IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

Yeah, you'd have thought all the code to do these things would be the one bit that hadn't changed.

Feels like they tried to jam in something last minute but I can't imagine what it could be unless there's something in the whole expedition system somehow.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

All the seasonal stuff is missing for me. Like it's defaulted to the 'offline' one that pops up, but it isn't

IMG_20211205_185515.jpg

I get this all the time, you have to drive around for a bit and it'll connect, if not then close and restart.

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I also have the accolade "Find Ramiro's pilot outfit" on my screen at all times, with it ticked, despite doing that over a week ago.

I think didn’t someone else have similar the other day with one? They’d accidentally pinned it in the accolades menu. Have a nosey in there and see if it’s ticked as pinned. 

15 minutes ago, Meatball said:

I think didn’t someone else have similar the other day with one? They’d accidentally pinned it in the accolades menu. Have a nosey in there and see if it’s ticked as pinned. 

Yep, this was me and this solution fixed it. 

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

It's really strange as FH4 was rock solid. 

Yeah. Has Playground internally pivoted to Fable, or did they spin up a new team to start that? FH5 solidly has a whiff of Windows 11 about it, and I totally get the pandemic thing but  it all kinda points to "we're launching in November, you've got X months to ship it as it is" when it was shown at E3. Say what you want about Microsoft but this is all uncharacteristically buggy.

14 minutes ago, TehStu said:

Yeah. Has Playground internally pivoted to Fable, or did they spin up a new team to start that? FH5 solidly has a whiff of Windows 11 about it, and I totally get the pandemic thing but  it all kinda points to "we're launching in November, you've got X months to ship it as it is" when it was shown at E3. Say what you want about Microsoft but this is all uncharacteristically buggy.

From what I remember Fable is an entirely new team set up for that specific game.

This is the first Horizon game I’ve played so there’s probably a lot that’s going over my head.

What are the seasons about? I can’t select them. Are they events which expire based on real world dates? Why does the gene keep stopping and asking me to select events from a list? Where are these events in the actual game? Are they part of the season stuff?

26 minutes ago, Monkeyspill said:

This is the first Horizon game I’ve played so there’s probably a lot that’s going over my head.

What are the seasons about? I can’t select them. Are they events which expire based on real world dates? Why does the gene keep stopping and asking me to select events from a list? Where are these events in the actual game? Are they part of the season stuff?

Seasons mirror real world seasons. The idea is to change the map according to how it might in real life. For the most part, it's the weather conditions that change. But you can see things like lakes freezing or drying up. The season changes every week and a new Festival Playlist comes in at the same time.

I'm assuming the events you're being asked to select are part of the Horizon Adventure. Nothing to do with seasons.

I’ve decided I’m just going to keep playing and ignore the stuff I don’t understand. I’ve never played an open world racing game before (and haven’t properly played any racing games since the PS2 era) so there’s a lot that would seem obvious to most players that I just can’t get my head around.

Had to put it aside as well. I was moving on with that stunt story and the next one on the list has an invisible wall you hit as you drive to the starting point. The car just stops dead and the wheels spin like crazy.

But worse, huge parts of the world were refusing to load, so as you drive over invisible roads you hit more walls. Plus of course, the saving loop if you buy a new car. 

11 hours ago, BitterToad said:

From what I remember Fable is an entirely new team set up for that specific game.

Although apparently that team has has a lot of turnover, partly because people don't join playground to work on RPGs so maybe they cannibalised the Forza team a bit.

10 hours ago, Monkeyspill said:

I’ve decided I’m just going to keep playing and ignore the stuff I don’t understand. I’ve never played an open world racing game before (and haven’t properly played any racing games since the PS2 era) so there’s a lot that would seem obvious to most players that I just can’t get my head around.

This'll work.  Filter the map by "new". Drive to things that are new. Do the things that are new.

When you run out of new, congratulations : You're done.

(Or you can go back and get all the stars etc etc but you don't HAVE to).

I’m amazed at how buggy this is considering the series was completely rock solid for all four previous iterations.

Got the save bug on buying a new car, it keeps showing the Volcan Sprint icon as incomplete despite winning it. The Ferrari challenge this week resets itself.

Yeesh.

Conversely, this has been much more solid on PC since the patch. Not had a single crash or issue over the weekend.

Almost managed to 3* all the drift PR events yesterday, which was a lot of fun. Next up I need to get over my dislike of those bloody a->b dashes smashing through bloody trees and try and get a few done. They're so irritating though

3 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

What am I doing wrong? I win a car in a wheelspin, go to my collection to change into the car and it says “car is available from wheels pin/autoshow” so I go to autoshow where it says owned, click on it but I then still have to buy it?

You can't change cars from the collection or the autoshow, you need to go to "My Cars"

I’m almost certain that one particular accolade awarded me with an Aston Martin Vulcan when I clicked on the accolade icon, but when I went to add the car to my collection it was something a lot less exciting.

Does anyone know whether Playground are aware just how fucked this is at the moment ? Presumably they’re working on a hotfix.