IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

2 hours ago, Plissken said:

To be honest it doesn’t matter about spinning out because as long as you keep in the drift zone limits and try to go “forward” again you don’t lose out. At no point did I hold a drift for a couple of hundred yards.

I know but I'm trying to look cool while doing it!

22 hours ago, Jammy said:

Does anyone in here, if there even is such a thing for the Series X, use a proper wheel and pedals ?

ive been playing it on pc with a wheel, it works great. Xbox one wheels are supposed to be supported on series x - thrustmaster tx, logitech g920, etc. ive not tried this mind.

9 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I've tried the big named trailblazer 3 times. Fail, fail, 1 star. That's about the level of my tolerance for those.

I managed to do the trailblazers in the end by using the Ford Performance Bronco R. Didn't get close to doing them with any other vehicle.

27 minutes ago, TehStu said:

I've tried the big named trailblazer 3 times. Fail, fail, 1 star. That's about the level of my tolerance for those.

I didn’t realise that big event was a trailblazer, and was getting really pissed off that I kept triggering the trailblazer rather than the event !

19 minutes ago, Jammy said:

I didn’t realise that big event was a trailblazer, and was getting really pissed off that I kept triggering the trailblazer rather than the event !

Same, I actually thought it was the cross country one. I can just about tolerate those. But I'll give the Bronco a whirl when it's a bit more stable, cheers @SteveH

I've got 2 or 3 stars on all the trailblazers and most of those only took a few attempts.  I normally use the Hoonigan Cossie upgraded to S1.

Trick is to not just try and do it in a straight line, you want to have a look at the map and use a route that is relatively straight but also takes advantage of 'faster' terrain so any roads, less bumpy ground, areas with less trees etc

14 hours ago, SteveH said:

I managed to do the trailblazers in the end by using the Ford Performance Bronco R. Didn't get close to doing them with any other vehicle.

The problem isn't even the car, it's that it puts random unavoidable solid objects like houses over hills so there's literally no way to see them and that trees are solid or entirely breakable based on seemingly nothing but the divine will of RNG, often hiding smaller unbreakable trees behind big ones you can break.

Never mind, 1 starred them all now so I never need to see them on the map again.

16 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The problem isn't even the car, it's that it puts random unavoidable solid objects like houses over hills so there's literally no way to see them and that trees are solid or entirely breakable based on seemingly nothing but the divine will of RNG, often hiding smaller unbreakable trees behind big ones you can break.

Never mind, 1 starred them all now so I never need to see them on the map again.

Yeah the solid objects are a pain in the arse for sure. But I got used to where they were and that car is pretty good at not slowing down as much through water and bushes, which helps. 

Yeah, it's the way to grind it for sure, same as those stories that essentially force you to trailblaze.  What it's not to me is any actual fun.

I've got Forza H 2 on 360 to play once I want more forza. Genuinely looking forward to that being impossible in that game.

To be honest the real downer is just those situations where you're force to plough into woodland and roll 2 dice for "Is there one of the solid trees on your line" because there's no skill based way to do it.

Anyone having any problems with ultimate drift skills not registering for chapter 3 of the new weekly challenge? I’m definitely in the 1993 Nissan 240SX SE, and the ultimate drift skill is coming up on screen, but it still says 0/10 chapter progress.

EDIT: Ahhh I was doing E-drifts, not regular drifts, never realised there was a difference before.

Well I got the 10 ultimate drifts, and then won 4 races, but it didn’t trigger- went back in to see that it put me back at the start of chapter 3. Did the 10 drifts again, won two races and went for dinner. Those were definitely there.

Loaded the game up again, and now I’m right back at the start of chapter 1 again. What’s the point of having challenges like this if the game can’t even cope with them???

That street races challenge was dead handy, I had four street races left I hadn’t won yet so it popped a nice raft of accolades and gave me a new car. 

It’s a mark of how good the game is that although Halo is out this week I’ve still played this a load. 

I did the eliminator last night and it was just thoroughly broken, car drops disappearing, unable to challenge other cars, challenged by an invisible car i never saw and had no idea where it was.

I just don't get why stuff that used to work don't any more.

8 hours ago, Anjin said:

The treasure hunt is also bugged this week, if you've already three starred all the trailblazers it won't trigger. Very frustrating.

I haven't even 3 starred all of them and it's not working for me either, seems fucked for almost everybody that one. Luckily the reward is generic, still annoying though.