IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

2 hours ago, Monkeyspill said:

I don’t understand all the icons on the map - I keep cancelling tournaments whenever I go to a new one.

yeah a few of the seasonal ones are 3 race tournaments, when you start the first one it hilights all 3 in white on the map, not that they're easy to see with all the other icons, but you need to do all 3 before starting a diferent event if you want to finish a tournament. although just do whatever you want, it doesn't really matter.

edit - i'm having the same problem a few other people mentioned where some seasonal stuf doesn't register, like i did an arcade event and danger sign (with the right car), neither counted.

14 hours ago, Jammy said:

How do convoys work ? I ‘joined’ one (rather than starting one) to do a multi-player task, and it just kept saying ‘only the convoy initiator can start the convoy’ or words to that effect, but I didn’t know how to do that.

If you're in a convoy, then you can't start races etc. unless you're the person who created the convoy. The option to create one should be in the pause menu (press Y).

3 hours ago, Jamie John said:

What's the trick with drifting? I've got one of the S1 Formula Drift cars and can get 3 stars in some events, but it seems pretty flukey. The game, of course, doesn't tell you how to do it at all.

I couldn't do anything until I turned off Traction Control, once I did that it was much easier to control.

6 hours ago, Waggo said:

I finally found my 2 missing pieces of road. 😁 

copy.thumb.jpg.f141d33b363353cfb3bb5e0900f5317a.jpg

I am so happy relieved right now, as I have spent far too long looking for them.🤔

Did you just see them on the world map, or did you randomly come across then while roaming?

3 hours ago, ilpostino said:

I couldn't do anything until I turned off Traction Control, once I did that it was much easier to control.

Thanks, but I've done this already. I'm not sure whether to go faster on a relatively high gear and go for big drifts on the curves, or shift down and slalom my way to the finish line. It just seems to be a bit random compared with the other PR events, and it's telling that far fewer people in my clan seem to have bothered with the drift events versus speed traps, danger signs, etc. I've gone back to the street races for now, anyway. I'll alternate between one of those and one of the drift events to keep things fresh.

The drifting confuses me too. I can drift it with TCS on but it's more to do with being in low gear, throttle control and keeping all four wheels on the track, it seems. Snaking down the road seems like cheating/poor technique but it's the only way I can get 3 star scores.

1 hour ago, Jamie John said:

Did you just see them on the world map, or did you randomly come across then while roaming?

I turned the brightness down as was suggested on here, and then filtered the map so it was empty of everything.  Then I literally did a methodical grid search on the map. Found one relatively easy, but the last one was a single dash missing between a crossroads in the aerodrome and I genuinely spent far far too long looking for it.

11 hours ago, ggr said:

This.

I've just spent a couple of hours trying to get this to run smoothly. I've got a RTX3090 and don't get the option to cap the framerate to 60Hz.

Pretty sure FH3 and FH4 didn't have this issue.

Going back to FH4 until they fix this.

Yeah it’s broken. And the LOD is still woeful, even on extreme settings the textures blur about 2m in front of my car - reminds me of Soul Calibur’s floor textures on the Dreamcast.

And of course the mouse pointer issue hasn’t been fixed either.

Overall it’s not the end of the world, I’m still enjoying driving around exploring and taking part in challenges, but if I’d paid full whack for the game I’d be pretty annoyed. 

5 minutes ago, PikaStu said:

Yeah it’s broken. And the LOD is still woeful, even on extreme settings the textures blur about 2m in front of my car

There isn't a setting for anisotropic filtering anywhere, is there? 

Just now, PikaStu said:

Oh… I’ll check. Is that what causes it? I couldn’t remember the name!

Yeah that's what determines the level of detail (and distance in front of you) on textures. But the option isn't there I think (which is what I meant to say there).

1 minute ago, Meers said:

Yeah that's what determines the level of detail (and distance in front of you) on textures. But the option isn't there I think (which is what I meant to say there).

Ah yeah I had it set to high. There’s options for low, medium and high. Tbh switching between them, I can’t see much difference, if any. I took photos to compare as it requires a restart each time. 

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Ah so the option is there. Hmm didn't notice it before, maybe because I haven't played the PC version yet after the update. Must've been added then?

Yeah I don’t know tbh. I really should try the XBoneX version and see how it compares on this point. According to Digital Foundry the Series X has the PC equivalent of high. 

In fact I need to watch DF’s PC footage… I wonder if there’s something in my NVidia settings that’s causing it?!

2 hours ago, Meers said:

There isn't a setting for anisotropic filtering anywhere, is there? 

2 hours ago, PikaStu said:

Ah yeah I had it set to high. There’s options for low, medium and high. Tbh switching between them, I can’t see much difference, if any. I took photos to compare as it requires a restart each time. 

In game AF setting is borked. Force it via the Nvidia control panel.

I really bounced off this hard at launch, but it's starting to get it's teeth in me. Got home late and super stressed, and just belting around the incredibly detailed world really changed my mood around. Great stuff!

20 hours ago, Waggo said:

I have 2 left.  I already unlocked the achievement, but I want them all. 

I have scoured the map on at least 3 occasions so far and I simply cannot see them!!!!!

I've got 1 left and have not been able to find it for days.  Its likely a tiny part of a road probably one of the dashed ones but I've been over the map several times with no luck finding it.

I have just made it to the 'Hall of Fame' somehow.  I have no idea how progression still works in this but there you go. 

Is that it now? - I just need to mop up all the challenges etc and do the Season tasks?.  not too fussed about 100% this but its been fun.

2 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

That

Hide contents

XP board on the electricity pylon

probably took me more attempts than all the other ones combined.

I quite like that one! I caved earlier and bought the treasure map for £2 in a moment of weakness. Got them all now 😏

Just got a few of the cross country and drag races to go and then I'll have won and done everything, pretty much, offline, anyway. This is some tasty gaming crack and no mistake.

So I whacked the brightness down and couldn't find the last road. Then I got lazy and didn't turn it back up, and I was thrashing around doing the 'drive 15 miles' part of the weekly and I found this utter fucking bell end of a dirt road! Cheeky bugger. Anyway 100% baby!

25-11-2021_17-04-48-x5lcqoib.thumb.png.12658d0e667b2ec34460d782b31c2103.png

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

The 2019 Porsche Carrera you use for this week's challenge is practically easy mode with an AWD tune on it. 3 stars aplenty on speed traps.

Can you get the next challenge for it to unlock where you need to take a photo of it? Doesn't seem to work for me. I don't get the 15 mile drive one, either - the miles counter on the Horizon Playlist banner for it isn't going up at all.

2 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

Can you get the next challenge for it to unlock where you need to take a photo of it? Doesn't seem to work for me. I don't get the 15 mile drive one, either - the miles counter on the Horizon Playlist banner for it isn't going up at all.

I took the photo of it at night accidentally and it completed for me as well as the photo challenge. The 15 mile one is literally just bod about in the car for 15 miles and it'll tick over.