Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

32 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I took the photo of it at night accidentally and it completed for me as well as the photo challenge. The 15 mile one is literally just bod about in the car for 15 miles and it'll tick over.

Thanks. Randomly worked on the third try...

I unlocked enough points to get the first seasonal car reward earlier, the Zerouno, I think it's called. It's...fine, but I think getting it was more fun. The 'Reasonably Priced Car' event was pretty funny. I did it in a slightly souped up '95 Celica :lol:

10 hours ago, Girth Certificate said:

apparently the road running north to south along the long stretch of beach on the far right of the map sometimes shows as discovered when it actually isn't. Try driving along it.

It's not that one for me unfortunately, I've driven it a few times 😢

Edit: Got it!!

It was a tiny bit of track in the Ek' Balam temple area, I triggered it completely by chance when going back up the hill to the danger sign that overlooks the area.  I'd looked in that part of the map a couple of times and had not seen it so think it must have been tiny

10 hours ago, Minion said:

Man the group race event to get the Ferrari is really fucking hard!

Is that the team Trial one? There’s a couple of good McLaren Senna tunes that make that pretty easy (assuming you can find a team of like minded souls)

11 minutes ago, spanx said:

Is that the team Trial one? There’s a couple of good McLaren Senna tunes that make that pretty easy (assuming you can find a team of like minded souls)

Yeah did it in the end with a decent Ferrari FKK tune, I actually came first in the 2 races we won! Took 7/8 attempts though, blimey.

11 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

I swear to fucking god Quick Resume is responsible for 90% of the bugs in this game.

I've taken to quitting games from Quick Resume like this one because of random glitches and achievements not unlocking. As convenient as QR is, it still causes far more issues with games. Also, games take no time to load on the Series Consoles, FH5 included.

Yeah, I've started closing anything that relies on a connection to work. I don't know how it works from a Dev perspective but having things like Dead By Daylight have quick resume is worthless as it requires a connection to play and Quick Resume borks your progression even after you log back in.

11 hours ago, Anjin said:

This is a known bug, restart your game and it should work.

nah didn't work last night. We'll see what happens today after the console has been off all night

The co-op group race is weird. We lost the first one pretty decisively and then on the second 2 it seemed like we were losing all the way to the end and then the game decided we'd actually won. I guess it counts points relating to people who have dropped until the very end and then works out the proper result afterwards but it seemed like a bunch of the AI racers went from the podium to dead last as well. 

I've only had it do QR once anyway! First time ever yesterday. I'm not sure if anything was shafted by it. 

What's pissing me off a bit is that it's also keep telling me I have a session on another machine and do I want to start a new one. I don't. I have to turn the xbox off and back on again, and it MIGHT work as sleep mode. 

In other news, thanks for the general advice to just avoid the game and play a filtered map. It's actually fun to play now. 

How strange. Apart from one instance where it went a bit bonkers loading seasons every few seconds I haven't had it skip a beat using QR since launch day. I am in the skip ahead alpha preview program though, so maybe the later firmware helps with QR stuff. The only game it seems to give me grief with is Far Cry 6.

The Trial this week is an absolute fucking nightmare because every single attempt there’s some twat in a Lambo (it’s always a Lambo) nudging people off the road and ruining the team’s chances. Every. Single. Time. 😖

edit: did it finally on about the 7th attempt when I had a Lambo-free lobby of just me and two others who actually understood that it was a team effort. Thank fuck that’s over 👏

On 25/11/2021 at 12:00, Jamie John said:

Found my last road!

Also unlocked the achievement for getting 3 stars on (almost) all the PR stunts. Only 0.68% of other players have it, apparently. Feels good, man 🙂

I'm close 83% of the way there. Nice work 

45 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

still no luck on the two speed challenges (the one in the town was particularly galling as I was busting the target by a good 30mph in my comedy corvette :lol: ) I've got enough points for both cars anyhoo

That sounds like the known bug whereby if you don't also beat your best ever 3 star score the seasonal challenge does not register.

So, if your best 3 star on that speed trap is 250 mph in a hypercar there is no way you are going to be able to 'beat' the 200 mph challenge in a muscle car as you effectively need to hit 251 mph!

I can't get any of the team/online seasonal events to work at all. I go get to the timer for the event, it counts down to zero, I accept the prompt which asks if I want to match make, then just...nothing. Anyone else encountered this? I only need 4 more points to get the Subaru!

Which platform? I've had no issues this evening and did both of the team events this evening (the one for the Ferrari can get in the bin). This on PC as well which is always the one most likely to have random jank messing things up.

Unlocked the 22B tonight which was always a dream car and a favourite of Evo magazine back in the late 90's.

6 hours ago, layten said:

Which platform? I've had no issues this evening and did both of the team events this evening (the one for the Ferrari can get in the bin). This on PC as well which is always the one most likely to have random jank messing things up.

Unlocked the 22B tonight which was always a dream car and a favourite of Evo magazine back in the late 90's.

XSX. I quit the game and restarted it a couple of times, thinking it might have been a QR issue, but no change. Is there a network setting I need to fiddle with? I hardly ever play online multiplayer.

12 hours ago, Jamie John said:

I can't get any of the team/online seasonal events to work at all. I go get to the timer for the event, it counts down to zero, I accept the prompt which asks if I want to match make, then just...nothing. Anyone else encountered this? I only need 4 more points to get the Subaru!

I had the same issue on OneX near the end of last season, it would matchmake for many minutes but not actually do anything or display any error.  I think it was just another example of online being generally flakey for FH5 since launch. A while later I ended up going into horizon solo and then it would not go back online at all either.  Again there was no error message, it just did nothing.

I ended up going to bed and quit/ restarted the game the next day I played.  Online has been working since.

13 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

I had the same issue on OneX near the end of last season, it would matchmake for many minutes but not actually do anything or display any error.  I think it was just another example of online being generally flakey for FH5 since launch. A while later I ended up going into horizon solo and then it would not go back online at all either.  Again there was no error message, it just did nothing.

I ended up going to bed and quit/ restarted the game the next day I played.  Online has been working since.

Cheers - will give it another go later.

In other news, I've just got two drag races and some of the stories to go now and then I'll have won every race in the game, I think. I've got the difficulty all the way to to Unbeatable now but was still winning the remaining cross-country races I had left over first time; playing with a Local Motors Rally Monster souped up to the top of S1 is essentially easy mode: it eats up every hill like an off-road Pacman.

I've had a look at the achievements and the 1000G doesn't look too bad.

Hmm...