1mm greyed out between them. Took bloody ages to find that one.

17 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

I'm also quite tempted to buy the treasure map so I can see where the 20-odd XP boards are that I've yet to collect.

more effort to work out but there will be maps showing where they all are. Never heard of this website but this is the first one that came up

https://steamlists.com/forza-horizon-5-full-treasure-map-guide-all-locations-of-billboards-barn/

This is the first Forza Horizon I’ve played and the first Forza since the OG Xbox. It looks amazing and the races are enjoyable when I get to them. But outside of that, I’ve no idea what’s going on.

I don’t understand all the icons on the map - I keep cancelling tournaments whenever I go to a new one. New stuff keeps opening up (festivals?) and I don’t know what they mean and can never find them again in the menu. So I’m just driving around doing the occasional race. I feel like I’m getting too old to understand the structure of modern games.

edit: I’m still really enjoying the game (didn’t want that to sound negative).

I ain't played the game in a week. 

Exhausted all content. Only a couple of cars left to get that are wheelspins only. Probably good to take a break and pop in every so often. 

Going to be a long wait for the DLC.

Top tip for the arcade events, get there early, if you fast travel to them in the last two minutes before they start you'll be on your own.

I've managed to complete a few by getting there early, the drift ones seem to be easier to complete with less people.

On 10/11/2021 at 08:51, PikaStu said:

I’ve had to set my desktop to 60hz to play this. Normally it’s set to 120hz and I have g-sync on, but the game’s frame pacing is all over the place. It’s like being towed by a big piece of elastic. 
R5 3600 and an RTX3070 here. Capping it at 60hz fixes this thankfully. 

Also the glitch with textures in the distance not rendering is putting me off, the scenery looks like Oblivion on the 360. 

Such an awesome game spoiled by some glitches, I hope it gets patched soon. 

This.

I've just spent a couple of hours trying to get this to run smoothly. I've got a RTX3090 and don't get the option to cap the framerate to 60Hz.

Pretty sure FH3 and FH4 didn't have this issue.

Going back to FH4 until they fix this.

This is a truly great game to just relax and chill with, I've been hooning around the North of the map around the canyon area and the beaches on the east and west and watching the light change and storms roll in, just wonderful to experience in my Ferrari CS. Won all the street scenes now just need to do the Marathon. Do the seasns change the events does anyone know? So a Street Scene race that is currently during a storm, will that be different in the next season?

2 hours ago, Monkeyspill said:

I don’t understand all the icons on the map - I keep cancelling tournaments whenever I go to a new one.

yeah a few of the seasonal ones are 3 race tournaments, when you start the first one it hilights all 3 in white on the map, not that they're easy to see with all the other icons, but you need to do all 3 before starting a diferent event if you want to finish a tournament. although just do whatever you want, it doesn't really matter.

edit - i'm having the same problem a few other people mentioned where some seasonal stuf doesn't register, like i did an arcade event and danger sign (with the right car), neither counted.

14 hours ago, Jammy said:

How do convoys work ? I ‘joined’ one (rather than starting one) to do a multi-player task, and it just kept saying ‘only the convoy initiator can start the convoy’ or words to that effect, but I didn’t know how to do that.

If you're in a convoy, then you can't start races etc. unless you're the person who created the convoy. The option to create one should be in the pause menu (press Y).

3 hours ago, Jamie John said:

What's the trick with drifting? I've got one of the S1 Formula Drift cars and can get 3 stars in some events, but it seems pretty flukey. The game, of course, doesn't tell you how to do it at all.

I couldn't do anything until I turned off Traction Control, once I did that it was much easier to control.