IGNORED

Forza Horizon 5

Mr Do 71

Quit to desktop, relaunched, it;s now counting up again, jesus christ...

4 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

it's crazy that they've picked a comically expensive vehicle AND upped the mileage requirement 10x in the same week

Yeah whoever came up with this one is a bit of a prick.

@Minion Yeah, I found most FE cars and high value cars typically have super wheelspins you can buy with points, it's definitely worth looking through your cars to try and get a few. Also, completing a brand of cars in the car collection does sometimes award wheelspins, so it's worth picking up a couple of cheap ones sometimes as well.

I'm going to try my luck at selling some cars I got from 100%ing the previous weeks that I'm not too fussed on. Exclusive cars that are only available from that may sell for a bit. 

100 miles in one sitting is rough, think I drove from east beach on the map to west last week for the 20 miles thing and that was only 15/16 miles...so repeat that what, another 8/9 times and that's 100 miles...boring. 

In better news, I got the trial done first go this week, the tracks are a lot more open this week and there's no fog or anything to throw you off. I used the Jeep tune in the link above from trueachievements and easily got 2nd place in both races. 

The Pontiac Trans Am is only $25,000 so easily earn your money back on the Super Wheelspins you get from it.

Someone just gifted me a Jaguar D Type, that's a $22M car, thanks Forza player!

I did the 100 miles in the end, got stuck at 57 again I think if you go to the barn it might stop the counter. 

Just bought my Bentley from the autoshow, gonna try and smash out the challenges as quick as and sell it back...should easily get 4mill back judging from a brief look at the AH just now. What was the 1.2 Mill car this week? Havent really looked too much through the activities yet, just done the trial and one championship. 

7 hours ago, Varsity said:

Just bought my Bentley from the autoshow, gonna try and smash out the challenges as quick as and sell it back...should easily get 4mill back judging from a brief look at the AH just now. What was the 1.2 Mill car this week? Havent really looked too much through the activities yet, just done the trial and one championship. 

Don't forget the 'small fee' on AH sales though quite what you get for the fee I really don't know.  A 4mil sale will only pay you about 3.3mil

The Ferrari F40 which you may have already, I did but can't remember where from, I didn't buy it though.

I've been checking my garage for cars with Super Wheelspins and just got an F40 from that. I nearly went ballistic as the Trail Cat is from an accolade that I hadn't done but a) it's an easy Accolade and b) it popped just as I was doing another event so yay!

10 hours ago, StumpyJohn said:

Don't forget the 'small fee' on AH sales though quite what you get for the fee I really don't know.  A 4mil sale will only pay you about 3.3mil

The Ferrari F40 which you may have already, I did but can't remember where from, I didn't buy it though.

Yeah, I didn't have it lol. Bought it and resold it pretty sharpish last night though, so done most of the annoying stuff this week now. 

1 hour ago, Fierce Poodle said:

What’s the deal with those messages you get when you, for example, do one of the speed trap challenges, telling you you’re in the “Top 100%”? OK, great… I guess?

Join the Muk club, if you haven't already, or if you have, press x to filter the times by club, you can see how your times compare to regular rllmuk folk rather than everyone including all the hackers at the top of the leaderboard. Much more fun trying to get to the top of the muk leaderboard.

This game is up there with my all time fave ‘just have a quick blast’ games ever! 

The only issue is I usually fire it up for a 30 min sesh to complete some races and end up doing silly stuff like this….

1 hour ago, James Lyon said:

50 miles one on the clock for the Bentley challenge before going to bed. Put it on this morning and it's gone and reset itself. <_<

Yeah that happened to me, did you change cars at any point? I think you need to stay in the car as I was later able to close and come back without it resetting as long as I stayed in the car, it's bullshit.

Anyone else that has the castle player house have any issues with it giving you the daily wheelspin? 

Doesn't pop when I login, doesn't pop when I visit the festival, just seems to randomly pop at an undetermined length of time into my play session, kind of annoying. 

@TehStu Personally not had any issues for a while now, no random disconnects anyway. Rarely play with others so not sure how online co-op is etc. 

:lol: It's been a few patches since I've played. Fire it up, kinda excited for all those VIP wheelspins. Can't drive, pad not responsive. Wait a couple of minutes, pad works.

Maybe some weird edge case bug unique to starting at Casa Bella, but that's been around since the start. Looks like I'd better report it.

Got some lucky wheelspins, which perked me up. Finally enough money for the castle. Map is overwhelming. I know you can filter it, but it's not good UX to force me to figure out how to narrow down a sandbox. Look at my accolades and figure I'll finish off the welcome to Mexico. Can't find the next race I need to win but it's cross country so I'll work on those, although I don't like them, never have. Two races on average, 5th and 3rd.

I think the flame has gone out and I just can't be bothered any more. Makes me sad. Apparently I looked miserable because my wife asked if I was OK.

Oh well, FM next.

Edit -  wait, I paid for the DLC. Heh. At least those are more focused.

9 hours ago, Minion said:

Yeah that happened to me, did you change cars at any point? I think you need to stay in the car as I was later able to close and come back without it resetting as long as I stayed in the car, it's bullshit.

No, I don't think so. It actually put me back to the speed zone challenge when I first loaded in. But I went out and back in and it had reset to the start of the 100 mile one. Hopefully a new patch is on the way.

2 hours ago, Varsity said:

Anyone else that has the castle player house have any issues with it giving you the daily wheelspin? 

Doesn't pop when I login, doesn't pop when I visit the festival, just seems to randomly pop at an undetermined length of time into my play session, kind of annoying. 

Its bugged for lots of people and has been since launch I think, certainly for quite some time at any rate.  Its on their bug list.

I think I get a notification of the free spin about half of the time and it's typically not when I first start playing on a given day but some random time later

2 hours ago, Varsity said:

@TehStu Personally not had any issues for a while now, no random disconnects anyway. Rarely play with others so not sure how online co-op is etc. 

I regularly have issues with online only partially working so arcade events might not show on the map, tour session will not join but also no error given etc.  Essentially it thinks its online but isn't and seems linked to resume as quitting and restarting the game usually fixes it.  No idea how they managed to have so many issues with resume and still pass testing on this!

Only had 1 disconnect once actually getting into a session though, got booted partway through a tour a couple of days ago

1 hour ago, TehStu said:

:lol: It's been a few patches since I've played. Fire it up, kinda excited for all those VIP wheelspins. Can't drive, pad not responsive. Wait a couple of minutes, pad works.

Maybe some weird edge case bug unique to starting at Casa Bella, but that's been around since the start. Looks like I'd better report it.

The last patch was a little over a month ago (14th Dec) so there are probably less new fixes than you'd hope for.  They put out a message on their focus areas last week but I dont think there is a date for the next patch yet.  https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/forza-horizon-5-community-update-jan-11-2022

At least they seem to have stopped including broken events in the seasons now though.

I have the same unresponsive for a few seconds issue but with Hotel Castillo, so perhaps the issue just effects whatever one is set as your home.  It only happens some of the time for me, maybe a quarter of the time?

11 hours ago, James Lyon said:

No, I don't think so. It actually put me back to the speed zone challenge when I first loaded in. But I went out and back in and it had reset to the start of the 100 mile one. Hopefully a new patch is on the way.

Turns out I did have to do it all again. Still, I didn't mind. I quite liked the car once I'd upgraded the engine and things. Just did the Colossus a couple of times as I hadn't completed it yet.

35 minutes ago, Varsity said:

https://www.trueachievements.com/n47875/forza-horizon-5-festival-playlist-season-challenges-guide

Tunes and stuff for this week. 

Another couple of pricey cars by the looks of it...will do what I did last week and try to buy em and use em early so I can relist em on the AH and get the money back. 

I rinsed through most of the stuff earlier. Enough to get the points for winning both cars anyway. There's one championnship that needs an S2 car with 'Super Sport' in the name. The only one you can buy is a 2.2mil Bugatti, so I thought that was a bit of a repeat from last week and was going to reluctantly buy it, but then saw there's a bunch of Chevrolets in lower class with that in their name what you can tune up and use instead, so I went for one of those. Side note...I think it was this championship I noticed they couldn't bother to fit the description text in the pop-up box on the map screen -_-

S1 Classic Racer for the trial might be expensive, but I used the Lola Penske suggested in that link what I already had. Success on our first attempt too. Race one was a loss and 2 or 3 players dropped out which as noted before can be a good thing and I got lucky that the remaining few who stayed were good, with one super team player running a blocking technique up at the front to slow the AI drivatars down, helping the rest of us get though easier :hat: