Metroid: Dread - October 8th

mdn2

On 17/09/2021 at 13:45, grounded_dreams said:

Has anyone had any changes to their Currys pre-order? Had a look at mine and it still seems alright and at that lower price. Would have thought they changed / cancelled it by now if they saw any issues.

Mine is still there at the bargain price.

41 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Thanks for this. Just ordered - anyone know how quick this eBay store sends out ore-orders. I’m not in any rush for it on launch day I guess. 

Boss Deals is the eBay outlet for Simply Game, or Base, or ShopTo - can’t remember  which one, but one of them. Totally reliable and prompt delivery in my experience. 

Massively looking forward to this. I love the sound design in Metroid, it just sets a tone and atmosphere like none other. 

Sure it will look great on the Switch OLED but IMO it’s going to look and sound even better on a big screen with surround sound or headphones. 

1 hour ago, Popo said:

And I’ve just finished Axiom Verge, so there’s a big Samus-shaped hole in my life right now. 

Conversely, I played so many Metroidvanias over the last half-decade that I’m a bit worn out with the whole concept! :lol: (Even didn’t last long with a recent Super Metroid replay, but that was more to do with not getting on with the controls these days.) I want this to be good though!

1 hour ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Trying to figure out if I have time to start and finish Blasphemous before Dread is out, and if I can, worried that I’ll need a break before starting. 

It’s reasonably lengthy, and leans into its Souls influences, so certain sections and bosses can take a few runs to overcome due to the difficulty and need to recognise patterns. It probably took me about 20, 22 hours to beat. 

It’s excellent, but unless Dread turns out to be a massive disappointment I’d say give it some time to breath rather than try to cram it. 

46 minutes ago, Popo said:

It’s reasonably lengthy, and leans into its Souls influences, so certain sections and bosses can take a few runs to overcome due to the difficulty and need to recognise patterns. It probably took me about 20, 22 hours to beat. 

It’s excellent, but unless Dread turns out to be a massive disappointment I’d say give it some time to breath rather than try to cram it. 

Yeah makes sense. Looks right up my alley though, I booted it up the other day just to have a look and can’t believe I hadn’t played it sooner. Well I’ve waited this long I can wait a bit longer.

All about dat Dread now tho.

14 hours ago, Stanley said:

Massively looking forward to this. I love the sound design in Metroid, it just sets a tone and atmosphere like none other. 

Sure it will look great on the Switch OLED but IMO it’s going to look and sound even better on a big screen with surround sound or headphones. 

You should really play Returnal, probably the best and most atmospheric sci-fi sound design out there. :)

But yeah, really looking forward to Dread as well. I just hope the level design is up to scratch because everything I've seen so far is incredibly my jam as a sci-fi and classic Metroid fan. Out of all the remaining games for this year, this is easily the one I want to play the most.

37 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

You should really play Returnal, probably the best and most atmospheric sci-fi sound design out there. :)

But yeah, really looking forward to Dread as well. I just hope the level design is up to scratch because everything I've seen so far is incredibly my jam as a sci-fi and classic Metroid fan. Out of all the remaining games for this year, this is easily the one I want to play the most.

I'd love to play Returnal, will see what the situation with PS5 stock is like shortly and hopefully get one in the new year, can imagine it will be hard in the run to Christmas.