Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania!

mdn2

I don’t know. Have they changed the physics?

The GC controller was good for the original because of its hexagonal analogue stick, (which is probably a contradiction in terms) allowing precisely angled tilts.

This is currently 50% off on the eShop, before it's even been released, & it wasn't that expensive to start with. :blink:

I was probably going to get it anyway but was just waiting for at least a couple of reviews & impressions. Perhaps everyone else was doing that too, so they wanted to force our hands?  I hope it's not because the game is actually bad...

5 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Is the edition with the art book not available in the EU? 

It's meant to be available here; it's just called "Launch Edition & Art Book" on the UK Sega site. No retailer has it listed though.

Edit - To confuse matters, they have a tweet which says the art book is a preorder bonu at retailers which have yet to be named:

52 minutes ago, Jarik said:

This is currently 50% off on the eShop, before it's even been released, & it wasn't that expensive to start with. :blink:

Are you getting it mixed up with Banana Blitz, which is 50% off?

7 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Are you getting it mixed up with Banana Blitz, which is 50% off?

Yes, I am. :(

I thought they were 2 different names for the same thing. Is that not the case?

13 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

No, Banana Blitz is an HD update of the hand-holdy Wii game, I think. Hand-holdy in that most of the levels have barriers around the stages that prevent you from falling off :unsure:

Hmm.  Despite Banana Mania being clearly listed for Switch in the announcements it's not listed on the eShop. The discount on Blitz is probably to get some extra sales ahead of Mania's release but the cynical part of me thinks that Mania isn't listed yet so that people might buy Blitz by mistake...

2 hours ago, Alex W. said:

It's meant to be available here; it's just called "Launch Edition & Art Book" on the UK Sega site. No retailer has it listed though.

Edit - To confuse matters, they have a tweet which says the art book is a preorder bonu at retailers which have yet to be named:

Version with art book is available at Game. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love that all the response to Beat being added that I've seen online has either been:

a) Jet Set Radio fans frustrated at the series being given yet another nod in throwaway form without any intention of the series being developed any further,

or b) Monkey Ball fans unimpressed by the inclusion of a character they don't know or care about

Truly, the sign of perfect Franchise Synergy going on here.

They can all fuck off unless Amigo has been included. He’s the only one that matters. And he is a monkey. 

edit - I saw the achievement list which I guess is the same as the trophies. You do need to clear everything ‘without helper mode’, as expected, but no indication if continues are allowed. Will it even have continues? The arcade era is almost a distant memory at this point.

I found this breakdown at Nintendo Life and it sounds a bit confusing in Euro release terms:

In North America, the physical 20th Anniversary Edition comes with the Collectible Sleeve, Reversible Cover, and 40-Page Art Book!

smb.original.jpg

In Europe, the physical Launch Edition features the Reversible Cover, and the 40-Page Art Book will be available at selected retailers. Please stay tuned for more details on which retailers will provide the 40-page art book in this region!

smb.original.jpg

The Digital Deluxe Edition includes 4-Day early access and four pieces of DLC, which can also be purchased separately for $4.99 (or your regional equivalent):

smb.original.jpg

The Digital Deluxe Edition will feature 4-Day Early Access (play October 1st)! It also includes four pieces of DLC that will also be available to buy separately for $4.99 USD (or equivalent)

And here's a look at the four DLC:

smb.original.jpg

smb.original.jpg

smb.original.jpg

smb.original.jpg

The Classic Character Pack unlocks classic versions of AiAi, MeeMee, Baby, GonGon, YanYan, and Doctor!

The SEGA Legends Pack enables you to play as a Game Gear, Dreamcast, and Saturn!

The Customization Pack is a set of pink cosmetic items for dressing up AiAi, MeeMee, Baby, GonGon, YanYan, and Doctor!

Getting the Classic Soundtrack means you can switch over to classic Super Monkey Ball tracks!

Last of all we have a look at the Bonus Cosmetic Pack - which will come with all pre-orders:

smb.original.jpg

😵💫

I think I’ve preordered the simple “launch edition” and I’ve instantly forgotten what the above information tells me I’ll be getting besides the game, if anything.